JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What news are you sick of hearing?

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

This morning at the meeting for service  the conductor pointed out that the news barely talks about disasters, it's too focused on politics instead. 

Yep .. the planet is dying but is more important to discuss private lives of politicians it appears.

Everybody lost the plot big way... Satan is helping a lot in this regard. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 3 weeks later...

Elizabeth Warren is 1/32nd Native American!!!!!!!! I wouldn't be surprised to see her attending powwows saying "my people!"
As if, at least 80% of the US population isn't at least 1/32nd Native American lol.

Either way, it never accomplished anything.

Edited by Katty

Harry and Meghan!!  They are in Oz at the moment and there's a constant barrage form the media about how cutesy and wonderful they are.   While I'm sure they are very 'sweet'  people as they hug teenagers and getting beards tickled, we don't really need to hear about every nuance of their life. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Katty said:

There is so much politics injected into the news as it is; it will likely get worse after tomorrow (midterm elections in the US). I think I might take a break from news for a bit.

I took a break ( to the degree possible ) years ago . I tore the satellite dish off of the house and shipped it back. No TV

Katty...that same thought is been invading my brain a lot lately....per the news...I've always 

been a news hound...even as a elementary school kid...I am just an inquisitive type I suppose.  Lately,

though, I decided to try and cut back on my news viewing...I am making progress!

Part of the problem is how the world is in such chaos.......it can get to us if we let it. :blush: :blink:

Just now, Old said:

Anything with the name Kardashian in it.

I'm getting to the point where I dont want to hear anything described as a Star.

Movie star, sport star, rock star....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 8:05 PM, nanceebgd46 said:

Katty...that same thought is been invading my brain a lot lately....per the news...I've always 

been a news hound...even as a elementary school kid...I am just an inquisitive type I suppose.  Lately,

though, I decided to try and cut back on my news viewing...I am making progress!

Part of the problem is how the world is in such chaos.......it can get to us if we let it. :blush: :blink:

true, and the news is also so divisive.

On 11/6/2018 at 3:05 PM, nanceebgd46 said:

nanceebgd46. Then I guess I'm letting it get to me I suppose. So much on the mind, not as in content or numbers but just living in this fifth. 

I like to keep up with current events and find a scripture that relates so I'm prepared when a householder brings up the subject. BUT, I can only take so much of it and then I go to JW.org or the broadcast to "cleanse my palate" before I do anything else.  If the world's news is the last thing I hear it can ruin my day.  It makes my heart go out to those whose only hope for the future is a corrupt politician, material possessions, or a survivalist compound.

Oh, and the expression "baby bump" has been so over used it drives me bonkers.

Public funerals, and all that goes with the death of, “someone important in this system”.

OT, when and if resurrected, how funny it will be for some of these noted ones to find out they are merely a human, like the rest of us, and, btw, they need to be sheeplike! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

1 hour ago, Miss Bea said:

Public funerals, and all that goes with the death of, “someone important in this system”.

OT, when and if resurrected, how funny it will be for some of these noted ones to find out they are merely a human, like the rest of us, and, btw, they need to be sheeplike! 

I sometimes think of certain people who will be resurrected like old European royals or American slave owners who are used to keeping servants, Egyptian kings that thought they had holy blood and could only marry relatives, and the Kumari Goddesses who feet have never even touched the ground as they are deemed too holy. It's going to take a lot of patience and perhaps a slice of humble pie, for them to accept being submissive to Jehovah and His son. We all bleed the same, and yet so many people look down on their fellow mankind.

5 hours ago, lovejoypeace said:

I sometimes think of certain people who will be resurrected like old European royals or American slave owners who are used to keeping servants, Egyptian kings that thought they had holy blood and could only marry relatives, and the Kumari Goddesses who feet have never even touched the ground as they are deemed too holy. It's going to take a lot of patience and perhaps a slice of humble pie, for them to accept being submissive to Jehovah and His son. We all bleed the same, and yet so many people look down on their fellow mankind.

You're absolutely right. I sometimes think of them too, especially the slave masters as they see and observe the interracial love we have. 

Yet I strongly doubt there'll be too much of a problem when they wake up. 

They'll be shocked yes, and probably outraged at the love and harmony of everything, but I doubt Jehovah will allow anything to mar the peace of the new world. Even when others will try to destroy the peace when they gather at the end of the thousand years again Jehovah will not allow their conduct to continue. 

My, isnt it wonderful to know the future? Yep!

On 12/7/2018 at 10:59 AM, Miss Bea said:

They will indeed be shocked to find out that they're not "all that."