JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum

This is the cover and related news article planned for the International Newsweek magazine for 1st June.

It's supposed to be issued in the U.S. as well... but the Magazine will have a different cover not the one shown below. 

Edited by anniebea

This is about to come out as as the international version. According to the creative director, the US cover will be different, but the story will be in there. 

I feel shocked at seeing this, but don't know what to think. 

Screenshot_20180522-154855_Instagram_crop_432x638.jpg

This Newsweek cover is indeed quite telling!  When was the last time an internationally recognized magazine focused on Jehovah's Witnesses regarding any matter?

This is very interesting.

Edited by Omoyeme

Sister V, that's not unusual.  I've heard of people (in the past) referring to us as "Bible thumpers", even disrespectful terms as "Jesus freaks" and "those crazy JW's", and a couple of other names I won't mention here.  In these "last minutes" of STD's system, people's hearts are showing now, more than ever where they ultimately stand: (1) either with Jehovah and His reigning Son Jesus or, (2) the world controlled by God's staunch adversary.  

The time of Judgement is rapidly approaching! :bible2:

1 hour ago, Saffron said:

Bible Thumpers? Is that what people think we are?

Here's the definition from Wikipedia:

Someone perceived as aggressively imposing their Christian beliefs upon others. The term derives from preachers thumping their hands down on the Bible, or thumping the Bible itself, to emphasize a point during a sermon.

While the organization has been discouraging this attitude, the reputation is not entirely unwarranted.

2 minutes ago, Stavro said:

While the organization has been discouraging this attitude, the reputation is not entirely unwarranted.

Why is that? Is it from back in the day where people may have been more aggressive? I've heard stories of witnesses putting their foot in the door to stop it from being closed, but I doubt that happens now. 

I don't perceive it this way because we don't impose anything on anyone. We speak to people. If they are interested, we continue discussions. If not, we go way. Nothing forceful there. 

Just now, Saffron said:

Why is that? Is it from back in the day where people may have been more aggressive?

A handful of older ones still are just as aggressive as ever, though these are in the extreme minority today.

Regardless of our current approach, the fact remains that we were full fledged "Bible Thumpers" for nearly a century, and that reputation isn't going to disappear overnight.

2 hours ago, Saffron said:

I feel shocked at seeing this, but don't know what to think

Yeah, I feel a little bit disappointed,  they told us the covers were Sister proof---

(ducking and running away, quickly)

I remember those days when we had 8 minute - 3 scripture presentation in the KM .... and we were instructed NOT to put our foot in the door to hold it open .... and you know, we were told that because many some were doing that very thing.

Things are heading one way. I saw that cover earlier, and it hurt. Yes, international attention is being drawn to our situation in Russia. And that situation in Russia is happening to our dear friends. To see our bible with that bears claw...

When things start tumbling, get out of the way, and be on the right side. It’s going to happen fast.

Now, what were the three principles brother Luccioni listed? 

7 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Yeah, I feel a little bit disappointed,  they told us the covers were Sister proof---

(ducking and running away, quickly)

You’d better! Run and duck! Yes, quickly!

3 hours ago, Saffron said:

This is about to come out as as the international version. According to the creative director, the US cover will be different, but the story will be in there. 

I feel shocked at seeing this, but don't know what to think. 

Screenshot_20180522-154855_Instagram_crop_432x638.jpg

I see this as another poke at Jehovah's eyeball.