JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

ANNOUNCEMENT | Appeal Hearing to Prevent Confiscation of Former Russia Branch Property

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1871 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On Thursday, May 3, 2018, at 11:30 a.m., the Saint Petersburg City Court will hear our appeal against the December 2017 ruling that would allow authorities to confiscate our former branch facilities in Russia. If the appeal is denied, the 14-building complex can be immediately confiscated by the State.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/#newsAlerts

So, the appeal hearing is set for 11:30 a.m., just a half hour before lunch time. That doesn't seem to bode well for our seeking justice and getting a fair hearing. I fear it's business as usual, a mere formality.  :(

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

“And he will plant his royal tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration” - Daniel 11:44, 45

In short, invade the property belonging to Jehovah's people. I'm guessing we'll lose this one as well. 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

In St. Petersburg, the question of the property of Jehovah's Witnesses in the village of Solnechny

On May 3, 2018, at 12:50 pm, with a 50-minute delay, the St. Petersburg City Court began hearing a petition of the "Watchtower Society, Bibles and Treatises of Pennsylvania" against the decision of the St. Petersburg Sestroretsk Court , which annulled the deal of the 17-year-old prescription , during which the "Society" became the owner of a large liturgical complex in the suburbs of St. Petersburg.

The case is heard by a panel of three judges: Tatyana Kudasova (speaker), Svetlana Nichkova, Galina Kordyukova.  In the process, Vice President of the Watchtower Society Richard Devine, as well as lawyers Artur Leontiev and Viktor Shipilov, are participating. On the side of the plaintiff are representatives of the prosecutor's office, Rosreestra and the Federal Property Management Agency.

There are 45 people in the hall, including foreign diplomats and representatives of the media.

https://jw-russia.org/news/18050314-309.html

The Court of Appeal legalized the seizure of property in the village of Solnechnoye in St. Petersburg

The complex of real estate worth about 2 billion rubles will be confiscated from the foreign organization "Watchtower Society, Bibles and Treatises of Pennsylvania". On May 3, 2018, the St. Petersburg City Court upheld the decision of the lower court . The decision takes effect immediately.

I think we all knew this would happen. How sad. 

In all my life, I don't think I have ever seen anything so ridiculous. Even though it's prophetic, I'm still beside myself watching this all go down. I don't even have the words to explain how I feel.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I too am so saddened, but also reflective.  Remembering that the USSR was the KOTN, and Russia is looking awfully like it is now too, I was thinking that the respite the brothers had in the intervening years since the close of the Cold War until this current wave of persecution has allowed so many tens of thousands to get the truth.  Our brothers and sisters in Russia had a chance to "Preach the word; be at it urgently in favorable times" and now again back to "difficult times". 2 Tim 4:2.

However the KOTN develops, Jehovah will always be there to back our brothers and give them extraordinary power to endure even the most unfairest trials and persecution.

"And they will certainly fight against you,

But they will not prevail against you,

For ‘I am with you,’ declares Jehovah, ‘to save you.’” Jer 1:19

The thought of people knowingly fighting Jehovah in this way makes me shudder.

Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Not in the least surprised, the Russian authorities were not going to let a little thing like european law and  property rights get in the way of their decision.  We can only pray for the brothers and sisters, that their faith does not give out and by their integrity they give a great shout of praise to Jehovah. 

"We are hard-pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out; we are persecuted, but not abandoned; we are knocked down, but not destroyed." - 2 Corinthians 4:8, 9

If this is all part of the KOTN prophecy of Daniel, then don't forget the final sentence, Dan 11:45 "and he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him."

Russia could be putting in the nails to their own coffin.

Edited by Jonathan77

IF Russia turns out to be the King of the North, then it will be even better if the KOTN does its job quicker and seizes Jehovah’s peoples properties. Sooner the better. We are eager to “seize” old system to turn it into the new system. :)

Don’t you agree brothers? 

Edited by Guri

Spelling

3 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

I would remove "could" because Russia is putting huge nails to their own coffin

I don't see situation to improve, and only Jehovah's confrontation will change the scene.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

If this is all part of the KOTN prophecy of Daniel, then don't forget the final sentence, Dan 11:45 "and he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him."

Thanks Jonathan for shedding light on Dan 11:45...YES, "HE WILL COME ALL THE WAY TO HIS END."  

27 minutes ago, mserskine said:

BREAKIG ANNOUNCEMENT 

Witnesses Lose Appeal 

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/#newsAlerts

So Russian president will join already infamous list of Kings who were humiliated y Jehovah.

As brothers stated: God will correct it in his due time

I think KON is emerging in front of our eyes 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

The Court of Appeal legalized the seizure of property in the village of Solnechnoye in St. Petersburg

May 3, 2018

https://jw-russia.org/news/18050314-309.html

The complex of real estateworth about 2 billion rubles will be confiscated from the foreign organization "Watchtower Society, Bibles and Treatises of Pennsylvania". On May 3, 2018, the St. Petersburg City Court upheld the decision of the lower court . The decision takes effect immediately.

"The inviolability of private property is considered the basis for confidence in the future," says Yaroslav Sivulsky from the European Association of Jehovah's Witnesses. "And who can feel safe now after such a decision?"

What steps preceded this seizure of property? 1) Without any convincing reasoning, the courts recognized as "extremist" a number of publications of Jehovah's Witnesses. 2) In 2017, after an epidemic of throws of "extremist" materials into the liturgical building, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation recognized as extremist and liquidated all 396 registered organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia. 3) The lower court on the basis of this decision ruled to transfer this property to state ownership, since until 2000 it belonged to one of the liquidated organizations. For this, the court recognized the 17-year-old deal on its transfer to the Watchtower Society void.
It is noteworthy that on April 20, 2016, more than a year before the Ministry of Justice's claim to liquidate the Jehovah's Witnesses Management Center, the "Unified State Register of Rights to Immovable Property" (EGRP) appeared an intriguing record relating to this liturgical complex: "A decision was made on seizure of the property for state or municipal needs . "Believers Rosreestr explained this record "technical error".

Such a large-scale seizure of property in Russia, which was used for religious purposes, is comparable only with the Decree of the Council of People's Commissars "On the Separation of the Church from the State" of 1918, by which religious organizations were deprived of their property.However, unlike the events of 100 years ago, the buildings of Jehovah's Witnesses were acquired and built without state support, exclusively on voluntary donations and by the believers themselves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This "justice" is injustice and the seized moved is called steeling 

we can't wait the steeling of all orthodox churches and properties by the 10 horns of the wild beast 

then justice will prevail ....

all liars and thieves will render account to the great Judge .

:D 

but who knows this may give a big witness 

Let's see what happens next :uhhuh:

• 10 months later...

Russia has systematically declared war on Jehovah’s Witnesses, including non-Orthodox minorities in general.  While true that other minorities are targets, the police and the judiciary have been specifically harassing our Brothers for months on end - years - all over Russia.  The fear is intensifying that all preaching work may be forbidden in Russia soon.  It's understood prophetically they will be the targets at the very end, but here they seem to be a priority target above all others.  Sickening! Our brothers seem the most resistant minorities in the country.  As previously seen, they can rely on lawyers who defend their rights tooth and nail and certainly hope for a sensible outcome with Jehovah's help.  Will banning preaching work make it easy for Moscow to crush all the other religious minorities whose defense means are much more limited?  Wondering.

DATE: 03-06-2019 - Russia Confiscates $30.4 Million Property From Jehovah’s Witnesses:
https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/russia-confiscates-30-4-million-property-jehovahs-witnesses