JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Royal Wedding

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2139 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

9 hours ago, rlyem said:

No

Anwar Sadat was a U.S. supported King of Egypt that was assassinated by his own troops, while they were driving in front of the grandstand, while he was there reviewing his Special Forces troops. 

There were 4 assassins, they used handgrenades and AK47 assault rifles, killed him and a few others near him.

One shooter was killed attempting to escape,  the 3 others were executed after a trial...

I have a tendency to think of things like that when there's a large event like the one that  happened today...

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

Anwar Sadat was a U.S. supported King of Egypt that was assassinated by his own troops, while they were driving in front of the grandstand, while he was there reviewing his Special Forces troops. 

There were 4 assassins, they used handgrenades and AK47 assault rifles, killed him and a few others near him.

One shooter was killed attempting to escape,  the 3 others were executed after a trial...

I have a tendency to think of things like that when there's a large event like the one that  happened today...

Yes but ... the wedding was wonderful 

46 minutes ago, 4th Generation said:

the wedding was wonderfu

I was pretty certain it would be,  knowing how British Royalty loves their traditions and pomp and ceremony. 

I didn't watch any of it, I caught a qwik glimpse of things when I was checking channels,  none of it appeals to me so that was that.

I will check with Sis Hazel tomorrow,  she lived in London a lot of years,  she loves that stuff  (I think? )

2 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I was pretty certain it would be,  knowing how British Royalty loves their traditions and pomp and ceremony. 

Not just royalty loves it .. most Brits do too -  I think because it's part of our heritage. There's something very romantic and historic about it.  I always say I' won't watch but I get drawn in every time. I just can't help myself, I love it. 

The thing I don't love is the media hype and carry on before the event.  If you love it, you don't need it. If you hate it, you don't need it either. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

As I knew I would, I caught up with it in the general news. Yes, it was beautiful. 

But, in a way, they live in a fairytale existence. They want ones to give to charities, no gifts. Basically, good people. 

But, it’s like, if you live in a self created paradise,  do you want Jehovah’s paradise? That’s the bottom line. 

I think I’m closing down. On this system. 

Having a serious spell of depression. Maybe that’s why. 

Oh well. Yes, it was beautiful. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

8 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

As I knew I would, I caught up with it in the general news. Yes, it was beautiful. 

But, in a way, they live in a fairytale existence. They want ones to give to charities, no gifts. Basically, good people. 

But, it’s like, if you live in a self created paradise,  do you want Jehovah’s paradise? That’s the bottom line. 

I think I’m closing down. On this system. 

Having a serious spell of depression. Maybe that’s why. 

Oh well. Yes, it was beautiful. 

No. Not just depression, unless I have it too. Things of this system have lost their lustre for me too, no longer important like they used to be. Maybe just more focused on the New System, to get through life today.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."