JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What if? ...

What if Adam and Eve had remained faithful?  

Where would we be now in terms of everyday functions, likes, dislikes, accomplishments, goals?

Music for instance ... we have made great progress in the field of music, from beethoven through to music we all cherish today - but we have made some backward steps too often because imperfection, lifestyles, sadness, depression have produced songs that evoke deep emotions or songs that are downright assaulting to the ears. 

What do you think our music would sound like today if imperfection wasn't stamped on our melodies or lyrics?

Food? What type of food would we be growing or eating?

Housing and technology - I wonder what Jehovah had in mind for us all before mankind had sinned?

Our languages and ethnic differences?

Arts and Entertainment? What roads would these have ventured down? 

In the NS we will be rewinding or unwinding many aspects of our every day life, that is true, but if we were perfect now, serving Jehovah as we would should have now, how different would it be even from our wonderful future?

This is a thread for pure musings and thought provoking ideas of where society would be now ... over 6,000 years after creation. 

(For the sake of this discussion we will ignore the fact that most if not all of us wouldnt be here, but would be a whole different array of individuals).

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

We wouldnt have music sheets or instruments. Because of perfection, we can follow and remember the song and the instruments will be something different than what we have. We dont need catchy words getting repeated in short period of time like chorus to feel the song. We can have more than hours length songs. Our food will be unimaginably delicious. Jehovah provided variety of fruits, vegetables and seeds to absorb energy that is now appreciated in terms of taste and nutrients. Houses would be bigger than most people had. Technology will provide very useful for everyday life and service to Jehovah. In regards to languages, we would have the same language all over the world. Many languages we had today is because of Nimrod's plan to build Babel. The ethnicity will not mean discrimination but we will view them as families we didnt met yet. Our way of entertainment and arts would promote what Jehovah likes. Today immorality and spiritism are the common themes of movies. In all of this, Jehovah might suggest or provide things for our music, food, house, language, entertainment and arts if we didnt lose our close relationship with him sis mandi :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

I've always had the thought that if they did not actually sin, the people we see today would've been our brothers and sisters, that love us and care for us.
Unfaithful family members, friends, random people on the streets, politicians, bad rulers and in general bad people (such as murderers) etc, etc... you get the point. It's sad, isn't it? :(

P.S. That way you can imagine how important people are for Jehovah God and how much he wants them to be saved.

On 4/21/2018 at 4:57 AM, Stormswift said:

Where would we be now in terms of everyday functions, likes, dislikes, accomplishments, goals?

Music for instance ... we have made great progress in the field of music, from beethoven through to music we all cherish today - but we have made some backward steps too often because imperfection, lifestyles, sadness, depression have produced songs that evoke deep emotions or songs that are downright assaulting to the ears. 

What do you think our music would sound like today if imperfection wasn't stamped on our melodies or lyrics?

Housing and technology - I wonder what Jehovah had in mind for us all before mankind had sinned?

Our languages and ethnic differences?

Arts and Entertainment? What roads would these have ventured down? 

In the NS we will be rewinding or unwinding many aspects of our every day life, that is true, but if we were perfect now, serving Jehovah as we would should have now, how different would it be even from our wonderful future?

This is a thread for pure musings and thought provoking ideas of where society would be now ... over 6,000 years after creation. 

(For the sake of this discussion we will ignore the fact that most if not all of us wouldnt be here, but would be a whole different array of individuals).

One thing we wouldn't have to worry about - type and style of clothing.  There wouldn't be any!

1 minute ago, tekmantwo said:

I don't necessarily agree with this,  I keep thinking about exploring the Antarctic and protection from the elements. 

This desert rat doesn't really have a full appreciation for sub zero temps...:confused:

On 4/21/2018 at 4:57 AM, Stormswift said:

If they remained faithful they wouldn't have known they were naked.

4 minutes ago, alohapaulette said:

If they remained faithful they wouldn't have known they were naked.

Yeah I disagree here too based on the fact I think the knowledge they gained was premature knowledge, that they weren't ready for it at that stage ... if they had remained obedient to Jehovah then they would have been given that knowledge in Jehovah's time.

There are too many plants and animals that provide material for clothing ie cotton ... wool ... silk. Jehovah has a purpose for everything.

I think the styles would be vastly different, but certainly would have had clothes - i think anyway.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Yeah I disagree here too based on the fact I think the knowledge they gained was premature knowledge, that they weren't ready for it at that stage ... if they had remained obedient to Jehovah then they would have been given that knowledge in Jehovah's time.

There are too many plants and animals that provide material for clothing ie cotton ... wool ... silk. Jehovah has a purpose for everything.

I think the styles would be vastly different, but certainly would have had clothes - i think anyway.

True, but clothing would be.....optional.

On 4/22/2018 at 12:57 AM, Stormswift said:

I was thinking about Coca Cola, and how tasty it is ..but so unhealthy.

6000 years of perfection would ensure that Coca Cola drink or similar tasty drinks are actually good for you ... and don't start me on perfect donuts..:D

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Why optional? I think Jehovah always meant us to be modest ... at the stage of them being naked it was only the two of them. 

Good point. Let's think beyond initial stage of early Edenic life.

And that requires imagination...:whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

That is my intent with this thread - to let imaginations run wild ... 

Carrots probably would not be orange.

I think houses would meld more into the country around them ... sealife more abundant so our relationship with animals like dolphins would be in kahutze - but much of those are going to happen in the future - what i'm interested in - would society be more advanced than we are today? Or more of the earth - rustic yet intelligent? Or maybe a combination. 

I like fusion myself - where we can live the life of peace but bring up the latest techology for communication ... even our relationships with our angelic brothers would be different ... which makes me think they have missed out on getting to know us as we should have if Jehovah's purprose didn't take that detour. (In the long run the results will be as good).

I think the attachments we have on physical things today would have been different if society had continued under Jehovah's law instead of mans.

would society be more advanced than we are today? Or more of the earth - rustic yet intelligent? Or maybe a combination. 

I think living forever requires a combination of things... let me explain.

I like photography because it enables me to peer into Jehovah's creation (thinking specifically about micro photography of insects)

I have so much fun setting up my camera, and wait for results etc..

Without technology I wouldn't have that opportunity. :(

We were created to discover and explore.

Attaching not my photo but the example of what I am talking about.

macro-micro-difference-macro-ladybug.jpg

And I like drawing nature - you need a camera for that also:

So I totally agree - fusion the old and the new, and the rustic with the technology.

manukarose5.jpg

And I like drawing nature - you need a camera for that also:

So I totally agree - fusion the old and the new, and the rustic with the technology.

manukarose5.jpg

Wow, this is simply amazing! You have real talent. :thumbsup: