JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sincerely need Doctor Michael

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2171 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Boy, can’t get Medicare till 65 when everyone’s body is falling apart. Already put in and finished secular work years and now they expect people to go back to work to receive any benefits.

Course for right now this is Michigan.

We really need Doctor Michael to come and take care of business.

http://www.upmatters.com/news/local-news/senate-panel-oks-work-requirement-for-medicare/1128559655

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Boy, can’t get Medicare till 65 when everyone’s body is falling apart. Already put in and finished secular work years and now they expect people to go back to work to receive any benefits.

http://www.upmatters.com/news/local-news/senate-panel-oks-work-requirement-for-medicare/1128559655
Dr. Michael can't wait to take of you and anyone else willing to appreciate what he did on Nisan 14, 33 CE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Loopy said:

My reading of the news account is it is Medicaid a state-managed program, not Medicare a federally managed program that is affected.. If you qualify for Medicare it shouldn't affect you. The bill provides that non-elderly and non-disabled have a work requirement to receive Medicaid benefits. 

Many confuse Medicaid with Medicare similar to how we confuse WTLibrary with JW Libray on this forum.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

34 minutes ago, Old said:

My reading of the news account is it is Medicaid a state-managed program, not Medicare a federally managed program that is affected.. If you qualify for Medicare it shouldn't affect you. The bill provides that non-elderly and non-disabled have a work requirement to receive Medicaid benefits. 

Many confuse Medicaid with Medicare similar to how we confuse WTLibrary with JW Libray on this forum.

I know from others posting (social media) under the article they were confused as to which one they were talking about. And simple minded me 🤠🤠 wasn’t sure either. 

Yeah, I get the WT Library and JW Library. 😁😁😁😁😁😁

The attention grabber about this article is that in the address line it has Medicare but the article is about Medicaid. So now their going to make a quadriplegic on medicaid work 29 hrs a week to qualify. How else can they afford to give the rich all those tax breaks.  

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

1 minute ago, rocket said:

The attention grabber about this article is that in the address line it has Medicare but the article is about Medicaid. So now their going to make a quadriplegic on medicaid work 29 hrs a week to qualify. How else can they afford to give the rich all those tax breaks.  

That is what caused the confusion.

i don’t think anyone proofreads anymore. 🤪🤪🤪🤪

9 minutes ago, rocket said:

It does not affect quadriplegics or disabled persons.nt. (Read the article.) :)

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I don't qualify for disability, it's hard to get down here so I'll probably lose my medicaid as I am in no shape to hold down a public job or care for elderly patients in a senior care place for 20 hours a week x 4 = 80 hours....sigh...

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

50 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

I don't qualify for disability, it's hard to get down here so I'll probably lose my medicaid as I am in no shape to hold down a public job or care for elderly patients in a senior care place for 20 hours a week x 4 = 80 hours....sigh...

Natasha, not to worry, This bill only affects Michigan residents. Kentucky is safe at the moment. I have an idea that the courts will overturn this Michigan Bill should it pass.

However, States do get to decide how they will use the funds provided from the Federal Budget.

We compain alot about our medical system down here in Oz .... and I'm sure there is a lot to complain about, especially as money gets shorter because it is put into non-essentials and our health system among others essential services suffer, but your system in the US confuses me very much.  Do you have to have medical insurance to get treated by doctors and hospitals?  Do you have a government funded medical system where you can get treated as a public patient if you don't have private insurance?

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

4 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

but your system in the US confuses me very much.  Do you have to have medical insurance to get treated by doctors and hospitals?  Do you have a government funded medical system where you can get treated as a public patient if you don't have private insurance?

The system in the US confuses me too. Lol I have very good private insurance which is pretty costly. Every time I go to a doctor, I have a co payment, then after the visit receive another bill. This is the portion that they insurance company does not feel like paying. I get stuck with that too. If I had any lab work or other tests done, perhaps they really don't feel like paying those either, so I the leftovers become my problem as well. 

The insurance companies here like to deny or limit service as well. For example: To treat back pain, I went to a chiropractor. The results were wonderful, but midway through treatment, the insurance company decided that I had gone enough. I have spent the past 6 months paying cash for my treatment..  along with my normal insurance premium. 

The good thing about health care in the US is that in an emergency, you can get treatment with or without money or insurance, unlike some countries where you could lay on a stretcher in bad shape, all treatment on hold until someone appears with money. There are also  government programs available for healthcare the very poor and disabled.. I think. This requires an application and renewal every 6 months, but everything is covered. 

Thank you for your explanation, V. :) 

Anybody and everybody can access free doctors and hospitals in Australia although private health insurance is also available, though GP's are not covered by private health insurance but by the government which sets a ceiling on how much they will pay for doctors and services and anything above that needs to be paid by the patient. Some GPs 'bulk bill' which means the patient doesn't have to pay anything at all while other GPs are quite expensive, so there can be a large 'gap' payment if you choose one of those.

With health insurance, which is not mandatory, you can either get just ancillary, of which there are 3 levels, which covers for those extras like dental, chiropractor, non-PBS prescriptions, ambulance, optical, etc.etc which cover up to a certain amount and after that, like you, we're on our own,  or you can get a choice of 3 different levels of hospital + ancillary.  The entitlements you get are dependant  on which level you choose which, in it's turn, is dependant on how wealthy (or not) you are LOL.

If you choose not to have private health insurance for whatever reason and you need to go into hospital for an operation, there is a public hospital system but the waiting lists can be very long and you don't get a doctor of your choice like you do in the private sector.

However, there is a current shortage of blood pressure drugs (Adalat family) and now my sister is stuck without any substitute since she has to see her doctor first.  This is nationwide, and I can’t believe that in our country there is a nationwide shortage of such an important drug. When you go to the government website, this shortage has been ongoing since January :o and not expected to be available again until end of June 2018. :praying:

Edited by hatcheckgirl

25 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

However, there is a current shortage of blood pressure drugs (Adalat family) and now my sister is stuck without any substitute since she has to see her doctor first.  This is nationwide, and I can’t believe that in our country there is a nationwide shortage of such an important drug. When you go to the government website, this shortage has been ongoing since January :o and not expected to be available again until end of June 2018. :praying:

Another one? This is not the first time in recent months that a medication has been unavailable for a considerable time.  One of the meds that I am on was in short supply for about 6 months last year, between about April and October/November and I had to get a substitue which didn't do me any favours. I hope your sister gets her substitute soon. xo

Edited by GeordieGirl

Well up to now, I didn’t think this was possible. Surely in our “advanced” society, we should have access to medicines. But obviously it's not that rare. There are 210 current shortages of medicinal drugs at the moment in Australia. 

http://www.tga.gov.au/medicine-shortages-information-initiative

There are shortages in the USA too.

I've been without my thyroid medicine for the past three months.  

I was prescribed an alternative, but the dosage wasn't the same and it doesn't work with me.  :(

I was taking Naturethroid.

No Naturethroid= no brain function.:unsure:

Either there's a lack of dessicated pig thyroid, or a lack of profit.  :uhhuh:

It's always about profit...and never about people.:(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

7 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I’m really surprised there is such a shortage with the manufacturers not producing enough of these vital drugs. I know we shouldn’t be, but up til today, I had no idea this was happening.  :o

I was prescribed an alternative, but the dosage wasn't the same and it doesn't work with me.  

It's always about profit...and never about people.

i had no idea u were on thyroid med. what a bummer to be out of it. havr u written the company?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, SheyZ said:

i had no idea u were on thyroid med. what a bummer to be out of it. havr u written the company?

My prescription is 195mg.

My thyroid has been wonky since the mid-seventies.

I haven't written the company.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I'm disabled from before I was 21 in the US, I was never ever able to become gainfully employed, so I'm on both Medicaid & Medicare. Together they cover things like ambulances, regular doctor visits and check-ups, typical medication, hospitals. Some light co-pays. Nothing that actually helps me or that I need with chronic illness or pain like 'alternative/chiropractors'. Medicaid dental only applies to children, and for optical they only cover some cheap frames and lenses, not the higher end lenses or contacts that I need. I would need them if I was able to drive.

I can get pumped full of drugs and free surgery to keep me alive if I become morbidly obese or have a limb cut off, yet I can't get the diagnoses and treatment for internal dysfunction to become a functioning member of society...

5 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

This is why I went Keto, it's just easier to manage it myself as things are.

Edited by Myew

Ah, Myew, what a system..... Your post just shows how hideous our lives are, dependant on this greedy system to keep us going. Until we  become chronically ill and need drugs, we don’t realise how bad things are for ones like yourself. Then we get there eventually and we are at their mercy too.

The US system sounds like a particularly vicious way to treat people who are sick and less than wealthy. I work for Medicare, but it is a much more equitable system which all residents are entitled to use, paid for by our taxes as a levy according to your income. It too is showing cracks and covers less and less these days than when it was first implemented. I’m sure our government would just love to follow the US model and pare it back. Who cares about sick people?

11 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I was prescribed an alternative, but the dosage wasn't the same and it doesn't work with me.  :(

It's always about profit...and never about people.:(

That is awful Ross ... have they got you on levothyroxine?  Awful stuff.  When I don't have my thyroid meds my whole body collapses not just my brain. There are 2 or 3 different companies which produce dessicated thyroid here.  One of them is Armour which is an American company and is still available here. Seems you are right and there is not enough profit ....  they must be just exporting it because that is where the money is. 

I hope it comes back soon. xo