JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Royal Wedding

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2161 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Well, since it was more about the people, their "station" (you know - royal ... after all, they are just people), the fancy building used for false worship and the pomp and ceremony and not about Jehovah's institution of marriage ..... not so sure it was all that beautiful .... at least, not for me.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

44 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Well, since it was more about the people, their "station" (you know - royal ... after all, they are just people), the fancy building used for false worship and the pomp and ceremony and not about Jehovah's institution of marriage ..... not so sure it was all that beautiful .... at least, not for me.

Bloomin’ Republicans!

:raspberry:

My wife watched it and being a good husband who is smart enough to know a good opportunity earn brownie points when I see one, I sat with her and put my arm around her and pretended to be interested. I was surprised they risked using an open horse drawn carriage in today's world, I was worried about a shooter taking them both out on live global TV.  I did notice the heavy police coverage facing the crowd. Looked like they were armed and I saw at least one had a sniper rifle with a scope. I imagine that they had orders if anyone pulled a gun, they were to take them out with a quick head shot. I saw many in the crowd taking pictures with large black cameras that could be mistaken for a gun. I was relieved the broadcast was uneventful. The police I saw on TV were probably just the tip of the iceberg, far more must have been involved in sweeping the area before hand, doing background checks on locals, screening visitors, snipers on roof tops and undercover officers in the crowds. That is the reality behind the seemingly peaceful royal wedding, any peace is an illusion because the world is not a peaceful place. You have to go through security to enter Disneyland, an amusement park. In Orlando, Florida, Disney World security by their presence, kept the Orlando shooter from attacking the crowds in the park. Instead, he killed 49 in a gay night club in Orlando. If not for the security checks, that shooting may have been on Main street in the Magic Kingdom at WDW. This is the real world that we live in. Beautiful royal weddings or walking down Main Street in Magic Kingdom, is an illusion of peace, like being in the calm of the eye of a hurricane, surrounded by a circle of security to keep the bad people out. Another school shooting in Texas yesterday, need more security. The world can't get enough security to keep everyone safe. Eventuality if you get enough armed guards you will get one that turns and shoots what they are suppose to be protecting. That was my other worry watching the royal wedding carriage going by the long line of police on each side of the road. This world isn't safe and never will be, and it is getting worse everyday, used to be you didn't have to go through any security to go on a plane, enter an amusement park or attend a wedding. The Kingdom is the only solution.

2 hours ago, 4th Generation said:

Ok. So I said I would stay off mainstream media ....  but. How beautiful was the Royal Wedding. 

Don’t know yet. But, I am sure I will find out! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Wedding... what wedding? 

Missed it again..🙈😳

Sort of hard to miss, every news channel trying to dissect it and it’s meaning for the House of Windsor ... and who wore what.

But at the very least marriage is still honoured by some and that is a good thing ... 😊

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

I know some like to live in a fairytale world but I can’t stomach all the creature glorifying. Like watching the different awards shows. When I was younger I thought it was cool. Now I see it for what it is. Don’t want any part of it....but that’s just me. If others enjoy that kind of thing, to each his own. :coffee:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

The wedding was lovely, with the exception of the church and guest screaming preacher for the bride.  Please, Jehovah let your day be close at hand, I can't take anymore of false religion.  Between the arch-bishop and the pastor for the bride was horrific.  You could see the audience get jittery, and they laughed.  You could also see it in their faces there is no belief in God.   The only one I really like was the cellist who played while they were in the back signing the book of matrimony.  Please, hope the end comes soon!  I did not get up at 4am to watch this stupidity.  I watched the recaps, the first thing for recap that popped on my screen was the "pastor" for Megan Merkle Windsor.   Blind guides all of them! 

5 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

I know some like to live in a fairytale world but I can’t stomach all the creature glorifying.

This is what I was thinking. I saw a lot of that in that sermon that the preacher was yelling at the couple. I didn't catch the entire sermon, but the parts I heard did not include marital responsibilities and remaining faithful, nor God's view of divorce, nor loving your spouse as your own body.

He may have said that before I tuned in, but he spent at least 15 minutes praising the efforts of man and saying that love would cure poverty, things unrelated to marriage sermon.

2 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

The wedding was lovely, with the exception of the church and guest screaming preacher for the bride. 

LOL you said EXACLTY what I said and saw what I saw.

I thought she looked beautiful and her dress was stunning and modest.

I do agree about the Pastor,  I thought he was aiming for a Oscar :D

And some of the faces they showed were in disbelief at him!  

If you skip over the religious aspect of the occasion,  then I thought it looked like they had a wonderful day. .. The sun shone and Windsor Castle is a amazing setting.

My cousin trains sniffer dogs and it was many of his dogs that they used!  A proud moment for him I think. 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

5 hours ago, Wm-Scott said:

My wife watched it and being a good husband who is smart enough to know a good opportunity earn brownie points when I see one, I sat with her and put my arm around her and pretended to be interested. I was surprised they risked using an open horse drawn carriage in today's world, I was worried about a shooter taking them both out on live global TV.  I did notice the heavy police coverage facing the crowd. Looked like they were armed and I saw at least one had a sniper rifle with a scope. I imagine that they had orders if anyone pulled a gun, they were to take them out with a quick head shot. I saw many in the crowd taking pictures with large black cameras that could be mistaken for a gun. I was relieved the broadcast was uneventful. The police I saw on TV were probably just the tip of the iceberg, far more must have been involved in sweeping the area before hand, doing background checks on locals, screening visitors, snipers on roof tops and undercover officers in the crowds. That is the reality behind the seemingly peaceful royal wedding, any peace is an illusion because the world is not a peaceful place. You have to go through security to enter Disneyland, an amusement park. In Orlando, Florida, Disney World security by their presence, kept the Orlando shooter from attacking the crowds in the park. Instead, he killed 49 in a gay night club in Orlando. If not for the security checks, that shooting may have been on Main street in the Magic Kingdom at WDW. This is the real world that we live in. Beautiful royal weddings or walking down Main Street in Magic Kingdom, is an illusion of peace, like being in the calm of the eye of a hurricane, surrounded by a circle of security to keep the bad people out. Another school shooting in Texas yesterday, need more security. The world can't get enough security to keep everyone safe. Eventuality if you get enough armed guards you will get one that turns and shoots what they are suppose to be protecting. That was my other worry watching the royal wedding carriage going by the long line of police on each side of the road. This world isn't safe and never will be, and it is getting worse everyday, used to be you didn't have to go through any security to go on a plane, enter an amusement park or attend a wedding. The Kingdom is the only solution.

I remember for the wedding of Charles and Diana (1981?) it being mentioned the police facing the crowd were under strict orders not to turn around when the royal carriage went past. I don’t remember any turning around, it’s what I was mostly watching for iirc! I expect these officers were under the same orders too, but there were plenty turning their head and watching. So - what were they for exactly, at that critical moment?

#boringBitAlert

I think I tend to worry for the whole of the security forces! I used to notice how unprotected police stations etc were that I had worked at. No parking restrictions, bollards etc. But a lot has changed in recent years according to Google Earth.

(For example, we had some rooms to paint inside Reigate Fire Station/Training Centre/Command Centre? etc. They just told us the 4 digit PIN for the side door, beginning with zero, and let us wander about anywhere, carrying anything. It was about 30 years ago, but that was when the I.R.A. were very active.)

Hey, you’ve made it this far. You can read this bit! I remember be about 20ft up a ladder at a police station painting an open window while all the unclaimed proceeds of crimes were laid out on a long table for victims to look over. I had no lapel badge or anything.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

8 hours ago, Wm-Scott said:

The world can't get enough security to keep everyone safe. Eventuality if you get enough armed guards you will get one that turns and shoots what they are suppose to be protecting. 

Anyone remember Anwar Sadat?

Aside from the false religious aspect and the screaming preacher whom I ended up muting and went and washed dishes because I couldn't stand him anymore, the royal family and the traditions of the UK bring in a lot of money for the country.  The huge crowds in Windsor yesterday, many from Australia, Canada and the US would have brought in many more tourist pounds than normal due to the wedding over and above what they would normally bring in.

Many people hark on about how much this wedding cost the taxpayers with all their pomp and ceremony but here is a bit of information:

•Family brings in 400 million a year in private revenue that under the “ sovereign act 2011” the government keeps £360 million of.
•Family brings in £1.8 billion per year in tourism. 
•Country better off by £2.1 billion a year. 
° The wedding is paid for by the Royal heritage and private funding not the tax payer and that includes her dress! 
° The tax payer will pay for the public security not private security. The same way the tax payer pays for public security at football matches etc.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Even on mute that preacher’s body language was ugly. Constantly trying to get confirmation that he was smart or whatever. Had to stop looking. Though I caught a glimpse of some of the celebs trying not to laugh as their ears were tickled.

Did they do the wave from the balcony later at Buck Pal?

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

7 minutes ago, 4th Generation said:

That preacher was so passionate. 

Your too kind. I thought he cross the line over to showboating. They draw more attention to themselves than their message. More fluff than substance.

Seems like some laugh at them while others eat it up. :worship: :devil2:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

35 minutes ago, 4th Generation said:

That preacher was so passionate. He made me laugh. 

To me,  it was all about the preacher, his 15 minutes of fame,  he was a embarrassment if you ask me.

If he wanted to speak about love, at least he could have read 1 Co 13: 1-13 and sat down.  Even Harry looked angry and could not believe he was hijacking his wedding, turning it into a regular  American church service.  

Just my 2 cents.