JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trump cancels Singapore summit

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2096 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/24/politics/trump-north-korea/index.html

President Donald Trump will not meet North Korean leader Kim Jong Un next month, he announced in a letter to Kim released by the White House Thursday morning, scrapping plans for what would have been a historic diplomatic summit.

"I was very much looking forward to being there with you. Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting," Trump wrote.

"Therefore, please let this letter serve to represent that the Singapore summit, for the good of both parties, but to the detriment of the world, will not take place."

Did you see the rest of the letter?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/politics/trump-north-korea/index.html

You talk about your nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.

That should get him back to the table - NOT!!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

6 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Did you see the rest of the letter?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/politics/trump-north-korea/index.html

That should get him back to the table - NOT!!

By his great brags he just stirs up jealousy pride and competition from the other side. It might just agitate them enough to try to prove their might and his boasting wrong by starting something...😶

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

But this can STILL happen in the very near future no doubt, once there is a better circumstances for both sides to agree on. But its definitely being prepared by Satan and the demons now! North Korea and South Korea, were just the BEGINNING of it all with peace and security.

However, here is an interesting insight into the mind of Mr. Trump: 

The response may just be a tactic Trump’s employing to exert his power and reach a “better” deal.

In 2014, Trump, whose 1987 book is titled The Art of the Deal, tweeted that his top strategy for making a deal was to “walk away from it”.

“Negotiations 101: The best deals you can make are the ones you walk away from... and then get them with better terms,” he wrote.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/business/ceos/donald-trump-blindsides-world-cancels-summit-with-kim-jong-un-ng-71cac340da1ae2a201deca62ce5f37fa?utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PerthNow+AM+update+25%2F5%2F2018

For all his brags, bluffs and bluster, he is still a clever man. He couldn't have got to where he is if he was stupid .. and I don't mean the presidency.  It's about his business ability and this is what these these negotiations are really all about.  It's just another business deal just on a large scale and stage..

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

There goes someone’s Nobel Peace prize. Now, what to do with the coins commerating the event that did not happen. 

Incidentally, the price went from $24.99, to $19.99...

Edited by Miss Bea

Apostrophe misssing!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

6 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

However, here is an interesting insight into the mind of Mr. Trump: 

The response may just be a tactic Trump’s employing to exert his power and reach a “better” deal.

“Negotiations 101: The best deals you can make are the ones you walk away from... and then get them with better terms,” he wrote.

For all his brags, bluffs and bluster, he is still a clever man. He couldn't have got to where he is if he was stupid .. and I don't mean the presidency.  It's about his business ability and this is what these these negotiations are really all about.  It's just another business deal just on a large scale and stage..

Precisely.  Mr. Trump is just getting warmed up . . lol.  He certainly didn't want it to be Kim Jong-Un who called off the meeting.

These historic events are always on-again , off-again. The more drama the better.  Following this news, N Korea was quoted as saying "We will meet any time, any way".  Playing right into Trump's game.

When the meeting takes place, Kim will show up bruised and sore from the on-again , off-again.  He wants it bad.  And besides, as mentioned, the demons are pulling the strings.

The meeting will happen, largely on Trump's terms, and it will be the biggest media event since the end of WW2.

On 5/25/2018 at 7:17 AM, Doug said:

and it will be the biggest media event since the end of WW2

Perhaps we will see those special words "peace and security" running in the headlines for days and weeks on end 😉

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

9 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

On and off again and back on again... emoji6.png
Awesome!

I try not to be too excited :D because I don't want to be disappointed.  For me it is better just to observe the world events and see, when and how the Bible prophecy be fulfilled. I dont like to predict things in my heart.  

I try not to be too excited  because I don't want to be disappointed.  For me it is better just to observe the world events and see, when and how the Bible prophecy be fulfilled. I dont like to predict things in my heart.  
I apologize... That "awesome" was with incredulity and sarcasm... Not for/with excitement! It will be off again! The chaos is hilarious!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Guri said:

I try not to be too excited :D because I don't want to be disappointed.  For me it is better just to observe the world events and see, when and how the Bible prophecy be fulfilled. I dont like to predict things in my heart.  

I do, lol.

That's why I say it'll be a campaign, something that runs in the headlines with consistency. Because if it isn't that, how will it be any different than any other time those words have been uttered throughout the years?

Are we on the home stretch? Yes.

Is it gonna be tomorrow? No.

But, now is the time to stay awake, because the hour is late indeed.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 1 month later...
...series of events......

Exciting times Im doing personal study on Gods kingdom rules chapter 21 again slowly writing it out listening to the app on media read so interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)