JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for June 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2108 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That was a favorite part for me too. We can always find something to be grateful for. Jehovah has given us this most beautiful earth to enjoy. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I really enjoyed it.
I noticed the brothers emphasized several people or groups of people, such as the Kenites, who exemplified humility and being okay with working behind the scenes.
I find that and a recent Watchtower study, draws to mind the importance of not seeking a position, but being okay with just being humble and with any assignment. I find we're being reminded of this a lot lately.
I like how the brother brought out, I think in the part with the keel

ability with humility is stability but
ability without humility is a liability

Not sure if its been specifically mentioned, but what struck me with this first part of the Gilead meeting was its focus was more on stabilizing and strengthening our fellow brothers and sisters than a focus on witnessing itself. To me, I really felt that its yet another program that shows that Jehovah, through the faithful and discreet slave know how hard the struggle we face in these days of the end.

Stop and Reset. Stabilize. Forgive. Supplicate. The example with Ruth and Naomi, put in a light I'd never thought of before.

Jehovah loves those He has collected together, and it really comes through. Who would have thought five years ago we would have had these monthly broadcasts, AND straight from the mouths of Jehovah's slave on earth.

Edited by Mini

grammatical mistakes fixed

And being keels like Ruth and Boaz is of great value ... even if we aren't seen by others, Jehovah sees the keels ... and look at the blessings Ruth and Boaz became to Naomi!

Yeah my mum died the same year the broadcastings started but a few months prior can't wait to tell her about them she would have loved them.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, Stormswift said:

can't wait to tell her about them she would have loved them.

Aww she would have indeed...

Same here, my dad died 20years ago this year! He would have absolutely loved them, especially as he could have watched them all in his ‘mother tongue’- Italian- he struggled so much with the english language! 😔

Once again, there is a song included for us in "The Inside Story." We were treated to Song 129: "We Will Keep Enduring." It was beautifully rendered, in my opinion. WOWW, what marvels Jehovah has created, to make voices that are able to sing so beauteously! I have converted the song to mp3 format for those who would enjoy listening to it on their iPhones or other electronic device. It's in my collection of songs.

You cannot preach when you are squooshed.

:D

I need to remember that quote the next time I'm put in a car group where I'm 'squooshed' into a backseat.^_^

Those Unity machines are awesome!!!

What a delightful and faith-strengthening broadcast!!! :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

144th Gilead Graduation - The Inside Story

JWB June 2018 - Gilead Graduation - The Inside Story.pdf

Thanks for taking the time to do this for us, Brother William.💙

My post above should say, "You cannot be effective if you are squished."^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 7/1/2018 at 5:20 AM, DavidMc said:

I made a formatted pdf using the subtitles of the 144th Gilead Graduation - Concluding Talk and Assignments. Here's the pdf file:

144th Gilead Graduation - Concluding Talk and Assignments.pdf

David, thanks very much for the transcript.

I've added some missing text to the transcript:

Brother and Sister de Rooij will be returning to the Netherlands.

(some text missing here)

interchange of encouragement with our new group of friends.

JWB June 2018 - 144th Gilead Graduation - Concluding Talk & Assignments.pdf

Edited by WilliamChew

9 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

I've added some missing text to the transcript:

Not at all sure what missing text you mean. I downloaded the pdf file in question that I'd uploaded and checked through it.

You say there is text missing between "Brother and Sister de Rooij will be returning to the Netherlands." and "interchange of encouragement with our new group of friends..."

That is a whole page missing in your copy. The copy of the file I uploaded and the file I downloaded to check both contain this 'missing' page. So not at all sure what happened to your copy of the pdf file. Please download it again and check the page is actually missing. Try opening it in a different reader.

If I actually have missed out text I apologize and will be doubly careful next time I submit a pdf file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 7:51 PM, DavidMc said:

Not at all sure what missing text you mean. I downloaded the pdf file in question that I'd uploaded and checked through it.

You say there is text missing between "Brother and Sister de Rooij will be returning to the Netherlands." and "interchange of encouragement with our new group of friends..."

That is a whole page missing in your copy. The copy of the file I uploaded and the file I downloaded to check both contain this 'missing' page. So not at all sure what happened to your copy of the pdf file. Please download it again and check the page is actually missing. Try opening it in a different reader.

If I actually have missed out text I apologize and will be doubly careful next time I submit a pdf file.

David, I'm very sorry. You are right. I made a mistake. Your copy is all right.

Sorry for the late reply as we had our RC last week.

Thanks again for your hard work.