JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BBQ weekend

Tracey.......yoo hoo Tracey.......

My daughter and SIL and GD came over this weekend to help clean my pantry  afraid-smiley.png.5ac000bb68124945ef1984948fc5731c.png So we had a BBQ weekend!

Did pork yesterday. Had a roast, no pictures tho, rats, and a loin- about 9 pounds of loin. Cut some into cubes and deep fried and put brown sugar/balsamic sauce on the finished crispy nuggets of pork! Needs more sauce tho, will make it tomorrow

5a8105bc8b445_cubes(861x1531).thumb.jpg.ae45c40f5b97df9997a7191a5909ba1e.jpg.

Then trimmed more fat off and cut some medallions and fried for a crust on them then added a cream sauce and a bunch of quartered crimini mushrooms. https://dinnersdishesanddesserts.com/smothered-pork-chops-recipe/  I didn't use flour or chicken stock,  not having flour meant I didn't need but a little bit of water. MH is super picky eater and says he hates pork but since the kids were here he forced himself to eat it and went for seconds! Says I can make them again. I didn't eat but was so happy there was left overs!

5a8105ba4d14c_medallion(861x1531).thumb.jpg.f6eb34359c18751e11389e025048b411.jpg

Then we smoked the roast and loin after it was marinated- http://thewoksoflife.com/2016/12/pernil-roast-pork/

It looks great but the fam ate the medallions and burgers instead. The kids will take the pork roast home, I'll keep the BBQ loin then I get to keep the other half of Brisket and make it into maybe corned beef.

This is the brisket Sam did for us today, thing of beauty. Had it with fresh coleslaw, pan seared asparagus in sesame oil and garlic, and potatoes. 

5a81065957396_Brisket(861x1531).thumb.jpg.5cbc767d4330a15a404351f466689be5.jpg

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

That brisket looks good. Looks to have some nice bark on it. :thumbsup:

My wife got a deal on some pork ribs marked down. She cooked them on the charcoal grill today after letting them sit for a while with a rub on them she found online from Bobby Flay.

She has never really cooked ribs before (I usually do that) and I don't really care for ribs - I went back for seconds!

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

We were talking about having ribs but it would mean that I'd have to cook something extra for MH and MD, they don't like fat and ribs are pretty much out of the question.

The brisket was super, we grilled the hoagie rolls and poured the sauce all over as we ate, oh man...I think I'm getting hungry.

SIL likes the smoker so much he threatened to get the hand cart and put it in his trunk:D, yep, he'll be back.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34