JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Romanian Court Rejects Man’s Claim That He’s Alive

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2219 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

BUCHAREST, Romania — A Romanian court has rejected a man’s claim that he is alive after his wife officially registered him as dead, saying that the decision cannot be reversed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/world/europe/romania-dead-man.html

I'm not quite sure how I should react to this.  It would be funny if it wasn't so sad that he is now an ex-human with no income, no home and no job and no prospect of getting one. On the other hand, he brought it on himself by not bothering to contact his family for all those years and overstaying his visa. "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first practice to deceive" (Walter Scott - Marmion).  I wonder if his wife wanted to remarry and that is why she registered him as dead after all those years.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Being pronounced dead in the eyes of the law is a major issue for those living it and repealing it can be extremely difficult. It means you can no longer access your bank account, your employment ceases, you can’t own property, your will might be executed, you cannot get a credit card, nor sign contracts, etc.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

You don't have to pay taxes... Nope....The courts will then have you quickly  resurrected.. It is all about motivation :)

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

I wonder what they would do if he committed a crime and was arrested, how do you book a dead man?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D