JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who loves Nutella?

Who loves Nutella?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite spread? For toast, for example?

• Nutella
    • Peanut butter
    • Butter or Ghee
    • Cream cheese
    • Plain
    • Other
    • Fasting

When it first became available here, I did become addicted to Nutella. It does immediately taste better than anything else, and it hijacks your brain to create that chemical cocktail of feel good hormones. I would do everything possible to scrape every last bit out of the jar, I would eat it straight on it's own like candy. Then came the sugar addiction withdrawal...

My favorite would have to be Ghee now. It's pretty mild and can go with anything from roots to veggies to meat. You can even fry with it. Body and brain fuel like sun in a bottle.

• 3 months later...

Butter is the first thing I spread on anything I'd put a spread on.   But whether its good for you or bad for you, I do like Nutella.  If it tastes like chocolate I'll probably love it lol.   I've had it slightly warmed and drizzled on a waffle which I thought was amazing.

On 7/1/2018 at 2:57 PM, Jeff said:

Butter is the first thing I spread on anything I'd put a spread on.   But whether its good for you or bad for you, I do like Nutella.  If it tastes like chocolate I'll probably love it lol.   I've had it slightly warmed and drizzled on a waffle which I thought was amazing.

Im with Jeff. Its butter as first choice for me especially at supper time, (with a cup of tea). If its breakfast its got to be toast with jam or marmalade (and a cup of tea). Do you see a theme here? Lol.

I love the IDEA of Nutella but cant justify slathering all that sugar on my toast😳

However, here in Spain pastries are popular and a chocolate neopolitana is the bees knees. Kinda puff pastry filled with choccy spread. Mmmmm :raspberry:

1 hour ago, CCCG said:

Guess what I'm having for breakfast ......

Hmmm, maybe a bowl of muesli followed by a stack of bacon sandwiched between two thick chunks of fresh white crusty bread, slathered in HP brown sauce??

:eat:......No....

Ok, maybe you had NUTELLA (:P)

46 minutes ago, Myew said:

@anniebea I hope you don't mind my curiosity, but may I ask why not?

http://www.saynotopalmoil.com/Whats_the_issue.php

Harvesting palm oil causes deforestation,  cruelty to animals... and has a huge carcinogen question over it. 

It's possible to find chocolate spread with out it,  but it's actually in a huge range of products. 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I knew there were some ethical issues around it, but I wasn't sure of all the implications and just like to get different people's viewpoints to help me know how I ought to feel. Thankfully I don't use any of that stuff anymore, though I'm sure acquiring any kind of fat has some sustainability issues in today's world. I've only tried a 'free trade' red palm kernel oil once, it seemed fine for how I used it. Kind of similar texture to ghee but closer to coconut in flavor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do love Nutella as I love anything with nuts really.

The sugar is a bit high I agree, so is the palm oil. But there are recipes to make it yourself.

In any case, I usually don't eat an entire jar at once so I am not losing sleep over it. I actually prefer savoury breakfasts but do love the occasional Nutella toast - with butter as a base 😂😝 

Here is a recipe for a "healthier" version:

https://minimalistbaker.com/4-ingredient-nutella-vegan-gf/

Edited by thegreenjudy