JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.ORG Updates

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2196 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

9 hours ago, Thesauron said:

This is to assist all of our beloved sign language family members who aren’t fluent in written script, or have trouble understanding whatever written language the people around them use. Written English, for instance, does not correspond to sign language.

Yes, being such a linguistically and culturally diverse group, the brothers have to work really hard to come up with some excellent and effective 'User Interface' design. I think all the work to make a U.I. suitable for the deaf has made the U.I. better for everyone, which is why I think that they'll add it to the rest of the languages soon. Good design and Iconography doesn't only benefit our deaf friends. :)

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

That's true. I was working with a brother in service once who "spoke" American Sign Language (in French), and we met a deaf person. The two had no trouble communicating in ASL. Then the brother presented to him one of our magazines, which had a title such as "No more suffering," or something like that. Even though I couldn't understand the sign language, the householder was gesturing something like "More suffering?" And the brother had to explain what it really meant.

I'm wondering what the householder got out of the rest of the magazine.

Now, with the new reduction in periodicals, we finally have the public WT and Awake! in ASL! It's so nice having almost the same material as everyone else :D