JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

TV.JW - problem on Samsung TV

Hello everybody,

would anybody help me please? We have "smart" TV (old) and we have bought blu-ray device which has web browser. We were wathing our beautiful broadcasting for a long time. Then a problems appeared but still we managed to watch our TV. Now we are not able to play any movie - neither from TV.JW nor JW.ORG. It always stops at white circle moving around itself. The same problem has on sister from our congregation with new smart Samsung TV. Does anybody know how to fix it please? LG is not doing this problem.

Thank you very much.

I bought smart tv Samsung and wifi wouldn’t connect to my network... returned to the shop and bought Panasonic which works without glitch ... personally I stay away from Samsung TVs 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I bought smart tv Samsung and wifi wouldn’t connect to my network... returned to the shop and bought Panasonic which works without glitch ... personally I stay away from Samsung TVs 
Very helpful Greg :)

J/K

6 hours ago, Tomas said:

Now we are not able to play any movie - neither from TV.JW nor JW.ORG. It always stops at white circle moving around itself.

This is the exact problem my sister has with her Samsung TV.  Was able to watch  everything on our websites, then the slow circle of death as nothing loads.  But there is a workaround, not a solution though.

10 hours ago, Tomas said:

Hello everybody,

would anybody help me please? We have "smart" TV (old) and we have bought blu-ray device which has web browser. We were wathing our beautiful broadcasting for a long time. Then a problems appeared but still we managed to watch our TV. Now we are not able to play any movie - neither from TV.JW nor JW.ORG. It always stops at white circle moving around itself. The same problem has on sister from our congregation with new smart Samsung TV. Does anybody know how to fix it please? LG is not doing this problem.

Thank you very much.

Try this link:

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/35236-problem-with-websites-security-certificate/

I talked with a kind sister at jw.org and she said they have had numerous reports of similar problems.  They are looking into it. The workaround mentioned in the link above still works for me however now I can now set the settings in the upper settings tab to 720p.  I still have to click on 720p in the lower settings tab for each and every video to play.

JWB Settings 2.png

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

10 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Thanks Rocket for that link. Yes, same for my sister.  She has to set it every time.  But at least we have some way of watching it for now.  Hopefully they will find out what the issue is.

The issue is of no going to a JB HI and buying Panasonic LOL :lol1:

Once u figure this out you’ll be fine LOL LOL 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Well....our Samsung (smart but old one) is working and me and my wife can enjoy our beautiful broadcasting. Our sister from congregation has a brand new Samsung ue40mu6172. We have tried the same method (in any possible way switching different resolutions), but still only white circle :( Does anybody have any experience with this problem please? Thank you very much.

On 4/1/2018 at 8:59 PM, hatcheckgirl said:

This is the exact problem my sister has with her Samsung TV.  Was able to watch  everything on our websites, then the slow circle of death as nothing loads.  But there is a workaround, not a solution though.

Has anyone contacted the Branch about this?  They would appreciate the tech feedback, I'm sure. 

2 hours ago, Tomas said:

Well....our Samsung (smart but old one) is working and me and my wife can enjoy our beautiful broadcasting. Our sister from congregation has a brand new Samsung ue40mu6172. We have tried the same method (in any possible way switching different resolutions), but still only white circle :( Does anybody have any experience with this problem please? Thank you very much.

Did you unplug the TV for 30 seconds?

try different settings in the top settings (720p/480p) and save but each time AFTER the play button is click on, click on 720p in the settings at the right side of the play bar. See picture above in post #9.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On 5. 4. 2018 at 11:30 PM, rocket said:

Did you unplug the TV for 30 seconds?

try different settings in the top settings (720p/480p) and save but each time AFTER the play button is click on, click on 720p in the settings at the right side of the play bar. See picture above in post #9.

No I did not. I will tell it to our sister. We tried all combinations. I will let you know, thank you very much.