JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

3 Injured in Another School Shooting

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2200 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/education/k-12/bs-md-st-marys-shooting-20180320-story.html

Three injured in shooting at St. Mary's County high school in Maryland

Three people were injured in a shooting at Great Mills High School in Southern Maryland on Tuesday morning, according to a county spokesman.

No fatalities have been confirmed in the shooting at the school at 21130 Great Mills Road, which happened just before 8 a.m., county spokesman Tony Jones said from the emergency operations center. Two of the victims are students, Jones said. None of the victims’ conditions were released.

The St. Mary’s County school is on lockdown and students are being evacuated, Jones said. It’s unclear where in the school the shooting happened.

By 10 a.m., students were being evacuated from Great Mills. “The building is orderly and the Sheriff’s Office is conducting an investigation,” St. Mary's County Public Schools said on Twitter.

Parents are being asked to meet their children at a reunification site at Forrest Career Technnical Center in Leonardtown. Details about any injuries or the person who fired shots was not immediately available.

“There has been an incident at Great Mills High School,” the department tweeted. “Parents please DO NOT respond to the school.”Th

So so sad. :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

So kids at 17 years of age can get hands on guns :confused:

Officials identified the alleged shooter as Great Mills student Austin Wyatt Rollins, 17.

Unless firearms are locked in a gun safe, kids of ANY age can get their hands on a gun.  :( 

Even then, the key's location/safe's  combination can't be general knowledge.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

:offtopic: Like where did the 9 year brother find the gun to kill his sister because she wouldn’t give him the video game. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”