JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEW - 2018 Regional Convention Program

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2194 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The Sunday talks about courage have me thinking about Matthew 24:45 where Jesus said that the faithful and discreet slave would give the domestics “their food at the proper time.” We will be hearing these talks soon for a reason. The reason being, that the end of this system of things is near at hand :D

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Besides the closing song, did you notice what else is missing from this years program?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Besides the closing song, did you notice what else is missing from this years program?

What’s that, mr turtle :)

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

1 minute ago, Gregexplore said:

That's not funny... ...  :deadhorse:LOL

Keep looking....:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

Keep looking....:eek:

Ok ..game on!

If I roll dice and get six ..you're a telling us!

Yep...got six...

Trying again ...six again!

Another six ....and another six ...

Well clear win ...you're telling us  LOL :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, Gregexplore said:

Ok ..game on!

If I roll dice and get six ..you're a telling us!

Yep...got six...

Trying again ...six again!

Another six ....and another six ...

Well clear win ...you're telling us  LOL :lol1:

Hint:

It's not on Friday, Saturday or Sunday..

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Hint:

It's not on Friday, Saturday or Sunday..

It better not be a joke lol

Just now, Brother Jack said:

No joke. We had it at last years convention but not this year. It's no longer on the program...

I was thinking maybe announcements but nope they are still there :lol: No drama!!!!!?!?!?!!?!? I see a movie but no live action drama?!!?

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Just now, cricket246 said:

I was thinking maybe announcements but nope they are still there :lol:

...all of them?????:whistling:

SPECIAL MEETINGS

BETHEL SERVICE Baptized publishers 35 years of age and under who are interested in serving at Bethel should plan to attend the meeting for Bethel applicants on Friday afternoon. The exact location and time for this meeting will be announced.

SCHOOL FOR KINGDOM EVANGELIZERS Pioneers between the ages of 23 and 65 who are interested in expanding their ministry are invited to attend the meeting for applicants to the School for Kingdom Evangelizers on Sunday afternoon. The exact location and time for this meeting will be announced.

SPECIAL MEETING

SCHOOL FOR KINGDOM EVANGELIZERS Pioneers between the ages of 23 and 65 who are interested in expanding their ministry are invited to attend the meeting for applicants to the School for Kingdom Evangelizers on Sunday afternoon. The exact location and time for this meeting will be announced.

4 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

Hmmm... I wonder why the Bethel meeting is gone :confused:

I also just recently noticed the Gilead meeting was replaced by the SKE meeting..

What year did that happen?

Edited by Tortuga

18 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Nope, it's true...

The 'S' at the end of 'Special Meetings' is gone.. :eek:

10 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I also just recently noticed the Gilead meeting was replaced by the SKE meeting..

What year did that happen?

In 2012, the meeting for Gilead was discontinued and replaced by the meeting for applicants of the Bible School for Christian Couples (BSCC) because the focus of Gilead School changed. Since then, only those already in some form of special full-time service have been invited to Gilead. 

Then in 2014 the BSCC meeting was replaced by the meeting for School for Kingdom Evangelizers applicants.

4 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Dramatic Bible Reading.

As a side note, these used to be called ‘sound dramas’ on our convention program. In 2016, it changed to ‘dramatic Bible reading.’

Also, have you noticed for the past couple of years, we have not had the “keynote address”?

Edited by jscotchie

27 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

Also, have you noticed for the past couple of years, we have not had the “keynote address”?

Nope, I missed that one too...