JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sweden admits Swedish meatballs are actually not theres

This we know. People have been rolling meat into balls for thousands of years. Same with pancakes. Wherever you go in the world, you find a version of pancakes.

It’s like an Italian chef I heard who spoke about Italian food, and said: “Tomatoes came from America to Livorno, and artichokes from Turkey. We just learned how to use them and make them ours.”

Coffee is important to South America, but originally it probably came from Ethiopia.

Some think that eating meatballs and spaghetti is a very Italian idea, but that idea comes from the US.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

so.. humans did invent something the mixing of food 

Thats the thing about food traditions. They never appear in a vacuum, and they are constantly evolving. So, speaking of Swedish meatballs, yes, there is such a thing as Swedish meatballs. A Swede would not recognise taste or texture in Turkish meatballs.

If you are from Chicago and used to their pizzas, you’d find New York pizzas lacking, and pizzas from Naples, Italy, a whole different animal. Not to mention the pizzas you get in Rio de Janeiro...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

15 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Aussies had to admit the Pavlova wasn't theirs too. They don't bring that up often though. 

We don’t step out to the dark side unnecessarily.... unless, if the donuts are in the blend also. :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

It's interesting I've been wtaching vids of street stalls all over the world ... everyone has the same thing, just variations of the same thing.

Japanese pancakes which everyone lines up for - is just a variation of a lemon cheese pudding we've had here for generations. BTW:Made Tom Japanese pancakes the other night - they are to die for.

Crepes as French as the name suggests are in every street stall in Asia but done with different fillers.

The Hot Dog - perfected in Germany my opinion says, but all over the world in differing variations. 

Pulled pork sandwiches or other meat, found everywhere but with diffrent cooking methods.

Bacon and Egg variations, whether it be crepe form, pastry form or bread form.

Honsetly there's nothing new under the sun ... just variations. 

The interesting thing about claims like Swedish Meatballs is often the name origin is very vague - like the Spanish Flu - one would have thought it originated or stayed around Spain because of the title - but no ... it was attributed to Spain because of the general Media blackout - where no-one was reporting the Flu except Spanish newspapers so because they were the first to report on it - it became theirs - so there's a warnng there folks, don't be too quick to claim things as yours it may backfire.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

7 hours ago, Qapla said:

As long as we don't talk about pizzas from California :eek:

Hey!!

I'll have you know that I have eaten pineapple and Canadian bacon 'Hawaiian style' pizza in Iowa and Illinois. ...as in Chicago style..

Californian Hawaiian style is still the best...especially the ones at Lamppost Pizza, I could eat a large one by myself,  er, rather,  we usually get the largest one and we share. ..a little. 

Although I do not really go for the pineapple on my pizza - canadian bacon is good

That said, I do not want artichoke or Romaine lettuce or sour cream or some of the other things they claim as "California style pizza"

Now, in keeping with the thread .... I would probably like Swedish meatballs on a pizza

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 5/27/2018 at 8:10 PM, Qapla said:

That said, I do not want artichoke or Romaine lettuce or sour cream or some of the other things they claim as "California style pizza"

In full agreement with that...

A long time ago I was having stomach problems that I traced to the red sauces that are in a lot of Italian dishes.

I like pizza so I had to find one that didn't hurt me so much. Hence the Hawaiian style. ..

I like all kinds of pasta, just not so keen on the spicy red. When I make spaghetti I use about a third of the sauce my wife does,  I add a can of kidney beans and a can of chili con carne to the sauce. I like it...so does most anyone that's tried it..

In full agreement with that...

A long time ago I was having stomach problems that I traced to the red sauces that are in a lot of Italian dishes.
I like pizza so I had to find one that didn't hurt me so much. Hence the Hawaiian style. ..

I like all kinds of pasta, just not so keen on the spicy red. When I make spaghetti I use about a third of the sauce my wife does,  I add a can of kidney beans and a can of chili con carne to the sauce. I like it...so does most anyone that's tried it..

White pizzas are popular here. As opposed to red pizzas, they are based on something other than tomato sauce. Pesto is a great base.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”