JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Coco - movie

Brother Dilip - No one can tell you what to watch. You don't need validation from other people's opinions.

What you DO need to do is ask yourself watching any movie are a few simple questions:

I've watched the trailer and based on what I saw ... it's not a movie of my choice.

Would I be able to share a bowl of popcorn with Jesus while you watch this film with him?

Is the film promoting any teachings contrary to Jehovah's standards?

Would I be able to go out and preach after watching this film in good conscience?

Maybe asking yourself those questions might help you decide on a personal level.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

18 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

I saw the trailer... hate the movie.

Lots of references to the things that Jehovah hates. 

Your choice brother 

Dilip,

Just a wee thought here that I've had to learn the hard way from my past - is the word 'hate' - IF we hate what Jehovah hates then we stay under his protection - if we don't hate from the heart what he hates - then we are all in danger of wandering from his protection.

This hate can't just come from the mouth, but has to be activated by the heart ... and it's ironically my past that has created in me a fervent hate for what is bad - and I can see the difference between now and then - then I THOUGHT i hated what was bad, but I truly didn't.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

3 hours ago, dilip kumar said:

Can we watch this ?

Dilip, did you already study the second book, “Keep Yourselves in God’s Love” with your Bible teacher? That book is wonderful since it teaches us the principles we can use to make a good choice in any situation.

Chapter 6 of that book is all about entertainment. It contains the principles that apply to our choice of entertainment. Jehovah could have made the Slave publish a list of acceptable and unacceptable movies, but instead he decided to teach us some principles and let us decide. That way, our choices will show him how much we love him. :)

Please, have a look at that chapter when you have a chance. This is a link to the information in case you don't have it already:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102017565

Actually, I had never heard of this movie before seeing this thread.

That said, a quick search turned up this info:

The story follows a 12-year-old boy named Miguel Rivera who is accidentally transported to the land of the dead, where he seeks the help of his deceased musician great-great-grandfather to return him to his family among the living. The concept for Coco is based on the Mexican holiday of the Day of the Dead. 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I did not see the trailer.
Just saw that it had a good rating on imdb.
But when i read the synopsis i decided to avoid it.
But then I thought like if anybody has watched it earlier, they may guide me to whether there are too many divergence from Bible principles or a momentary one.

Thank you dear brothers.

What I appreciate about you all is, you all are very principle centred.
Happy to have good spiritual minded people who say what is wrong, directly.

Love you and
Goodnight / good day.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, gayathri said:

I did not see the trailer.
Just saw that it had a good rating on imdb.
But when i read the synopsis i decided to avoid it.
But then I thought like if anybody has watched it earlier, they may guide me to whether there are too many divergence from Bible principles or a momentary one.

Thank you dear brothers.

What I appreciate about you all is, you all are very principle centred.
Happy to have good spiritual minded people who say what is wrong, directly.

Love you and
Goodnight / good day.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

Dilip.