JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wine..Wine..Wine

We have quite a few favourite wines. First though if you like sweeter wine try a white zinfendel. Its sweeter and is a rose. Very nice. 

We love cab blends merlot or Sauv. Doesn't matter straight merlot but one grape that was thought extinct due to it being ruined in Europe from mold is not grown exclusively in Chili. That is the Carmenere grape. 

We like a few from California mostly reds but we went to a few wineries in the Niagara Region of Ontario and actually bought into a wine club at 13th st winery in St Catherines Ontario. They have a really awesome chardonnay that is very dry. We fell in love with it. Their Reds are incredible. We get 6 bottles delivered every 3 months to our home. Nice to have that because you can build up a small collection. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

• 4 months later...
On 5/14/2018 at 8:59 AM, hazel said:

I personally love Chilean and Australian wines. A good pinot noir is my favorite.

Australia is the eighth-largest wine-producing country in the world ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I recently recorded and watched a documentary moderated by the actor and vintner, Sam Neill. It's called Great Innovation..The Rise of Australian Wine.

It mentioned that Australia is now the 5th largest exporter of wine on earth.

They talked a lot about Penfold's and their Grange Hermitage wine.

This fact surprised me, that 98% of Australian wine is screw-capped. Shows what a change in thinking about corked wine..

It's on National Geographic if anyone is interested in looking it up...It was quite interesting.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

The local wineries in Napa are wondering what affect the smoke from the fires last year and this year will have on the grapes and if it will affect the taste of the wine. I might have to do my own research. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

The local wineries in Napa are wondering what affect the smoke from the fires last year and this year will have on the grapes and if it will affect the taste of the wine. I might have to do my own research. 

I think for sure the prices will rise..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

10 minutes ago, Dove said:

Or, people will be buying more Australian wine...ha

Unless Trump puts tariffs on that too..:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

A sommelier I know here sighed over the lack of nature wines at the store shelves here. He said he wished they would remove some of those cheap boxes in favour of quality wines with limited or no additives.

https://www.winemag.com/2018/04/17/natural-wine-guide/

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2018 at 4:09 PM, Tortuga said:

Richard, it's funny you mentioned this. We had to return our last 2 bottles of Frey white wine. The first bottle "smoked" as we took out the cork. The seconed "smoked" the second time we took the cork out!!😦

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

On 12/29/2018 at 9:09 PM, SUNRAY said:

Richard, it's funny you mentioned this. We had to return our last 2 bottles of Frey white wine. The first bottle "smoked" as we took out the cork. The seconed "smoked" the second time we took the cork out!!😦

Never heard of this...tell me more plz...why returned?

Just now, SUNRAY said:

As I said, smoke came out of the bottle after the cork was removed..

Our experience may be unique to certain bottles..normally we like the brand because it says "no added sulfites"..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

• 6 months later...