JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Kingdom Halls Burned

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2080 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I don't think this is what Peter had in mind when he wrote these words about a "burning":

"The apostle Peter refers to trials or sufferings as a “fire” that proves the quality of the Christian’s faith. (1Pe 1:6, 7) Later, he likens suffering for righteousness to a burning when he tells his fellow Christians: “Do not be puzzled at the burning among you, which is happening to you for a trial, . . . you are sharers in the sufferings of the Christ, that you may rejoice and be overjoyed also during the revelation of his glory.” (1Pe 4:12, 13) That such suffering for righteousness has a beneficial effect is pointed out by the apostle Paul when he says: “Tribulation produces endurance.” (Ro 5:3) A person who faithfully and successfully passes through a difficult “burning” trial is stronger and more solidly established as a result of his endurance.—Ac 14:22; Ro 12:12." (Rbi8) --- it-1 Fire, p. 834

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

2 hours ago, Hope said:

Is that the same report that you posted yesterday?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Hope said:

No, this report happened... THIS MORNING!!!!  :D  😉 

I thought the report said it happened on Wednesday but was updated today...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Wow! They’re upping the reward. 💰💰💰💰💰💰

Thank goodness there was no real damage. 

What scares me is each time the guy gets away with it he will get braver and braver. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I was just checking my search engine to see if any lastest news but didn’t find any.

If this about the San Diego Kingdom Hall has already been discussed in a earlier topic I apologize in advance because I don’t recall hearing about this. I realize this may be old news to some.

But there was a Kingdom Hall back in 2011 and 2012 that was hit by arson 3 times. 

http://www.cbs8.com/story/21971704/kingdom-hall-reopens-after-devastating-arson-attacks

SAN DIEGO (CBS 😎 - It is a brand-new beginning for the Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall in University Heights which had been targeted by arsonists three times, beginning in December 2011.

With the help of hundreds of volunteers donating their time, labor and expertise the hall has now been completely re-built. 

"It really is a blessing to be back in here," said Kingdom Hall's Local Elder Ted Dorius. 

It was a blessed new beginning Saturday for the Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall on Adams Avenue in University Heights. 

From its landscaping outside to its main auditorium inside -- with seats, carpet and state of the art video system, an updated security system including reinforced doors, as well as its conference room and auxiliary classroom used for bible education. 

"More people can participate in our school... We can have two schools going on at the same time," said Dorius. 

In late 2011 and early 2012, arsonists targeted Kingdom Hall three times, causing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of damage. 

"We weren't able to save one thing out of the Kingdom Hall," he said. 

In one incident, firefighters found someone had broken into the hall and doused it with gasoline, although failed to start a fire. 

The building was also vandalized, with part of the exterior church sign torn down and the numbers 666 spray painted on a wall. 

"It was very disappointing somebody would do that," said Dorius. 

While the building was destroyed, the congregants' spirit was not, coming together from across San Diego to help re-build. 

"Many of our brothers are professionals in the building industry -- so they volunteered their time," he said.

In all, a crew of 776 volunteers worked for a total of 14 weekends to help complete this modernized Kingdom Hall, bringing everything up to current code. 

The old hall was built in 1960, the surrounding community also impacted by the arson attacks, showed its support as well. 

"We've gotten a lot of support from our neighbors... Some left flowers, some wanted to contribute money toward the feeding of the volunteers," he said. 

During the past year, the five congregations which use this hall, more than 300 members, met in other Kingdom Hall locations throughout San Diego. 

"We didn't miss a meeting during all that time," said Dorius.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”