JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WOL Showing Older Publications

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2138 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Also I really like the overall layout and appearance of WOL over WTLib.  I find it much more readable for me, which in turn helps me to concentrate when studying.

Agreed, WOL is the better looking version of WT Lib that I’ve always wanted XD

Ever since they’ve released the sleek JW.org and JW Library I’ve eagerly awaited a visual update :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like WOL as an app.  As an app you could download publications are store them offline, like ones you use most often.  If you are not one for older publications, then no need to store them.  Create your own customized or personal library.   I remember there was app for Android made by someone that did that.  It would be different from JW Library, or maybe an extension of JW Library.  A blend of Watchtower Library but with the WOL look and feel and features.  If it was a web app or store app it could support more than just Windows.

6 hours ago, 1MKnight said:

Agreed, WOL is the better looking version of WT Lib that I’ve always wanted XD

Ever since they’ve released the sleek JW.org and JW Library I’ve eagerly awaited a visual update :)

To each their own .... I prefer the look and feel of the WTL on the DVD

I do not view the WOL or the JWL as "sleek" ..... guess I like things a bit more utilitarian 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 minute ago, Qapla said:

..... guess I like things a bit more utilitarian 

The WTL was developed in the old DOS days before Graphical User Interfaces made everything "sleek".  I get my MS-Dos system out every now and then, just to see if I can still tune it up.

Many of the "programs" that I used to use in Windows (a GUI) has a very 3D look to them with raised buttons and strategically placed shadows - many of the newer "apps" now used with various GUI's (including Windows) have the "new FLAT" look to them .....

I prefer the 3D look like the "Staff" button below John's name under his avatar.

To me, a nice row of 3D buttons sitting side-by-side on my bookmars bar looked better that the list of links that only distinguish themselves when I pass the mouse over them - especially since the mouse only puts a darker background color behind them ..... but, this is "progress" and "sleek" :(

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

To each their own .... I prefer the look and feel of the WTL on the DVD

I do not view the WOL or the JWL as "sleek" ..... guess I like things a bit more utilitarian 

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

The WTL was developed in the old DOS days before Graphical User Interfaces made everything "sleek".  I get my MS-Dos system out every now and then, just to see if I can still tune it up.

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

Many of the "programs" that I used to use in Windows (a GUI) has a very 3D look to them with raised buttons and strategically placed shadows - many of the newer "apps" now used with various GUI's (including Windows) have the "new FLAT" look to them .....

I prefer the 3D look like the "Staff" button below John's name under his avatar.

To me, a nice row of 3D buttons sitting side-by-side on my bookmars bar looked better that the list of links that only distinguish themselves when I pass the mouse over them - especially since the mouse only puts a darker background color behind them ..... but, this is "progress" and "sleek" :(

What can I say, I'm a designer at heart. :) 

And I have done computer programming ..... and that includes designing the interface :shrugs:

On 6/12/2018 at 8:40 AM, Brian Warner said:

Have they released the Rutherford books yet? Im trying to collect them and read them all.

I inherited my parents decades old spiritual library when they died. Many books even going back to CTR. I find them very hard to read as they are not in the modern vernacular. But there are some very interesting ideas, especially those written by individuals rather than a writing committee. The new way is so much better. It is wonderful the way Jah's chariot moves ahead, and brightens the light of understanding.