JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JWB app on ROKU not working Help please!

5 hours ago, DavidMc said:

JwBroadcasting app on a Roku has been updated to version 3.2 and appears to have fix the problem. We are watching it now!

Same here 🙂

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 5/29/2018 at 8:42 PM, Jothob said:

Not sure if this topic is in the right place but please move it if it isn’t...

I’m having a problem playing anything on the JWBroadcasting Chanel from the ROKU. Is anyone else experiencing this too & if so how do I go about getting it fixed please?

I notice a few weeks ago the Chanel home page changed & since then it’s not worked properly. 

I’ve done all the usual unplugging, re-setting WiFi ect but it still don’t play anything, it just goes to something I’ve chosen to watch & then gets stuck on ‘RETRIEVING’ & don’t play....

do you think it’s a problem my end or is it from theirs? 

Thanks 

THANK YOU to everyone that responded on my topic! I’m so glad to report that I have just tried jw broadcasting site on my Roku & yay!! ITS WORKING AGAIN!

also thank you for the many suggestions lots of you gave.... 😀

Hi I am having same problem with (Roku) I can get JW broadcasting but it won’t retrieve videos. My sister has a Amazon Fire Stick and she has no problem. I have tried uninstalling but that hasn’t worked. I love the broadcasting site the brothers work so hard producing such fine material I don’t want to miss anything so will have to try something else.

56 minutes ago, Mez said:

Hi I am having same problem with (Roku) I can get JW broadcasting but it won’t retrieve videos. My sister has a Amazon Fire Stick and she has no problem. I have tried uninstalling but that hasn’t worked. I love the broadcasting site the brothers work so hard producing such fine material I don’t want to miss anything so will have to try something else.

Ours wasn’t working yesterday either.  Hubby deleted the jw channel then downloaded the channel again and it works.  

I really appreciate being being able to watch the broadcast and using Roku is so much better than screen sharing it to the tv like we did last month ... the mouths were moving at the wrong time and it was very off putting.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

LATEST ISSUES:

Updated On: July 3, 2018

JW Broadcasting: Roku Channel — Update Released

An update to JW Broadcasting for Roku which resolves recently reported issues has now been released.

This update should install automatically. However, if you are still experiencing a problem playing videos, please check you have the latest update by following these instructions:

Manually checking for updates

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
     2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
     3. Select System.
     4. Select System update.
     5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

If JW Broadcasting for Roku requires updating, then your Roku device will download and install this automatically and once completed, your Roku device will reboot.

Source: https://roku.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/208755668-How-to-update-the-software-on-your-Roku-streaming-device.

As a side note, some users may not be able to use the "Play all" or "Shuffle" options in the Audio section. However, individual songs should play fine. There is no need to contact the branch regarding this issue. We hope to release another update soon to correct this problem.

JW Broadcasting: Alternative Website Address for Smart Televisions

Some smart televisions are currently unable to play content from https://tv.jw.org. Users should try the following alternative website before contacting the branch: https://tv.jw.org/devices/firetv.

I just checked mine 

It told me that it checks daily and last checked today

I had it check manually and it returned that I am up to date

I have

Software Version: 8.1.0

Build: 4131

Mine seems to be working just fine.

Only thing is, we lost the remote and I have to use my tablet with the Roku app for the remote :thumbsup:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

An older sister in our congregation was having a problem with her Roku and she was very grateful when I shared this information with her, I think I'm getting cookies!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I've always used the closed captioning but on this month's Broadcast there were no CC on the screen and no option that I could find to turn it on..have they done away with it? I wouldn't think they would so not sure what the problem is...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On 7/4/2018 at 7:07 AM, Dove said:

I've always used the closed captioning but on this month's Broadcast there were no CC on the screen and no option that I could find to turn it on..have they done away with it? I wouldn't think they would so not sure what the problem is...

https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/roku-broadcasting-some-subtitles-unavailable/

Did anyone else have a problem with videos playing grainy? I tried to watch some videos after they updated Roku but they were so grainy that I watched them on my tablet instead.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

3 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Did anyone else have a problem with videos playing grainy? I tried to watch some videos after they updated Roku but they were so grainy that I watched them on my tablet instead.

When we first set up the play/download feature, we had to specify the resolution.  The site remembered it and uses it on future playback or downloads.  Do you think that this info was deleted and you will have to go back and move it from 240p to 720p?

33 minutes ago, jwhess said:

When we first set up the play/download feature, we had to specify the resolution.  The site remembered it and uses it on future playback or downloads.  Do you think that this info was deleted and you will have to go back and move it from 240p to 720p?

Thanks. I’m not sure. I’ll check it out.