JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WT library for Mac Book Pro?

I just purchased a Mac Book Pro and was wondering if anyone knew how to install the Watchtower Library since the library is Windows based. I couldn't find an Isilo app for the mac book.

I appreciate anyone's help. I'm not real computer savvy.

thank you

Yes Mary I understand your dilema (sp)! I purchased Isilo in the hopes that I coul1d somehow download the WT Library to my Blackberry Playbook. However, everything they said Isilo would do has not happened yet! Im kind of disappointed though because there are times that I need info from my library when I'm on a study.

I hope we can both get help with these issues! Color me "flustered" at this point.

Yvonne

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

I am using a MacBook with Mac OS X Lion. I wasn't able to get the Watchtower Library for Mac to work on my machine. However, I used a utility called CrossOver (it does cost about $40 USD) and installed Watchtower Library using that utility was able to get it working.

You can try this without actually buying the software. They offer a 30 day trial which is what I used at first. The folks that make CrossOver (CodeWeavers) actually support Watchtower Library 2010 under their software and have a published procedure for using it located here. Hope this helps!

Feel free to contact me if I can help you further. I love using my MacBook!! (2011 Quad Core i7 with 8GB).

Thank you Jerry and Chance for your suggestions. I did go to the website that Jerry gave and it worked beautifully. Thank you so much. Hope this can help others with the same situation. I knew there would be someone out in cyberspace that could help:help:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brother, My name is Marilyn and I just purchased a imac,and was having problems installing the WT library. I did get the 2009 installed cant manage to get the 2010, error message problem with with program. I dont have a windows program installed. any suggestion Thanks

Hi Brother' date=' My name is Marilyn and I just purchased a imac,and was having problems installing the WT library. I did get the 2009 installed cant manage to get the 2010, error message problem with with program. I dont have a windows program installed. any suggestion Thanks[/quote'] Have you gone to this website - http://watchtowerlibraryformac.info/ on your Mac and installed the program they offer? They have nice step by step instructions on how make this work. "You can download the latest version by clicking Watchtower Library for Mac v2.0. Just drag the application to your Applications folder as indicated when you download the disk image (see below). After dropping the app into Applications you can safely eject and trash the downloaded dmg file. Then follow the onscreen video instructions."

69085=3822-mac.JPG

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 6 years later...

Can anyone inst

1 minute ago, Jmystro said:

www.wtlibrary.net is pretty easy to use.

You can find YouTube instructions to help you install.

Jmystro,

Can you please drop a link of YouTube which instruction is trustworthy?

• 4 weeks later...
All done! I’ve managed to install the lastest WT Library on my mac. 

Thank you Jmystro for mentioning the www.wtlibrary.net. I followed the video instruction which was fiven on the link above and it worked perfectly. 

Thank you ince again. Appreciated a lot. 

[/quote

When I tried to dl to my Mac, I got a message that

Wineskin was damaged! Does anyone know what this means and how can I get it back in order to do Wtlibrary on my Mac Pro? Thanks everyone

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"