JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

George Aljian: Coping With the Plague of Your Heart

That talk was incredible. Really good points made about self worth and about being peaceable. I liked how he brought out that Paul didn’t keep his confrontation with Peter private. Peter could’ve held a grudge against Paul for writing about it but he gained the proper point of view.

I found it interesting when he mentioned that feelings of worthlessness are really Satan’s projections of his situation. He can’t benefit from the ransom, he has no prospect of everlasting life, he can never enjoy Jehovah’s friendship and love. He wants us to feel the same way as him. That was powerful. Never thought about it that way before. 

I’ve heard talks from Brother Aljian before and his way of explaining of things is simple and reaches the heart. I heard him at a CA once and you could hear a pin drop in that auditorium. Everyone was really glued to the talk. His way of speaking reminds me of a local brother who gives talks in a similar manner and his brother does as well. Their speaking styles are very similar and enjoyable.

1 hour ago, MM9106 said:

I found it interesting when he mentioned that feelings of worthlessness are really Satan’s projections of his situation. He can’t benefit from the ransom, he has no prospect of everlasting life, he can never enjoy Jehovah’s friendship and love. He wants us to feel the same way as him. That was powerful. Never thought about it that way before. 

This bit struck me too.  But so many good points, so many to contemplate seriously, and just in the nick of time.  We need our emotions sorted out now as best as we can to face the trials that will be coming soon...before true relief.

3 hours ago, MM9106 said:

His way of speaking reminds me of a local brother who gives talks in a similar manner and his brother does as well. Their speaking styles are very similar and enjoyable.

I thought the last part of his talk sounded a lot like David Ianelli, the style, material and tone of the talk were very similar. It's a great talk.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I need to watch this one again. It will be a fight against these feelings, cause you're not doing it in purpose. At this moment we're having a fight against exactly these things. I got a extreme shortage of vitamin d, that causes a lot of issues. Feeling extreme tired, depressions, constant pain in body and muscles etc. At this moment I get supplements and it's getting better. 

But I know how depressions feel, you feel like you're worthless and no one likes you. If anyone forget to say anything to you at a meeting could  even result in thinking that person got something against you. You don't know where these emotions come from and got no grip on it. 

Now my wife also seems to have a vitamin d shortage. Her symptoms are that she's almost near a nervous breakdown and a constant feeling as if she's dying. 

In a very short time we seems to get this shortage and all these implications as an effect. Besides of that we've had 16 rough years and been through a lot of stress and pain that didn't help our situation. Now again we have to struggle through this again. And I literally feel that Satan is trying to tear our family apart. These readings tries to help us to focus on the important things again. So I really will watch this one over again.

But besides of that I really hope Jehovah will start soon, cause the energy flows away and it's getting pretty hard to hold on. I get mentally tired of this world, and hope the GT starts soon. This will certainly give me some adrenaline and energy to take these last steps to the finish. 

Edited by skipdaflip

I need to watch this one again. It will be a fight against these feelings, cause you're not doing it in purpose. At this moment we're having a fight against exactly these things. I got a extreme shortage of vitamin d, that causes a lot of issues. Feeling extreme tired, depressions, constant pain in body and muscles etc. At this moment I get supplements and it's getting better. 
But I know how depressions feel, you feel like you're worthless and no one likes you. If anyone forget to say anything to you at a meeting could  even result in thinking that person got something against you. You don't know where these emotions come from and got no grip on it. 

Now my wife also seems to have a vitamin d shortage. Her symptoms are that she's almost near a nervous breakdown and a constant feeling as if she's dying. 

In a very short time we seems to get this shortage and all these implications as an effect. Besides of that we've had 16 rough years and been through a lot of stress and pain that didn't help our situation. Now again we have to struggle through this again. And I literally feel that Satan is trying to tear our family apart. These readings tries to help us to focus on the important things again. So I really will watch this one over again.

But besides of that I really hope Jehovah will start soon, cause the energy flows away and it's getting pretty hard to hold on. I get mentally tired of this world, and hope the GT starts soon. This will certainly give me some adrenaline and energy to take these last steps to the finish. 
Only by Jehovah's spirit can we even survive a day in this system. Everyone has a unique circumstance especially in Jehovah's eyes. Personally, he is helping me to be as empathetic and understanding as possible living with a mate with health challenges of all sorts physical, emotional, and mental. So we endure only in Jehovah's strength. BTW, listen closely to Brother Herd's Annual Meeting talk... Now these are my words... The Great Tribulation will be a blessing for Jah's servants that are serving him the best they possibly can. So don't give up, stay the course! Rejoice in the hope and based on your expression eagerly look forward to the Great Tribulation because I am, too! Have an awesome day!
Your Bro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Negative thoughts can be a real problem for me. Low self-esteem and lack of confidence are also a hindrance. And fighting Satan can be real hard during these times. 

This Talk is something I’ll need to hold on to.....it’s in my Favorites. I think I’ll be listening to it a lot. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

This video was very reminiscent of Edward Alijan's talk: Have No Anxiety, which is my favorite. So nice to have this on JW.org for all to see. That talk was when I started using a scriptural shotgun method of Bible truths that disprove and help reorient my insane thoughts.

These talks did the rounds for a long time but I have no idea how talks from our Bethel brothers reached Ozzie shores. I have a number of talks on CD from way back when including Eddie Aljian's 'Have No Anxiety' and even some on cassette which I have converted to MP3's.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

These talks did the rounds for a long time but I have no idea how talks from our Bethel brothers reached Ozzie shores. I have a number of talks on CD from way back when including Eddie Aljian's 'Have No Anxiety' and even some on cassette which I have converted to MP3's.

This is odd. They were intended for the bethel family only. I spoke to brother Herd about this once a few years ago, and he just sighed about it.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

This is odd. They were intended for the bethel family only. I spoke to brother Herd about this once a few years ago, and he just sighed about it.

What 'they' are you talking about? How do you know that this particular talk was for Bethel brothers only?  Were you in Bethel at the time this talk was given? Why would a talk on anxiety be for Bethel brothers .... weren't we all allowed to benefit from uplifting and encouraging talks by spiritually qualified brothers if someone gave them to us before the current technology existed.

And if only Bethelites are allowed to hear them, how come one of them has been dragged out of the archives, updated and is publicly available on JW.org now for the whole world to listen to, if it wants. :)

Edited by GeordieGirl

@Tbs77 @Thesauron @GeordieGirl - The conversation about recorded copies on a CD is off-topic. Posts in this thread should be appreciative comments and highlights George Aijan's talk on tv.JW.org. Let's remember that the KM article that discourages the broad circulation of recorded talks didn't come out until April 2010, and these talks were given years before this.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

[mention=6597]Tbs77[/mention] [mention=7786]Thesauron[/mention] [mention=7707]GeordieGirl[/mention] - The conversation about recorded copies on a CD is off-topic. Posts in this thread should be appreciative comments and highlights George Aijan's talk on tv.JW.org. Let's remember that the KM article that discourages the broad circulation of recorded talks didn't come out until April 2010, and these talks were given years before this.
My bad.. I will try to refrain from going OT not just here but elsewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

@Tbs77 @Thesauron @GeordieGirl - The conversation about recorded copies on a CD is off-topic. Posts in this thread should be appreciative comments and highlights George Aijan's talk on tv.JW.org. Let's remember that the KM article that discourages the broad circulation of recorded talks didn't come out until April 2010, and these talks were given years before this.

I'm sorry .. I got on the bandwagon without thinking. :flowers:

Thank you friends for posting about this talk. I saw the title days ago but ignored it at the time. I almost passed it by because of my own plague, but it seemed to stay in the back of my mind that there was something that I should be  listening to on JW Broadcasting.  Maybe it's because I  seemed to be more receptive today and I'm feeling up to taking it in.  Jehovah knows what we need and when, even before we ask it. It certainly was an encouraging talk. It definitely proved me wrong that I cant seem to find anything to be encouraged by or built up by.  I'm grateful for being wrong.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

I'm so happy you liked it!  I've listened to it over four times already, myself - and recommended it to a sister I was sorta counselling last night.  She's got a lot of struggles, fairly newly reinstated, old boyfriends popping up... she doesn't feel she can take much more. I hope she listens to this talk soon and finds encouragement... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 12:30 PM, patkatt1 said:

Excellent talk.....very encouraging to hear before heading out for the day! One worth re-listening to.

Have to say, have watched this three times...finally copied down all the references he mentioned..and looked up...took notes...think I'm finally remembering this better!

Have to say, have watched this three times...finally copied down all the references he mentioned..and looked up...took notes...think I'm finally remembering this better!

This is a very good idea, to take notes while watching the JW Broadcasting videos, just like you do at the meetings or conventions.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

After watching I had to send this email (with individual edits) to several members of my congregation who I thought would particularly benefit from it :

Dear ***********,
                                     I know you won't have listened to this talk yet because if you had you would have sent it straight to me. If I could have an audio chip with this talk on it implanted in my brain so that it would play by just thinking about it  -  I would have the operation today. Jehovah, through his faithful and discreet slave never fails to amaze me, He like His Son, our precious Saviour, truly is a Good Shepherd, nursing mother in tenderness and affection, a rock and a fortress to run into and a spiritual physician for our any of our grave  heart conditions and situations.

• 2 years later...
On 3/20/2018 at 5:18 AM, mserskine said:

We just watched this talk again. What an excellent talk with so many good reminders!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D