JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Stay" by E.K. Jonathan

Just a kindly reminder from EK Jonathan's blog: :)

After reading the book, consider leaving the book a review if at all possible. It doesn't have to be lengthy (a sentence or two is fine), but reviews are important because they help potential readers determine whether or not a certain book is something they'd be interested in. With theocratic fiction, a lot of first-time readers spend a good bit of time on the fence, but seeing positive reviews from other Witnesses can help them come to a decision.  For those who've already written reviews, thanks so much, and I hope you enjoy [STAY]!

15 hours ago, Margaret said:

I have all his others on iBooks. How can i get “STAY” to go in there too?

Refresh my memory please as to the order of Happening not order written

Before and during the Great Tribulation and Armageddon= Critical Times/Flee/Stay

After Armageddon= All Things New

After all of the Righteous have been ressurecting in Paradise= The Unrighteous

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

16 hours ago, Margaret said:

I have all his others on iBooks. How can i get “STAY” to go in there too?

Refresh my memory please as to the order of Happening not order written

Before and during the Great Tribulation and Armageddon= Critical Times/Flee/Stay

After all of the Righteous have been ressurected in Paradise= The Unrighteous

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I went to track my order and found out it hasn't even been shipped out yet::(

Screenshot_2018-04-24-15-45-51.thumb.jpg.ac5a5edd697295037a1042b6e203ed94.jpg

Huh?  I placed the order as soon as Amazon posted it for sale.:huh:

It had a release date it wasn't pre-ordered.

And it had to be in stock or it wouldn't have been put up for sale.:uhhuh:

Anyone else get this message?

50 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Sister Ross, Are you saying the above is the best order in which  to read his books?   I just got started reading his books and have just finished 'All Things New'....so would like to read in order of happenings also and not order of written/release.  Thanks a bunch.  

47 minutes ago, Good-O said:

Sister Ross, Are you saying the above is the best order in which  to read his books?   I just got started reading his books and have just finished 'All Things New'....so would like to read in order of happenings also and not order of written/release.  Thanks a bunch.  

You are most welcome.

That is the order in which events happened.  Wouldn't matter if you read Critical Times before or after Flee/Stay, because they all occur at the same time, before, during and after the Great Tribulation and Armageddon.

These books are enjoyable no matter what order you read them in.^_^

4 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I've been trying to figure out the best order to read these in for ages - thank you!!

Not to mention the books by Bill Underwood and Thomas Walker!!! :D 

Edited by Hope

2 hours ago, Dages said:

Only Flee and Stay follow the same storyline.

All Things New, Unrighteous and Critical times are all separate books with different characters

I think it's a trilogy and also a sequel to the book. It must follow a particular and definite pattern. Certainly, it should be continuous story. 

"Whoa! I didn't see that coming!

Oh man! Nooo...you foolish person!  

Oh please! Save the drama for your mama!

Hmpff!..Well, you're going to get just what you deserve!

Grrr! Some people just make me so siiiick!

Listen! Obey! and be blessed!"

Excuse me all, I'm just so engrossed in this 2nd installment. :D

I finished it too. Lots of drama and an exciting read! I can't wait to read the final installment. It's interesting to see this brother's ideas of how the GT will play out. I look forward to seeing how close this comes to reality.

And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

I just finished reading STAY also. Excellent reading, but how can the author possibly top this one?!  Indeed, this 2nd installment is dramatic in every sense of the word! 

Nevertheless, this reading only solidifies my decision to stay put in Jehovah's organization--the best one on Earth!

Just received my copies today.  They were sent UPS to a US Post Office address,

which is why they were delayed.  Previously, Amazon always sent my orders to my P.O. Box.

Guess I will have to change my account preferred address to our farm's physical addy.

Then Amazon will probably use the US mail.:uhhuh:

2 hours ago, anniebea said:

Although I enjoyed it, I did feel that there was a certain amount of violence in this book. 

I appreciate your point Sister Annie, but think about the setting of the novel -- it's the Great Tribulation -- a time of increased violence, wickedness and great distress!  With this backdrop, Jehovah's people may hear or witness things of great horror and of a frightening nature.  And during that time, our very lives will profoundly depend on our obedience to Jehovah and direction from the FDS.  Meanwhile, people of the nations will become, "faint out of fear" -- the very thing that Jesus described at Luke 21:26.  So,  these "scenarios of concern" described in this novel are pertinent for that time period, IMO.

Now, I'm starting to wonder if EK Jonathan's 3rd installment will be completed before then..lol!

Edited by Omoyeme

3 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

I appreciate your point Sister Annie, but think about the setting of the novel -- it's the Great Tribulation -- a time of increased violence, wickedness and great distress!  With this backdrop, Jehovah's people may hear or witness things of great horror and of a frightening nature.  And during that time, our very lives will profoundly depend on our obedience to Jehovah and direction from the FDS.  Meanwhile, people of the nations will become, "faint out of fear" -- the very thing that Jesus described at Luke 21:26.  So,  these "scenarios of concern" described in this novel are pertinent for that time period, IMO.

Now, I'm starting to wonder if EK Jonathan's 3rd installment will be completed before then..lol!

I just felt the description of people getting shot was a bit unnecessary,  I agree we see violence all around and no doubt we will see a lot more during the great tribulation. Have you finished the book? 

I'm also thinking that the third and final book may not get published! 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Spoiler alert!!!

Do not look at this if you haven't read "Stay", yet.

Spoiler

Sad to say, I just couldn't get into this sequel to "Flee", the way I did with Critical Times, All Things New and The Unrighteous.:(

I enjoyed "Flee", to a degree.^_^

As for the events in "Stay" ?  I personally wouldn't sell Jehovah's saving arm so short.

I think Jehovah is capable of protecting his people without all 8 million +  (not to mention all the  invitees)

having to sail around on supertankers and oil rigs all the way to Namibia.:wacko:

That part really blows my mind.

5aebc905314be_BlowsMyMind.gif.19969c2768e5a7474b2cb00d36072160.gif

Also, seems like more attention is given to the 'bad guys' in this book.  :unsure:

I realize the author wants to depict the deplorable conditions of the Great Tribulation,

but I just couldn't stomach reading about all the evil. 5aebc9688a04c_Ralphuparubberchicken.gif.63ff5f2c9468fd66d670bb9616833dd8.gif

And the part about the hit man being mistaken for an angel?:wacko:

Nope. 5aebc98e38881_Nogrinning.gif.5011f62c06b5f836f5f467635c1f9c0b.gif Ain't able to buy this one...even though I did buy this one. ^_^

Here's hoping the final part will be easier for me to swallow.  

If the author gets a chance to finish it, that is.:D

Also, I wish there was an explanation as to how the couple that stayed behind to pursue their lawsuit

were able to buy gas when there was no power to operate the gas pumps.5aebc9fb0625d_Thinking1.gif.d5d382cc34e253ce4499633b33556712.gif

I was picturing this long garden hose dangling down into the underground tanks and that poor

brother trying to siphon  it up into his car.ralf.gif.108f589e0f4551c7d6b3d910bb58e2b0.gif

In fact, I don't think cars would be working after a solar flare like that one...

with, or without, gas in their tanks.  Cars have electrical systems, too.

Oh well, it is just a flight of fancy.  It doesn't have to be scientifically accurate.^_^

I really do appreciate EK Jonathan sharing his amazing imagination with us, though.5aebc9c9eb7a1_YesSmiling.gif.487a60a9b52e08e62098d64bfec0cf19.gif

5aebcb550f1d7_Thankyou4.gif.87df21db220a9eacd2e6a02881b50da8.gif

I just don't imagine things the same way he did THIS time. 5aebc98e38881_Nogrinning.gif.5011f62c06b5f836f5f467635c1f9c0b.gif

Please note that this is just my personal review of "Stay".

So take it for what it's worth: 5aebca6f10873_Twocentsworth.gif.79237e1ea96845859278a27b6409a1c6.gif 

5aebcde0e7b28_GrinBig.gif.8b25118f5de702d8298195153689a103.gif 

Thank you Rosanne for confirming my idea. I'm not going to read Stay.

3 hours ago, Margaret said:

Anyone know of other JW writers ?

Besides what we have in this section of the forum. No. But I'd love to find more.

I'm writing my own now, but it won't be translated or even sold. It's more a personal exercice to help with my meditation.

Stay was pretty short and I enjoyed it well enough, it kept me interested. Too many tragic cliffhangers can end up making me feel a bit blase however. I didn't care for the focus on the heartless rich guy <_<, but it still does make me curious what kind of resolution the author has planned. :detective: He's good with that. Critical Times is still my favorite from EK Jonathan.