JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Crystal Bible

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2196 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I think it's just reffering to technology and how long these new formats of data storage can last.

Yes, the crystal referring to the data storage disc itself.

I'm a technology lover, and can't imagine what we as *perfect* humans will be able to accomplish in the new system ;)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

22 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I think it's just reffering to technology and how long these new formats of data storage can last.

16 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Yes, the crystal referring to the data storage disc itself.

I'm a technology lover, and can't imagine what we as *perfect* humans will be able to accomplish in the new system ;)

It always amuses me when puny humans make these kind of claims...

:offtopic:

I have built a lot of ornamental iron,  hand rails and things like that.  I have often had to fasten them down to wood decks. Hardwood is awesome,  plastic,  not so much. ..

When Trex deck first came out the manufacturer said it would last for 200 years. ..hilarious!  I wonder who tested it for that long. ..the newer composite formula is better but the original didn't quite live up to the claims. ..

Back to topic--

I hope I get the opportunity to check this tech a billion years from now,  if we can dumb down our tech enough to actually read that archaic obsolete attempt at storage. It will be interesting to see what was considered important enough to keep for a billion years. ..

7 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

It will be interesting to see what was considered important enough to keep for a billion years. ..

Cat videos...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D