JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum

Nice one!! Seems only hours since the last one ... we have so many spiritual events in the up coming four weeks ... we'll all be in the New System before we know it with how time is flying! Even if its some years away the time will go so fast.

Will be interesting to see what the topic is this month.

37 minutes ago, digital_dreamer said:

Hey! What happened to our beloved turtle?! Did someone steal him? :o

BTW, you’re way too early for the April edition of JWB! :raspberry:

I decided to use my real picture...

April JWB is just a week away!

Question on the timing this month. Monday in NZ is a holiday. Is it a holiday in the US and if so would it have any effect on the uploading of videos to broadcasting if there any secular people involved in the hosting company.

3 minutes ago, RichardPNZ said:

Question on the timing this month. Monday in NZ is a holiday. Is it a holiday in the US and if so would it have any effect on the uploading of videos to broadcasting if there any secular people involved in the hosting company.

I haven't seen any of the US holidays affect the monthly broadcast yet.

42 minutes ago, RichardPNZ said:

The hosting company (Akamai) doesn't have employees handling the files at all, they have completely automated systems that pull the video files from the branch servers and make them available on JW.org, so the videos are available to us as soon as the brothers hit the upload button.

6 hours ago, Stavro said:

The hosting company (Akamai) doesn't have employees handling the files at all, they have completely automated systems that pull the video files from the branch servers and make them available on JW.org, so the videos are available to us as soon as the brothers hit the upload button.

Yeah, and since we do not observe holidays and treat them like ordinary workdays (if the holiday lands on a weekday), then I don't see a reason why the upload would have an interruption.