JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Western Victoria Bushfires

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2222 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Looks like a very bad bushfire has flared up in Western Victoria.  Houses are lost and many properties have been impacted.  

Locations that may be affected include Warrnambool, Ballarat, Geelong, Melbourne, Traralgon, Moe, Bairnsdale, Mt Buller and Mt Hotham.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-18/victoria-bushfire-evacuation-alert/9560098

Stay safe brothers and sisters!

5aada3e7204f5_Vicfires.jpg.e282128fa6c0087a46aa2b5eaa84d82b.jpg

3 hours ago, 4th Generation said:

I have friends there who have evacuated. One has lost his house. 

Oh dear! It's such a big area affected, I knew our brothers would have to be affected.  What area was your friend?

27 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

I had to cancel  travel today to Warrnambool from Grampians (Halls Gap)

Shame :(  That's such a lovely part of Vic to visit.  I just never get to go out of Melbourne when I head that way.  You ok?

2 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Shame :(  That's such a lovely part of Vic to visit.  I just never get to go out of Melbourne when I head that way.  You ok?

I am ok ..but did not sleep all night due to heavy winds in Grampians (storm)

The weather is still weird, when I traveled back  I made sure to avoid any bush-fire areas

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Just now, hatcheckgirl said:

I'm just trying to get my head around how big the area is.  Those winds will whip it up and send it far and wide.  Hate that about summer, bushfires.

I saw one house flattened by the wind (not in person - news)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 18/03/2018 at 6:05 PM, Stormswift said:

Glad you are okay Greg and Mrs Greg. I hope they die down quick. 

Exactly. ..

I remember last year and how bad it got.. we will be praying for our Spiritual family. ...:praying:

Edited by Stormswift

Typo repair with permission from Tim.

I should add that NSW also suffered a very destructive bushfire over the weekend too.  A bushfire in Tathra, near the southern coast town of Bega was badly affected - 69 homes at least lost.

No one so far has died from either state, thank goodness.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-19/nsw-bushfire-eases-at-tathra-firefighters-count-homes-lost/9561734

(the worst cyclone to hit Darwin in 30 years also happened - that's for another thread - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-19/tropical-cyclone-marcus-clean-up-continues/9561930).  Been a bad weekend.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)