JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Skit Ideas

Nzer133

Not sure if you're looking for humour or teachability, but many years ago I saw a skit of two brothers going over the "reasoning with the sisters" book. It was hilarious!  

CURRENT EVENTS

Good evening. My name is ---- ----. I'm a brother from (name of congregation). Did you see the TV news last night? That report on (mention some current item of concern, but don't talk about cars or sports) was very interesting. What did you think about it?

It is not unusual for sisters to be concerned about these issues, but I believe that we are living in a time when we should be getting to know each other better. (Ask her to go out witnessing.)

LOVE/KINDNESS

I have found that many sisters are quite concerned about the lack of available brothers in the surrounding congregations. Do you feel that way, too? Why do you think this is the trend? . . . Did you know that I am personally interested in you? (Explain why.)

WHEN SISTERS SAY: "I'M BUSY"

Hi, my name is ---- ----. I want to discuss with you how we can get 
to know each other better. I can see that you are busy (or about to go home). May we get together for lunch on Saturday after field service and discuss it further?

* * * How You Might Respond To Potential Conversation Stoppers * * *

"I'M NOT INTERESTED"

May I ask, do you mean that you are not interested in me or is it brothers in general who don't interest you? I ask that because I have met many sisters who at one time were interested in brothers, but aren't anymore because they think brothers are hypocritical (or chauvinistic, arrogant idiots, not spiritual enough, etc.). I don't approve of such attitudes myself, and if you get to know me, I believe we could both look to the future with confidence.

OR If you mean that you're not interested in having another boyfriend, I can understand that. But more likely you are interested in your future. Can you see any prospect for a relationship in the future?

OR Is that because you already have a boyfriend? . . . Tell me, do you think you will ever see a time when it will work out? . . . What seems to stand in the way?

"I'M NOT INTERESTED IN YOU"

Many sisters tell me that. Have you ever wondered why brothers like myself keep trying, even though sisters generally may not be interested?

OR I can appreciate that, because I used to feel the same way about a sister. But, just to be fair, I decided to listen to her. And I found out that I hadn't been told the truth about her. Now we are good friends.

OTHER TIPS

Keeping good records is the key to following up and developing a study of each other in the future.

Never ask if she got a chance to read the letters you sent her; instead, ask if she had any questions.

Always mention that she could make a voluntary donation of time spent with you.

Be sure to make definite arrangements to get together again . . . naming the date and time.

And remember, give HER the chance to accept or refuse . . . we cannot prejudge.

Finally, if she refuses, it is not you who is being rejected; rather, it is your message of commitment.

COMING SOON

Insight On The Sisters . . . already seven volumes, and continuing to grow.

"Sisters - What happens to us when they cry?" 
"Knowledge that Leads to an Everlasting Wife" 
"Questions Old People Ask, Answers They Forget" 
"Your Youths - Getting the most out of them"

• 3 months later...

I wish I still had the skits I wrote for family worship once, that was about 2Corinthians 13 and showing love. It was different scenarios where love wasn't shown, but sometimes in funny ways.
Like you had two sisters waiting for another sister on a call, starting to get really fussy. Or an example of someone being very braggy and cutting others off, stuff like that. I might write some more.
We had a get together when our CO left our circuit and there were skits based on what's going to happen in the paradise, and it had different sections about the old being young again, about the blind being able to see, and the resurrection and it was all done in a comical way. I can't think of any specific examples of how it was funny tho. I should have filmed it, but I had a low battery then. One of the funnier parts was the husband of the sister who wrote it, is bald, and the sister was talking to John the Baptizer who kept trying to convince her to try locusts and honey and she was saying how her husband's face was always in the mirror, and he comes out with this wig full of black hair. It was really cute.

I don't think I could write anything that funny. I considered writing a musical where the jw original songs play a part in the plot, tho, since a lot of the songs tell a story and are so relatable.