JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Recommedations for Wireless Microphones

I've been asked to buy some new roving microphones.  Our current ones are getting past their best.  Thinking about digital wireless ones that use the 2.4GHz band.  But I don't know what to buy or what brands are the best, and what is a reasonable price to pay for a good and suitable microphone.  So I'm reaching out for some recommendations and suggestions.  What make and model do you use and are they any good?

9 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

I've been asked to buy some new roving microphones.  Our current ones are getting past their best.  Thinking about digital wireless ones that use the 2.4GHz band.  But I don't know what to buy or what brands are the best, and what is a reasonable price to pay for a good and suitable microphone.  So I'm reaching out for some recommendations and suggestions.  What make and model do you use and are they any good?

Does LDC make recommendations?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Most KH projects in the US buy from a company called Audio Acoustics - they have a JW Desk since they are owned by a Brother.

You have to make sure when you buy wireless that you are in a band that is not being "taken away" by the FCC and reassigned - this has happened recently (this is the second time they have done this)

Audio Acoustics has a "Frequency Finder" tool that will help you make certain the mikes you buy will not have problems in your area.

These are good ones and currently $cost 288.77 each. They are professional quality.

Shure BLX24RSM58 Analog Wireless Microphones System w/SM58 Mic Capsule

Shure BLX24RSM58 Analog Wireless Microphones System w/SM58 Mic Capsule *GOOD*

PM me if you would like their web address - JW's have a special login page that is not publicly available

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Because of the frequency thing, I think it would be best to buy from a UK supplier.  The channels used over may be different elsewhere.  Our current ones use the UHF 863-5 band, which is only one free to use.  Other than that, some VHF bands can be used for radio mics or the 2.4GHz band.

I had not noticed you were in the UK.

I agree that you need to be aware of local laws and frequencies allowed in the location of your Hall.

This is another reason to check with your local LDC (as @jwhess recommended) since they will be aware of what is available in your area.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, NCC1701 said:

We use JTS in the UK superb Mics. Been dropped and handled for many years with no problems or dropouts. They were supplied by a Brothers company. I’ll get the model no. If you are interested.

rb

Yes please.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:18 PM, Jonathan77 said:

Yes please.

http://www.jts.com.tw/english/products/detail.php?fid=1&subid=6&pid=598

Ours our the ones in the Link. 

JTS US 1000D.

I often have to select and purchase most of the equipment we use in our hall and some others also. Although a privilege it’s  a responsibility to spend the dedicated funds in the best way. 

Thanks that great.

If it was something else, like a new computer, I'll could recommend right away.  But when it something you have no experience in buying, its harder because you don't want to make the wrong purchase.  But then we have a worldwide base of experience we can turn to.