JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Billy Graham has died

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2244 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/billy-graham-99-dies-pastor-filled-stadiums-and-counseled-presidents/ar-BBJpHtx

The well known evangelist Billy Graham has died. It will be interesting if we see him again..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 minutes ago, Musky said:

In the congregation I grew up in there was a brother who looked exactly like Billy Graham. I used to enjoy going in the door to door work with him and watching the householder's reaction. :)

Similar to Michael Jackson and Prince?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Am wondering this after hearing the news that he passed at 99.  If all these years he never accepted Jehovah as the one and only true God, but taught that Jesus, was the one true God, he loved the limelight with political leaders world wide, he preached hell fire, and going to heaven.  Am not his judge, but wouldn't someone wonder if he would really be resurrected?  What if he is and he will not accept Jehovah then?  I mean, while alive, this man had all the proof that Jehovah is God's personal name.  Who could have mislead him besides Satan.  Were there people with him that tried persuade him to accept the truth?   He swayed people all around the earth but never once did he bring them together, the way Jehovah has organized his people all around the world.  Now he's gone, so would he be considered as an unrighteous person?  I don't know for sure.  Only Jehovah could read that man's heart.  

1 hour ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Am wondering this after hearing the news that he passed at 99.  If all these years he never accepted Jehovah as the one and only true God, but taught that Jesus, was the one true God, he loved the limelight with political leaders world wide, he preached hell fire, and going to heaven.  Am not his judge, but wouldn't someone wonder if he would really be resurrected?  

30 minutes ago, Dove said:

He made his own name known, not Jehovah's..

Wouldn't he have the same future as all other clergy..?

Yes, he has the same duties as everyone else who doesn't have a relationship with Jehovah - is up to Jehovah to decide. 

Of course, the same is true for those who live Jehovah. 

There is no automatic, blanket condemnation of Billy Graham, or any other specific individual.  The Bible is clear that certain ones will not be resurrected. Jesus was clear that, as a class, religious blind guides were liable to Gehenna.  However, we cannot state any specific individual was deemed unworthy of a resurrection. Only Jehovah can make that call. 

We will have to wait and see. 

24 minutes ago, carlos said:

We may dislike his actions, but we don't know what was in his heart. Jesus will judge that. :)

One wonderful thing about Jesus is that he won't judge people by categories, but individually, on a one to one basis. He will treat every person as unique and special, evaluating the person's circumstances and showing mercy whenever possible.

It seems that even Solomon, who became apostate, will be resurrected, so that means that Jehovah saw something good in his heart despite his deeds.

Isn't it great to have such a wonderful counselor as judge?

It has always been my understanding that all unrepentant clergy class were grouped together as being condemned by Jesus when on earth unless there has been a change in that..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Class and individuals are two different things...

Judgement and vengeance belongs entirely with Jehovah and his Son...whether class or individual. 

The danger is we may get some personal satisfaction from condemning someone to a certain judgement... but that is not our privilege or obligation to take...

Jehovah is very plain .. leave it “all” to him, our brain, heart and spirituality can not take it without negative consequences...

If it was left to me Manasseh would get more than a little of what he handed out.... glad I have been given no responsibility in anyway for that decision... :)

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Even his thoughts on death were in conflict with what the Bible teaches. I just saw a news story where he had previously stated: Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.

His way of preaching, although noble, still was based on false teachings from Christendom and Babylon the Great. 

I woulda like to talk to the the guy too...read his newspaper column a time or two, but he was a staunch teacher of hellfire and the Trinity, and never exalted God’s name. 

Edited by leoperales

24 minutes ago, Dove said:

It has always been my understanding that all unrepentant clergy class were grouped together as being condemned by Jesus when on earth unless there has been a change in that..

Unrepentant implies that one had a valid opportunity to repent. Since none of us know the complete extent of Mr. Graham's circumstances, it is impossible for any of us to know if that opportunity was ever presented to him.

2 hours ago, carlos said:

We may dislike his actions, but we don't know what was in his heart. Jesus will judge that. :)

One wonderful thing about Jesus is that he won't judge people by categories, but individually, on a one to one basis. He will treat every person as unique and special, evaluating the person's circumstances and showing mercy whenever possible.

It seems that even Solomon, who became apostate, will be resurrected, so that means that Jehovah saw something good in his heart despite his deeds.

Isn't it great to have such a wonderful counselor as judge?

I wish there was a love icon to click on because I love your comment. 

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

1 hour ago, Dove said:

When does that judgement take place?  Fall of Babylon?  At Armageddon?

Just wondering.  I would say it is during the fall of Babylon and end at Armageddon.

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah." 

Tyre, Sidon, Solomon, Sodom resurrected...?

I leave it all to the Judge!

While we may speculate, I recall a talk where 3 questions will be answered during the resurrection...

1. Oh? So & so made it? (Thought so!)

2. Oh? So & so didn't make it? (Hmm)

3. OH? SO & SO made it? (Didn't see that coming!)

The Rock will be right, regardless of what we might speculate. IMO, our job is to get there to find out!!!

Older

{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

37 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

Don't forget #4.

4. Oh? I made it?  Hahaha 

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah." 

Clergy class: Have greater and heavier responsibility to teach the truth.

This is talking about brothers, although there is a good principle there.

As to those who have the privilege of teaching God’s Word in the congregations today, Malachi 2:7 should serve as a caution. It says that their lips “should keep knowledge, and the law is what people should seek” from their mouths. Heavy responsibility comes upon such teachers, for James 3:1 indicates that they “shall receive heavier judgment.” W02 5/1

Let's wait and see.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

9 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

I recall a talk where 3 questions will be answered during the resurrection...

Makes me think of Hitler. He was a foul person to be sure and most assume he inhered everlasting death, and most likely. But part of me also wonders if he would be forgiven if we was perhaps mentally deranged. That if he was truly insane, mentally sick, if God would account his actions as "his own". 

Now that would be a shock of a resurrection I'm sure. But most psychotherapists seem to think he was fully capable and responsible for his actions. 

Makes me think of Hitler. He was a foul person to be sure and most assume he inhered everlasting death, and most likely. But part of me also wonders if he would be forgiven if we was perhaps mentally deranged. That if he was truly insane, mentally sick, if God would account his actions as "his own". 

Now that would be a shock of a resurrection I'm sure. But most psychotherapists seem to think he was fully capable and responsible for his actions. 

He wasn’t kind to us, as much as he understood of who we were, but is that reason enough not to gain a resurrection?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”