JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JWB app on ROKU not working Help please!

Not sure if this topic is in the right place but please move it if it isn’t...

I’m having a problem playing anything on the JWBroadcasting Chanel from the ROKU. Is anyone else experiencing this too & if so how do I go about getting it fixed please?

I notice a few weeks ago the Chanel home page changed & since then it’s not worked properly. 

I’ve done all the usual unplugging, re-setting WiFi ect but it still don’t play anything, it just goes to something I’ve chosen to watch & then gets stuck on ‘RETRIEVING’ & don’t play....

do you think it’s a problem my end or is it from theirs? 

Thanks 

Moved to Computers, Tablets, Mobile Devices, & Apps

20 minutes ago, Jothob said:

I notice a few weeks ago the Chanel home page changed & since then it’s not worked properly. 

I’ve done all the usual unplugging, re-setting WiFi ect but it still don’t play anything, it just goes to something I’ve chosen to watch & then gets stuck on ‘RETRIEVING’ & don’t play....

The organization updated the ROKU app a week or so ago. It is working just fine for me.

My first suggestion would be to uninstall the app. Then power off and power back on your Roku, and then go reinstall the app.

Are all the other apps, such as YouTube or Netflix, working okay?

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1 hour ago, Jothob said:

Not sure if this topic is in the right place but please move it if it isn’t...

I’m having a problem playing anything on the JWBroadcasting Chanel from the ROKU. Is anyone else experiencing this too & if so how do I go about getting it fixed please?

Thanks 

We have the same problem in Chelmsford 

It could be a problem with the UK based ROKU system .... since it seems to be working here in the "Colonies" (US)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

11 hours ago, Jothob said:

gets stuck on ‘RETRIEVING’ & don’t play....

Yes I have exact same experience. It will retrieve audio only content but not video content. Tried everything: checking Roku software is updated, checking in settings it was getting good strength wi-fi from the router, unplugging, re-setting, etc. BBC iPlayer loads and plays okay so Roku is receiving wi-fi signal. Only recent change was two weeks ago we bought a new TV set and the Roku stick worked as normal when plugged in. Noticed it wasn’t retrieving JW Broadcasting content three days ago. Having to link my laptop to TV via a hdmi lead to watch content until the problem is resolved - hopefully very soon!

13 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

The organization updated the ROKU app a week or so ago. It is working just fine for me.

My first suggestion would be to uninstall the app. Then power off and power back on your Roku, and then go reinstall the app.

Thank you I will try this suggestion. 

Yes all the other apps work fine....

12 hours ago, Samira said:

We have the same problem in Chelmsford 

Ahh that makes sense, we are Billericay! 

1 hour ago, DavidMc said:

Yes I have exact same experience. It will retrieve audio only content but not video content. Tried everything: checking Roku software is updated, checking in settings it was getting good strength wi-fi from the router, unplugging, re-setting, etc. BBC iPlayer loads and plays okay so Roku is receiving wi-fi signal. Only recent change was two weeks ago we bought a new TV set and the Roku stick worked as normal when plugged in. Noticed it wasn’t retrieving JW Broadcasting content three days ago. Having to link my laptop to TV via a hdmi lead to watch content until the problem is resolved - hopefully very soon!

Yes this is exactly what’s happening with ours. Hopefully it will be resolved soon as the JWB Chanel is really the only thing I tend to watch & feel lost without it! 😔

Sorry to hijack this but just a quick question:

I have a smart TV for the first time and it has app's for Netflix, youtube etc.. Anyone know what's the best way to watch JWB on this? It's from HISENSE

Thanks

Edited by jayrtom

Sorry to hijack this but just a quick question:
I have a smart TV for the first time and it has app's for Netflix, youtube etc.. Anyone know what's the best way to watch JWB on this? It's from HISENSE
Thanks

A little ROKU-stick or AppleTV module works fine and are simple enough..

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Joao,

If your new TV does not have a true Browser that allows you to go to any website you can type in - you will need a Roku or other streaming device that has the app. At this point, the JWB app is not a "stand alone" app available to smart TV's

8 minutes ago, Qapla said:

this point, the JWB app is not a "stand alone" app available to smart TV's

I wish it was..

I have an older smart TV that uses Yahoo apps and the brothers had been working on a Yahoo app but didn't develop it.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Roku still not working with jw- broadcasting. Uninstalled app and reinstalled app no joy. Tried a new Roku stick. Loads apps faster but still getting the never ending retrieving screen. Looks like the UK version of JWBroadcasting app is broken. No doubt it will be fixed soon.

4 hours ago, Thesauron said:

A little ROKU-stick or AppleTV module works fine and are simple enough..

Thanks, all tough I think roku is not available in Portugal and apple TV is too expensive... 

4 hours ago, Qapla said:

Joao,

If your new TV does not have a true Browser that allows you to go to any website you can type in - you will need a Roku or other streaming device that has the app. At this point, the JWB app is not a "stand alone" app available to smart TV's

Thanks for that tip because I found out that my TV has a browser and I can go to tv.jw.org and browse the site :thumbsup:

I have had a problem recently with JW Broadcasting on Roku on my TV.

The squares are grayed out but when I click to watch something it comes in good with pictures and sound.

It does not tell how long each video is but I usually look at that on my computer on JW Broadcasting.

I like the new appearance as it matches what I see on my computer on JW Broadcasting so it is easier to find a video on the Roku on the TV.

I am not sure  what it means to uninstall the app.

Could someone please explain that to me?  Thank you.

4 hours ago, Rose Flower said:

I am not sure  what it means to uninstall the app.

Could someone please explain that to me?  Thank you.

I think They meant uninstall the Roku device ( unplug it, remove it, then re-install the device and reload the Roku program).

Roku itself describe the "apps" like Netflix as "channels".  You could uninstall (or delete) the JW channel and re-install it also.

7 hours ago, jwhess said:

I think They meant uninstall the Roku device ( unplug it, remove it, then re-install the device and reload the Roku program).

Roku itself describe the "apps" like Netflix as "channels".  You could uninstall (or delete) the JW channel and re-install it also.

did it....but still not working......doesn't "retrieve" and play the video.....

On 5/29/2018 at 9:03 PM, Dismal_Bliss said:

I use ROKU and it works perfectly. (I live in London). 

1 hour ago, Luisabola said:

Is there anyone at bethel that we need to report it to? It’s unusual for the brothers to not have sorted the issue out promptly, maybe they’re unaware

Brothers work always promptly. :) I live in the UK and my ROKU works fine. :) 

1 minute ago, Guri said:

I use ROKU and it works perfectly. (I live in London). 

Brothers work always promptly. :) I live in the UK and my ROKU works fine. :) 

Same here...USA

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

40 minutes ago, Samira said:
40 minutes ago, Samira said:

Ours is quite new and is working on everything else.....only not jw.org ...

...it was working fine a week ago....

Ours is quite new and is working on everything else.....only not jw.org ...

...it was working fine a week ago...

*************same here - Roku works well on others but not jw.org

I just tried mine .... all is working fine. I tried several videos from JW Broadcasting

I will say, the Icon for JWB is different and the layout of the site has changed since the last time I went there - I have been watching my JWB stuff on the PC lately