JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bag It- How plastic are you?

Life4u

http://www.bagitmovie.com/

I happened across this movie under documentaries on a channel on Roku.

Who of you have seen it? 

It brought out how we shouldn't buy a lot of stuff and to keep our life simple.  Now where have I heard that before? Oh yes, from the Bible! 

However, they were talking about not having so much plastic in our lives by what we buy, because of it all ends up in water ways, which ends up in animals, which may end up in us.  In turn affecting our health, growth of babies, hormones, which is a big possibility that males want to be females and females want to be males. Our behavior, learning, and so much more are threatened because of chemicals in plastic or made of it.

Wow! Got me thinking about cutting back on plastics, but mostly everything has plastic on it or comes in it. I think its going to take the Kingdom to do away with it just as everything else that's wrong with the world and us.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

We can try our best not to overindulge in plastic materials, I suppose. And really try to reuse packaging. Going to the market or store to buy food? Bring your own bags. Some stores have done away with packaging and want you to bring your own reusable containers.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

We recycle as much as possible. One of my pet hates is plastic straws. The world should be forced to see the thing pulled out of the nose of a turtle. Those things make no sense. If you must use a straw, use paper ones! 

And, when we do get that six pack with that awful plastic, it is not recyclable. I cut it so, if it does end up in some garbage pile, no creatures will end up suffering because of it. 

We can devote our live to causes. For me, balance, and I have only one cause. And that is, yes, taking care of the earth as much as possible is a part of it.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

We recycle as much as possible. One of my pet hates is plastic straws. The world should be forced to see the thing pulled out of the nose of a turtle. Those things make no sense. If you must use a straw, use paper ones! 
And, when we do get that six pack with that awful plastic, it is not recyclable. I cut it so, if it does end up in some garbage pile, no creatures will end up suffering because of it. 
We can devote our live to causes. For me, balance, and I have only one cause. And that is, yes, taking care of the earth as much as possible is a part of it.

True, plastic straws are an unnecessary menace. I was at a restaurant where they used bamboo straws. However, at home I’ve got stainless steel straws.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”