JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEW - 2018 Regional Convention Program

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2192 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I know I will definitely cry a lot during this convention. Courage is not an easy topic, especially since it is a quality required to cope with negative things: fear, persecution etc. I am sure the examples of how brothers in all 6 continents show courage will leave me with red eyes. I am looking forward to this convention!

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

Wow.. I just went through the program ... (Sunday :scared:)

Jehovah is definitely preparing us to face GT

Definitely my first thought. Hope there is a nice convention thread and lots of people here with early conventions to contribute! Otherwise I have to wait all the way until August. :D

What a program! We must be close to the end! very specific talks that deal with each stage through to Armageddon and beyond. The brothers want us to ‘remember’ and be taught by this series of conventions that will aid us through this very time period.

(Inserting opinion next) If it (GT) were still many many years away we likely may have forgotten the teaching, talks, videos that the brothers want us to recall and benefit from. Can we remember any of the teaching points from the district convention 10years ago? But a great self developmental convention for acquiring courage. 

Wow, this looks so good :) 

SYMPOSIUM: Learn Courage From Creation

Will we at last get a new 'Was it Designed' video? :) 

I'm especially looking forward to:

• FEATURE FILM
  • Be a courageous ... Pioneer (1 Kings 17:6-8, 12, 16)
  • Unwholesome Recreation Versus Field Ministry (Psalm 27:4)
  • Worldly Wisdom Versus Personal Study (Psalm 27:11)
  • Courageous Soldiers of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:4, 5; Ephesians 6:12-18; 2 Timothy 2:3, 4)
  • Future Events that will Require courage ... The Proclamation of the Hailstone Message

<3 

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, ROCCOEXPRESS said:

What a program! We must be close to the end! very specific talks that deal with each stage through to Armageddon and beyond. The brothers want us to ‘remember’ and be taught by this series of conventions that will aid us through this very time period.

(Inserting opinion next) If it (GT) were still many many years away we likely may have forgotten the teaching, talks, videos that the brothers want us to recall and benefit from. Can we remember any of the teaching points from the district convention 10years ago? But a great self developmental convention for acquiring courage. 

Good points! Sharing same sentiments.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 hours ago, ROCCOEXPRESS said:

This is exactly what Brother Loesch said at the convention in Germany......that we will remember all those 

videos when the end comes......that the videos are still fresh in our mind........we must be close!!!

I have a feeling that this is gonna be the best convention yet! The Sunday symposiums had me like :eek: I was surprised that they included the final test for one of the symposiums. Ours is July 6-8. I can’t wait! :eat:

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Talking about Sunday.

I am just curious ... why they (FDS) decided to feature movie about Jonah (mercy -mentioned) right after "heavy" program.

Crazy thought is "walking" between my ears ... what if ?

Is it possible that Jehovah will extend mercy to greater number then we expect?

Like I said ... just a thought!

Let's wait and see.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)