JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Oryol Court Hears First Testimony in Trial of Dennis Christensen

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1902 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://jw-russia.org/en/news/19012718-583.html

Oryol Update: Christensen Trial to Continue on January 30, 2019

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Local time in Oryol right now: 0140Hrs, 30 January 2019....

Br. Christensen is not alone!

We won't forget you
We are your family
We won't ignore you
We will not fail to see
We'll take your hand
We'll help you stand
We'll help you carry on
We won't forget you
We are your family.”

8 minutes ago, Skye said:

Local time in Oryol right now: 0140Hrs, 30 January 2019....

Br. Christensen is not alone!

We won't forget you
We are your family
We won't ignore you
We will not fail to see
We'll take your hand
We'll help you stand
We'll help you carry on
We won't forget you
We are your family.”

His hearing is in about 9 hours from now...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

January 30, 2019, in Oryol, the concluding pleadings in the case of Dennis Christensen have with the defendant giving his final statement.

Judge Aleksey Rudnev announced that he is taking several days to render his decision. The verdict will be announced in court on February 6, 2019 at 11:00.

Dennis is ever-smiling! He truly has the joy that only Jehovah can provide. 

(I wonder what’s going on in the mind if the smiling policemen? Hope it’s Dennis’ infectious smile doing the rounds)

Picture taken from this article: https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/russia/Verdict-for-Dennis-Christensen-Scheduled-for-February-6-2019/

F0D021FC-965A-4B78-B92A-0988F27FD465.jpeg

https://jw-russia.org/en/news/19020122-590.html

The Full Transcript of the Last Word of Dennis Christensen Is Available in Russian   ....translate with google...

At first, I want to thank my beloved wife Irina for her support and for her attention and love for me....

I also want to thank all my friends who attended the court sessions with me.

Your honor, Mr. Rudnev, I want to thank you for allowing me....

having telephone conversations with my wife, father and sister, as well as what I was able to get in prison for a date with my wife 2 times a month. Thank!

I want to thank especially my lawyers...

The prosecution asks me to condemn me to 6 and a half years in prison. But for what? 

Six and a half years because I am an honest person who respects the laws ..................

Six and a half years for nothing! This is definitely unfair. Conversely, it is absolutely stupid and insane.

READ for yourself.....it's heartbreaking....and a great witness!!!

On 1/30/2019 at 5:41 AM, Tortuga said:

The verdict will be announced in court on February 6, 2019 at 11:00.

The verdict is in about 3.5 hours

He will be in our prayers tonight! ❤️ 

It's 10:15am in Oryol, Russia right now so the verdict will happen in around 45 minutes. Please keep Dear Brother Christensen and His family in your prayers. These court cases could set a precedent for the others who are already under arrest and those who will be arrested in the future. :*(  

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

https://jw-russia.org/en/news/19020612-593.html

He has been sentenced to 6 years in prison.

The decision has not entered into force. His lawyers believe the verdict is unreasonable and will be appealing the decision. Meanwhile, Dennis Christensen will remain in Detention Facility No. 1 in the Oryol Region, where he has already spent 622 days. 

Just now, Bluebell said:

https://jw-russia.org/en/news/19020612-593.html

He has been sentenced to 6 years in prison.

The decision has not entered into force. His lawyers believe the verdict is unreasonable and will be appealing the decision. Meanwhile, Dennis Christensen will remain in Detention Facility No. 1 in the Oryol Region, where he has already spent 622 days. 

During A-day, maybe the angel who got Peter free will ask to do it also for Dennis. :D

Maybe it will be Peter himself :D 

“We deeply regret the conviction of Denis Christensen,” said Yaroslav Sivulsky, a representative of the European Association of Jehovah’s Witnesses. “An innocent man who did not commit any real crime was convicted. It is sad that reading the Bible, preaching, and living a moral way of life is again a criminal offense in Russia.”

This brings us a step closer to Daniel 11:45...

And he will plant his royal tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration; and he (King of the North) will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

This decision is really hard to stomach. I was really hoping after enduring so much already that they would just let him go back to his family now. But of course not. That would just be too close to the right and decent thing to do. 

The end of this horrible system can not come fast enough. 

He’ll be alright. Compared to other prisoners, he can hold his head high. He committed no crime in the eyes of God. Deep down, I’m sure he and all of us, really, knew that the outcome in a court under the King of the North could be nothing else. Convicted in a puppet show for something that morally isn’t even a crime.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”