JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1866 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 5/24/2018 at 6:04 PM, Omoyeme said:

However, Newsweek is an internationally reputable magazine and, along with their website, this major media source are further exposing the strong-arm/unjust tactics of the Russian authorities.  Also, other news sources will pick-up and reference this article around the worldwide web; thousands, if not millions - pro or against - will share the article through Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sources.

It is almost as though the earth comes to the aid of the woman.

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

On 5/29/2018 at 1:50 PM, normaclutter said:

I wonder if the traffic on jw.org has increased since the newsweek article.

I checked Alexa a short while ago and captured this screenshot. From what I can ascertain, there has been a notable increase in web traffic from September 2017, and a continued increase in traffic within the last several months when the RF was shutting down all aspects of JW worship from the July 2017 appellate court ruling. (The exception from this chart being the downward turn in February of this year.)

People/onlookers are sitting up and taking notice and can see for themselves at jw.org that there's nothing extremist about who we are and our beliefs. (I'm happy though that our site can now be accessed in the RF.)

Screenshot_2018-06-03-02-33-48.png

Edited by Omoyeme

Yes.

58 minutes ago, Guri said:

Thank you for the link. 

Its not just that we are included in the list of religious websites but we are on top of the list, the first! I think!  

Nice. :) 

Yes.

• 2 months later...
On 6/1/2018 at 10:00 PM, Old said:

Whoops! Didn'tread the fine print. :(

Apparently according to Newsweek the International edition is a digital only one. The only hardcopy is the one with Bernie Sanders on the cover but the articles inside are exactly the same as the International digital copy and even has the bear claw picture on the inside pg. 2 cover. You can obtain a copy from ebay at "lisa.joeywit" that user has about a 1,000 Bibles and items of interest to Jehovah's Witnesses such as books and Bibles the Society has quoted from in our publications as well as this Newsweek magazine.

8 minutes ago, Bruceq said:

Apparently according to Newsweek the International edition is a digital only one. The only hardcopy is the one with Bernie Sanders on the cover but the articles inside are exactly the same as the International digital copy and even has the bear claw picture on the inside pg. 2 cover. You can obtain a copy from ebay at "lisa.joeywit" that user has about a 1,000 Bibles and items of interest to Jehovah's Witnesses such as books and Bibles the Society has quoted from in our publications as well as this Newsweek magazine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392103187160

On 6/3/2018 at 9:49 PM, Guri said:

Thank you for the link. 

Its not just that we are included in the list of religious websites but we are on top of the list, the first! I think!  

Nice. :) 

Not only that but we have been at the top since January 2017 consistently and growing at a much larger margin away from all other 46,000 current active religious websites. Even more telling however is that out of 1.9 Billion websites JW.ORG is #1 most translated website on earth which of course the true religion would be since Jehovah's people share the truth "to the ends of the earth".

I love using this info out in service. For example someone gives you the conversation stopper "I have my own religion" then I reply "Then you must be familiar with JW.ORG the # 1 most visited religious website? Then I show them as it peaks their curiosity as to why our website beats theirs as well as all others. Some 5.8 Billion people on earth now have access to the Internet which means all of them are seconds away from JW.ORG the first time in all human history that the truth is now accessible to most of the worlds population as the end draws near. {Jehovah will draw those rightly disposed to everlasting life}.

Edited by Bruceq

On 8/17/2018 at 8:40 AM, Bruceq said:

This Newsweek edition about Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia is back available again on ebay here https://www.ebay.com/itm/392109775526

9 hours ago, rocket said:

It is not the European version however, it is the US version with Bernie Sanders on the cover.

Yes the other one is digital only. This is the only version you can get a physical copy if one wants a physical rather than a digital one.

39 minutes ago, Bruceq said:

Yes the other one is digital only. This is the only version you can get a physical copy if one wants a physical rather than a digital one.

I like having the physical copy [with Bernie on the cover] not only does it have the Russian claw on our Bible on pg.2 but it mentions the full article along with Putin calling the campaign against Jehovah's Witnesses "Operation Judgement Day". I have shown it to my studies and even used it in a Public talk, it gives much more force having a physical copy of something rather than just showing a digital internet copy. One of my studies even became convinced because of Russia's actions that JW's must be the true faith otherwise why all the attention to Jehovah's Witnesses by such a powerful Government? Usually they just ignore Jehovah's Witnesses but something very interesting is going on in the world right now.

Edited by Bruceq

2 hours ago, Bruceq said:

That is what I understood also until someone in Austria showed me a pic of the European version available to her that had the picture on the cover.

20180825_074311.png

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

1 hour ago, rocket said:

That is what I understood also until someone in Austria showed me a pic of the European version available to her that had the picture on the cover.

20180825_074311.png

Yes it was in limited supply at first but it was gone very quickly according to Newsweek so it is only digital now. Now only this one remains available  https://www.ebay.com/itm/392109775526 but it will probably be gone soon as well. You would think Newsweek should have known that if they put that on the cover of the U.S. Edition all the Witnesses would have wanted one and they would have sold many more than they did. As it is they have stated it was their all time best seller for obvious reasons. 

Edited by Bruceq

• 2 months later...

I personally choose not to read this magazine.  JW News on-line suffices to keep us a rest of Satan's zoldiers.

On another note, I was told about the status of anyone wanting to help with Kingdom building projects, must be ' morally clean'. It proves Jehovahs standards, and am wondering if anyone else has any input?

btw, why is jwtalk, linked with facebook? 

6 hours ago, MizPeg said:

I personally choose not to read this magazine.  JW News on-line suffices to keep us a rest of Satan's zoldiers.

On another note, I was told about the status of anyone wanting to help with Kingdom building projects, must be ' morally clean'. It proves Jehovahs standards, and am wondering if anyone else has any input?

btw, why is jwtalk, linked with facebook? 

Our newest video on being honest in all things was quite specific about mental, moral and physical honesty.  Br. Cook did a good job of showing the need BEFORE an application to work on Kingdom projects is filled out.  Very good reminders.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, anniebea said:

I actually thought it was interesting to see that the GB showed this European version of the magazine on the AM !

I know. The one that some had a hard time even looking at it, let alone admitting it existed! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!