JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pyongyang's denuclearization may proceed speedily: official

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2161 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=248871

Moves to denuclearize North Korea are expected to proceed speedily this time, due to a determination by the leaders of the two Koreas and the United States to achieve that goal, a ranking South Korean government official said Friday.

The official told Korean reporters here that the dismantling of North Korea's nuclear weapons program will likely proceed at a speed far faster than under any other similar nuclear accords of the past.

"Implementation of a (denuclearization) agreement is expected to proceed swiftly if the leaders are committed to the deal," the official said.

Regarding the upcoming North Korea-U.S. summit talks, the official said, "The goal is complete, verifiable and irreversible dismantlement. How to reach the destination will depend on an agreement between the North Korean and U.S. leaders."

I wonder how much radiation contamination and hazardous waste was created by their nuclear testing. I wonder if the USA will be cleaning up the mess...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This whole thing is weird and is happening very rapidly. The whole 180 done by Kim Jong Un, meetings with world leaders, meeting with Trump scheduled soon, no more testing, plans to dismantle nuclear test site by the end of May and celebrate.. If negotiations ended up taking as long as Iran's, I'd be very surprised. 

Edited to add that even people in the world think this is strange because of how quick and easy it's looking. 

Edited by Saffron

20 minutes ago, Saffron said:

This whole thing is weird and is happening very rapidly. The whole 180 done by Kim Jong Un, meetings with world leaders, meeting with Trump scheduled soon, no more testing, plans to dismantle nuclear test site by the end of May and celebrate.. If negotiations ended up taking as long as Iran's, I'd be very surprised. 

Edited to add that even people in the world think this is strange because of how quick and easy it's looking. 

Makes me think something went terribly wrong when that mountain they were exploding those nukes under collapsed. :unsure:

As North Korea's president pledges to "denuclearize" the Korean peninsula, an international team of scientists is publishing the most detailed view yet of the site of the country's latest and largest underground nuclear test on Sept. 3, 2017.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180510150045.htm

528906349_ScreenHunter_01May_1211_42.gif.37a24fef7edf9446fcaea8d9d6cf4fcf.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Makes me think something went terribly wrong when that mountain they were exploding those nukes under collapsed. :unsure:

528906349_ScreenHunter_01May_1211_42.gif.37a24fef7edf9446fcaea8d9d6cf4fcf.gif

So, since the North Koreans already accidently blew up their site - they might as well get paid for it???

That's doesn't sound like some quick ideological turn around, but rather like a way to get some money and sanction relief while rebuilding what was accidently destroyed.

One could hope that they get used to the money and decide its better than having nukes, but that would take some time to see, eh?

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

25 minutes ago, Saffron said:

He couldn't just use other sites and carry on as he had been? 

It will take years to build a new site and he is going to need mnoney and resources (that will be easier to get once sanctions are lifted).

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

7 minutes ago, trottigy said:

It will take years to build a new site and he is going to need mnoney and resources (that will be easier to get once sanctions are lifted).

He probably sold everything to Iran anyway...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

16 hours ago, JW-Ind said:

The goal is complete, verifiable and irreversible dismantlement. How to reach the destination will depend on an agreement between the North Korean and U.S. leaders."

Seems to me that the fastest way to dismantle a nuke bomb would be to stick it in a hole somewhere and blow it up...you know,  like in a cave or something. 

That would be quick,  wouldn't it? 

:peace:

5 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Seems to me that the fastest way to dismantle a nuke bomb would be to stick it in a hole somewhere and blow it up...you know,  like in a cave or something. 

I think they have already done that and may have found the price to be too high, so now they want to abandon a program already broken.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

48 minutes ago, Old said:

I think they have already done that and may have found the price to be too high, so now they want to abandon a program already broken.

I think they just run out of money to support economy long term ..all those sanctions squeezed them a lot.

Even China is doing it ..., Kim does not have many choices at the moment.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I think they just run out of money to support economy long term ..all those sanctions squeezed them a lot.

Even China is doing it ..., Kim does not have many choices at the moment.

Ultimately, “it’s the economy stupid”

Nuclear technology is is an indulgence that only the super rich nations can afford.

On 5/12/2018 at 9:58 AM, Dustparticle said:

Revelation 16;13, 14b, the False Prophet is the Anglo-Amerian Power. Peace treat  like this and other in the near future Is demonic and decieving.

This is fascinating.. I want to research this more and share with my family. My MIL ran in excitedly saying "this is it!"and thinks it will all happen in October.  Now isn't that getting a bit ahead of things? I told her we need to wait and stay alert but not be stating definitively about when or what  statements made by any world leaders who are known to use fanciful terminology  this can be very deceiving. Now I saw this post ans its what I was thinking, I'd like to have a clearer understanding of it. 🤓

22 hours ago, Old said:

Oh yeah,  I was just goofin around. .

One thing that you already know about me is that I enjoy lighthearted banter.

If it's not a serious subject and you can't definitively tell I'm being serious,  well, I'm probably joking.

I kinda giggle when I see things like NK denuclearization in the news.  When Soviet Union when bankrupt in the early 90s, the US and Europe bailed them out in exchange for a few changes on their part. Now they are more dangerous than ever before.  NK will make a few changes to get an influx of money and then back to their old self, as I see it.  Maybe the saying of peace and security this time will lead the world to the GT, only Jah knows.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On 5/13/2018 at 12:34 PM, tekmantwo said:

Nah, too much messy paperwork evicting Croods from the caves LOL 😂

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 5/12/2018 at 8:16 AM, Dustparticle said:

Events like this might lead to Peace and Security.

If I may please....1 Thes. 5:13 "Whenever it is they are saying. 'Peace and Security!" Then sudden destruction will be instantly upon them..." If this IS it...might not be....but it won't last a second! 

And then it begins (or is that ends):

North Korea Postpones Talks With South Korea; Decision Is Surprise https://nyti.ms/2GhLInC

Soon .....

Seoul eyes '99.9% chance of Kim-Trump meeting taking place as planned'

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=249377

President Moon Jae-in arrived in Washington, D.C., Tuesday, for talks with U.S. President Donald Trump today about North Korea's denuclearization.

His visit comes almost three weeks before Trump's planned summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in Singapore, June 12, following Moon's April 27 summit with Kim.

"In usual summits, working- and high-level officials make almost all agreements in advance; but there is no pre-set scenario for this meeting, and Moon and Trump will exchange their ideas spontaneously," Moon's security chief Chung Eui-yong told reporters on a plane bound for the U.S. capital.

Despite North Korea's recent protests, Chung said the chances of the North cancelling the Trump-Kim summit is almost zero, showing a positive expectation.

Asked about the chance of the Trump-Kim summit being held amid North Korea's protests, Chung said, "We see a 99.9 percent of chance of it happening."

I wonder if they are asking the right question(s). Sure the summit is likely to happen. 

It seems to me the right question is - will there be any positive change as a result of that summit? 

There is change now without out it. NK is wiping away the remnants of their already destroyed nuclear testing area. Is that so they can rebuild it there or elsewhere? What guarantees can be put into place to ensure they dont rebuild? 

It will be interesting to see the answers as time moves forward.

Soon .....