JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Any good Keto recipes?

4 hours ago, Loopy said:

Sure!

I got it from Pinterest.

https://www.asparkleofgenius.com/keto-no-bake-cookies/

Hopefully this works.  Lots of ads before the actual recipe.

Could you please cut and paste it here?

My browser won't let me open that site.

It claims it is an unsecure connection.  *eye roll*

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

12 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Could you please cut and paste it here?

My browser won't let me open that site.

It claims it is an unsecure connection.  *eye roll*

Sure! Just give me a minute. 😁

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Keto No Bake Cookies

Ingredients: 

1 1/3 C. creamy peanut butter

2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder

2 C. unsweetened coconut flakes

2 tbsp. melted butter

Keto No Bake Directions: 

1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Combine the peanut butter, vanilla extract, melted butted, coconut flake and cocoa powder mixing well. The mixture will be gooey.
  3. Scoop the no bake cookies onto the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Use the back of the spoon to gently press/shape the ingredients into a 3″ cookie.
  4. Once you have all the cookies on your baking sheet, place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
  5. Store in a large freezer bag in the freezer for whenever your sweet tooth hits.

*Makes approximately (10) 3″ cookies

I found that extra 1/3 cup of peanut butter was a little much. Others may like it tho.

You can add a little sweetener (Stevia, etc.) if you want. That way it’ll give the “unsweetened” cocoa a little flavor. 

• 2 weeks later...

GM! I have been keeping my unbaked cheesecake (organic: 2 Cream cheese, ..Enough Sour cream, cultured butter, whipping cream, Greek yogurt to equal a package of cream cheese) with whipped cream topping, in the fridge; and after cooking my organic bacon, I put what we don't eat in a cup in 2" pieces. Then later in the day when I am hungry, I eat a small portion of cheesecake and a couple of pieces of bacon! Holds me for hours!! Wow!! This diet is sooooo easy!!!  Oh yes..a little coffee with whipping cream never hurts!!  :coffee:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

49 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Oh yes..a little coffee with whipping cream never hurts!!  :coffee:

I know what you mean.

I am addicted to heavy whipping cream in my coffee. ^_^

Problem is, now all my relatives are addicted too, and they ain't livin' KETO. :D

While the numbers on my scale are going down, I'm afraid their numbers will be going

up. :wacko:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 3 weeks later...

The scale isn't going down like I want it to so for the next 2 weeks I decided to be aggressive. I'm having 3 different recipes for my main meal-  4oz meat stirfry/3 eggs, 4 strips bacon and 6 mushrooms/spaghetti squash w/3 oz burger and mushrooms and onions topped wit a bit of parm. Then will have a keto shake for midday and a kirkland bar with 3/4 cup mix nuts for  dinner. Today is day 2 and I'm doing well with this plan. 

I do have to say that my cloths are big and here real soon I'll have to switch to my old cloths (skinny cloths). I want to wait so that they fit loose and when people see me they will see the difference. I've been hiding in my big sweatshirts, because its winter and I can. 

It did make me feel good when I saw one of my  supervisors yesterday after not seeing him for 2 months, he said OMG you HAVE lost weight. He's trying to loose weight but is not successful. I hope I can inspire him and his wife to embark on the journey. 

I was told that getting rid of all dairy would cause a rapid weight loss. I've been dairy free for 2 months and haven't noticed any rapid anything. BUT I do feel better in regards to inflammation. I have psoriatic arthritis and it feels better by not having dairy. That said I'm making the decision to have some parm on my spaghetti squash. I have so many food allergies that I can't have much of anything so I'm allowing a bit of  parm back in my diet once in a while.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I am trying the intermintent fasting. 😉Since my husband sleeps late until at least 10am, and I get up earlier..about 7:30; after a few ounces of sparkling mineral water with lime and stevia drops, I make my coffee and have one cup with some heavy cream. Then at about 10:30 I make breakfast..for me..3 eggs scrambled with hot sauce and roasted red peppers and a half slice of pepperjack cheese...cooked in butter...either organic chicken saussage, ham, or bacon. A few cups of mineral water during the day, one with the addition of a raspberry power pack (vitamins and minerals)..(has 1 gram organic sugar) and a little cream added..I could have green tea also..liquids are allowed anytime..😊

Supper is 6pm..4 oz. ground organic "Smart" Chicken (brand name) seasoned with hot sauce, garlic and sage,(or 3 oz. organic grass fed ground beef chuck) the other half slice of my pepperjack cheese. ... 2 small cauliflower tortillias heated in butter, baby kale salad with cukecumber, radish and a little olive oil sprinkled with parmesan... Soda mineral water with lime...Dessert..1 Keto chocolate chip cookie. The total calories for the day is less than I could have for my size, but Dr. Berg says that's ok..to only eat until satisfied. I am not weighing, only looking in the mirror occasionally.😌

Shopping and house work is my exercise..wish I was 10 years younger..this process would really speed up!!😎 In Paradise considering all the physical work, it may be hard to not loose weight..haha!! Can't wait!!💓

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

So I need to tell you folks something. I failed to eat only one meal only today.😣

I cooked up the last 2 of my spaghetti squash, made ground beef with fine chopped mushroom, onion and garlic w/oregano. 

The squash were so big I ended up with nearly a gallon and a half of meat! Froze 2 quart bags, sent some to a sister and kept 1/2 gallon in fridge to eat. 

And eat I did today. OMGoodness......if you want a recipe to make you whine for more this is it! 

Having it all cooked up was perfect. I put in 2 cups of squash into 1/2 of the pan then 5 oz of burger on the other side. It warmed up in 3 minutes then added grated parm and black olives. OMGoodness again! I cannot have pizza and this reminded me of pizza because of the veg/olive/meat combination w/the cheese. I ate it after meeting, worked it off pulling up carpet then went back for more at 4:30 for dinner. No I can't eat like this everyday but for today it was good for me. 

I'm going to try it with acorn squash too. I like to slice them in rounds and cook in a skillet, the meat mix will go great in the center of it. I'm glad I've fallen in love with squashes. Growing a few different ones this year. Keeper squash.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 1 month later...

try keto on pinterest - thats my wifes goto

she also loves substituting cauliflower rice in some of our past favorite dishes

these days she also does a great stir fry with cali rice and some veggies then some eggs and maybe some protein

i can eat 1-2 large portions (i love that) get and stay filled up and the meal was super healthy near 0 carbs and balanced Protein/FAT

i have also come to the hard facts that <calories in =====calories out> is still a huge factor

so since i love to eat a large amount of some foods - healthy still - i need to generate some calories out

i am NOT a gym person so - sports - walking - bike riding - anything that helps me generate more calories going than coming in = weight loss

my favorite food is PIZZA - so grab a cauliflower pizza from Walmart or Sams club - add your favorite protein or good vegetable and truly enjoy

https://kaseytrenum.com/90-second-bread-actually-tastes-good-keto-low-carb/?fbclid=IwAR1F5hSyFKAjg5l_t6fk8SHoqLR2XLD-ZUpzQoAT_a2dVtbufNwcnHrfrCE

Haven’t tried it yet but I’m planning on it. 😋

Umm, 90 second bread

Edited by Loopy

Did not try this due to keto but it is and I really enjoyed it.  A friend takes zucchini squash and using a greater grated as much as she wants in a bowl then adds a little lemon juice and oil. Salt and pepper for a nice side salad.  I used oil and vinegar and seasoned with lemon salt and pepper.  I served it in a beautiful brandy sniffer as a serving dish.  It took honestly one minute to make.  Was ice cold and refreshing and looked so pretty too.  I used the glass because secretly I thought this just cant be good so if I make it pretty it might taste better.  Lol.  I had red pepper flakes. Oil and vinegar with a bit of sweetener in a Mason jar and did this the next night using a dry grated parmesan as a garnish. Bso good. 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

That sounds really good, @LeslieDean. I may actually try this. 

On my menu today was Ethiopian chicken stew, which turned out really good. I will be making this again. I ate it as is, but for a treat, it would go well with coconut flour naan and a side of braised cabbage. It is spicy. 

Here was the recipe, which I pretty much followed to a t, realizing afterwards that the whole thing could have been done in 1/4 of the time. It reminds me quite a bit of another dish I make, which I am able to prepare fairly quickly. 

https://www.daringgourmet.com/doro-wat-spicy-ethiopian-chicken-stew/

https://www.delish.com/food/videos/a45058/the-number-one-secret-to-amazing-scrambled-eggs/?epik=dj0yJnU9RmhuUzZReldIdDUwa2V0ZGtHWFRZWnhhM2ZxOUY4bkwmbj1mNEYyZFYtTE96VGR4UnZBMnZYUDJnJm09MyZ0PUFBQUFBRnlhamRr

For anyone that likes scrambled eggs:

No real recipe the person just explained what/and how to do it

Decide how many eggs. 😁

Whisk eggs well first.

Next: the sour cream. 

All the instructions said was:

1 scoop (?) for each egg.

Whisk eggs and sour cream really well as sour cream will get lumpy.

Salt and pepper

Cook

I’m hear to tell yah, they were lip smacking delicious. 😋 

I used 4 eggs and than also added ham and some cheese.