JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WOL Showing Older Publications

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2111 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I must be really out of the loop.

When I do research and want to access much older publications (prior to 2000), I use the WT Library on my computer. Recently, I was looking for some info using the Online Library search and found articles from WT going all the way back to 1951. Is this new? Has this always been there  and I just never realized it or was it recently added? If this is old news, I’m really sorry! :o

When clicking on the WT list by year, it still goes back to 2000.

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Merged several topics

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

Hey, it's true!

I had checked it in Spanish that is not updated yet, but in English it works!

This is a wonderful surprise, I didn't expect the brothers to make all those publications available online.

Older publications are available in Swedish from this week, so Spanish shouldn’t be too far off.

Watchtower in English goes back to 1950.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/lv/r1/lp-e/0/21204

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Hey, it's true!

I had checked it in Spanish that is not updated yet, but in English it works!

This is a wonderful surprise, I didn't expect the brothers to make all those publications available online.

The Spanish Library goes back to the 1970s from now.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, carlos said:

If you search the Indexes you can find references to older publications, but they are greyed out and you can click on them.

You mean you can’t click on them? I’ve always realized this, but the list usually showed only 2000 and up publications that were clickable.

I use the Scripture Index a lot and just now found out that it is split in two: 1986-2017 and 1930-1985.

For the 1986-2017, just about everything is there. The 1930-1985 includes the WT going back to 1950.

This is new to me. Amazing resource.

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

It is true that publications back to the 1950s are now searchable in WOL.

When did this happen?

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

Older publications are available in Swedish from this week, so Spanish shouldn’t be too far off.

Watchtower in English goes back to 1950.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/lv/r1/lp-e/0/21204

How did you get this list??

When I dig back out and go back in, I only get down to 2000.

Ah! Never mind.

Mine was cached. I refreshed the browser and it shows up now. Cool.

Awake! in English goes to 1970, as well.

Edited by digital_dreamer

Wow wow wow, 

I too had been waiting for this. Superb.

Thank you. Now we can handle any discussions more easily. 

This also reminds that as Jehovah God and Jesus Christ are constantly working , we to need to be working more in the field service. 

Glory to Jehovah. 

6 hours ago, carlos said:

If you search the Indexes you can find references to older publications, but they are greyed out and you can click on them.

Not anymore. Now it’s avsilable for example in Spanish from 1970ti the present. 

I don't use WOL very often but I was looking for something when I was out the other day and I'm sure the publications didn't go back much further than 2000. This could have been me just having one of my blonde senior moments because now I find all the old publications on WOL are the same as WTLibrary. If it's not my imagination and it really has been updated, it is amazing.

Watchtowers to 1950
Awakes to 1970
KMs to 1970
Yearbooks to 1970
All the Books, brochures and tracts.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

19 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

If it's not my imagination and it really has been updated, it is amazing.

I missed that as well.  I will use the on line site more readily than the Library just because I felt it was quicker and it seemed a bit more seamless to me. I didn't have to select 'Bible' or lookup a yearbook, it's on the opening page.

I just kinda liked it better,  now, it is even betterist...more betterer, something like that. ...

:uhhuh:

Told you I am a blonde senior. LOL

I did look to see if there was anything about it yet and couldn't find anything but I'm not very good at finding stuff on here.  When I use the search box I must put in the wrong info or something. Please would you eithere delete this or merge it or something. :flowers:

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

12 hours ago, Musky said:

And you can find topics about it, Here:

{threads merged - Bob}

And here:

{threads merged - Bob}

:lol:

Thanks for those links, I hadn't looked at them yet and likely would have missed them altogether...much appreciated..and I gave you a heart. Or love,.. or,..both?... not sure...:lol: