JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah's Name - Modern Day Sightings

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2204 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

(Psalm 113:2) . . .May Jehovah’s name be praised

From now on and forever. . .

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Yahweh Laundromat.jpg

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

I stumbled across this tonight...

Have you ever wondered if there is any human named YAHWEH or JEHOVAH, I did.  This mother has used both names.

https://www.twincities.com/2017/10/28/ramsey-county-homeless-mn-months-in-motels-a-pricey-last-resort/

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

9 minutes ago, Loje said:

Have you ever wondered if there is any human named YAHWEH or JEHOVAH, I did.  This mother has used both names.

Interesting. I've seen people named Yahweh before, but never Jehovah (although, we're talking the same name, of course)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

2 hours ago, njwinans said:

On "Late Night with Stephen Cobert", he has a segment where he talks to God, often referred to as Jehovah.  SMH.  Hahaha 

I've never seen this. But I don't watch him usually anyway.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

7 hours ago, Loje said:

I stumbled across this tonight...

https://www.twincities.com/2017/10/28/ramsey-county-homeless-mn-months-in-motels-a-pricey-last-resort/

Hmm there are many names to incorporate the Divnine Name, Elijah, Jesus/Joshua...  I don't think a human should actually be called JEHOVAH/YAHWEH though... I'm sure the mother did so in good faith but there is only one JEHOVAH.

Many years ago I worked with a man named Jehovah -

His last name was Godbolt ....

I found it hard to call him by his name, especially since he used "bad" language and smoked marijuana 

His mother had taken all her children's names from the Bible - his older brother, who also worked for the same company, was named Northern - after the Norther Ten Tribes .... I forget what his sister's name was ... she was named after a river in the Bible

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)