JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Arrests of believers across Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1138 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

jw-russia.org: Oblava and arrests in Tomsk

On the morning of June 3, 2018, a round-up of religious repressions was held in Tomsk. Interrogations lasted until 2 am. Arrested and sent to IVS 48-year-old Sergei Klimov.

On Sunday at about 10:00 am, law enforcement officers, including special forces soldiers, invaded a number of houses where believers live. About 30 people were gathered in a bus and taken for interrogation to the Center for Combating Extremism. Among the detainees was an 83-year-old woman. It is known that during the day several ambulances came to the building where the interrogation was conducted, one person was hospitalized.

27 minutes ago, Greg Dent said:

They are poking a stick in Jehovah's eye. He will act soon or make the nations act. 

"And he [the king of the north] will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him." - Daniel 11:45 😉

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

jw-russia.org: Dmitry Mikhailov - who is he?

Criminal proceedings from April 19, 2018

His mother, who does not share the religious beliefs of her son, at the time of her arrest, exclaimed: "Instead of pursuing honest people, it would be better to catch criminals!"

Neighbors Mikhailovs submitted to the court a description according to which Dmitry "proved himself to be a caring husband and son ... Dmitry is sympathetic, sociable, polite, responsible, without bad habits ... always has a neat appearance and is ready to help ... takes care of an elderly mother in 1939. r., provides her with medicines and care ... Her only son. "

That says it all!

On 6/4/2018 at 8:53 PM, Greg Dent said:

[...]They are the only nation that are really dealing treacherously with his people right now.

Brother Greg, let's not forget about our dear Eritrean brothers, sisters and children who are unjustly incarcerated in prisons (i.e. shipping containers) under a brutal dictatorship simply because of their faith.  Along with our Russian family, we must also continually pray for our family in Eritrea. 

May Jehovah God continue to give strength to them all in their tribulations! -_-

Edited by Omoyeme

jw-russia.org: Collective open letter from the wives of citizens arrested for the faith

On June 7, 2018, an open collective letter from the wives of citizens arrested for the faith was sent to the Head and all members of the Council under the President of the Russian Federation for the Development of Civil Society and Human Rights. The text of the appeal is published below.

The letter begins with the words: "An open letter to you is our cry of despair.

Dear people ... are thrown behind bars on suspicion that together with us, with our children and friends read the commandments of the Bible and prayed to God. "

From the letter:

To date, in the detention facilities of Russia, 17 believers are already languishing.

The letter is signed of with these names:

Sincerely, wives of persons currently in custody:

Alena Vilitkevich (Bashkiria),                  Husbands name: Anatoly
Anna Zyablova (Magadan Region),                                       Yevgeny
Julia Klimova (Tomsk region),                                               Sergei
Galina Kochneva (Orenburg region),                                     Vladimir
Irina Kristensen (Oryol region),                                               Dennis
Svetlana Markina (Murmansk region),                                  Roman
Tatyana Petrova (Magadan Region),                                     Konstantin
Anastasia Pujda (Khabarovsk kr.),                                         Ivan
Natalia Suvorova (Orenburg region),                                     Alexander
Ulyana Trofimova (Murmansk region) and others              Victor

Vladivostoc Primorsky Krai                    Valentin Osadchuk
                                Shua Ivanovo                                             Dmitry Mikhailov
                                Naberezhnye Chelny Tatarstan              Ilham Karimov
                                          ,,                                 ,,                       Vladimir Myakushin
                                          ,,                                 ,,                       Konstantin Matrashov
                                          ,,                                 ,,                       Aydar Yulmetyev
                                Magadan  region                                       Sergey Erkin

On 6/6/2018 at 9:51 PM, Omoyeme said:

Brother Greg, let's not forget about our dear Eritrean brothers, sisters and children who are unjustly incarcerated in prisons (i.e. shipping containers) under a brutal dictatorship simply because of their faith.  Along with our Russian family, we must also continually pray for our family in Eritrea. 

May Jehovah God continue to give strength to them all in their tribulations! -_-

Yes I get that however that country is not in the position to be the KOTN. Now is it? 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

On 6/4/2018 at 8:28 PM, humblebumblebee said:

jw-russia.org: Arrests of believers across Russia

An article with a video and personal comments of our brothers and sisters about what has been happening in Russia the last two months

That made me cry but not from desperation, I know Jehovah has not abandoned the brothers but I hate injustice and the bullying the inhumane treatment... they think our God will not defend us but he will in his due time. In the meantime I suppose we all have a role to play in staying faithful, standing strong in our own personal individual battles and praying for our family in Russia and Eritrea...Jehovah will not be late!

Such an encouraging article about the support given to our arrested brothers

jw-russia.org: Arrests in Orenburg did not intimidate believers

About 100 people were not afraid to come to the Orenburg regional court on June 6, 2018, to support fellow believers who were imprisoned for their faith. With tears on their faces, they looked bravely at the judges. Judges and prosecutors sent the believers behind bars with their heads bowed.

Three weeks earlier , when the Industrial District Court of Orenburg issued a ruling on the arrest of Vladimir Kochnev and Alexander Suvorov, the hearing lasted from 11am until almost midnight. All this time about 50 people were in the building and in the courtyard of the court. From the window of the courtroom it was evident that some hold children in their arms. Someone on the bike brought hot food. People did not disperse to catch a glimpse of how those arrested one after another will be put in a convoy car and shout to them the words of support: "Hold on!", "We are with you!", "We will support your girls!"

After rough incursions into the homes of 19 families , as well as detentions, interrogations, threats and the use of physical force, the believers found the courage to come to court and were ready to look into the eyes of their offenders - the employee of the CEC Beloshenko, the officers of the FSB, the SC and the prosecutor's office.

With the permission of Alexander Suvorov, a letter was read in the court, which was written to him by a wife and daughter in the SIZO. "Daddy, I really love you and I want you to come back soon. When you come back, we'll tell you a lot of interesting things. We are all supported. I met many people. We really, really miss. Mom promised that before you come back, we'll buy a dog, Jack Russell , - written with a child's hand, and a felt-tip pen: - You're the best dad in the world" Sasha ," writes Natalia Suvorova, "please do not worry about us at all. Around us is a sea of love and support! » "

jw-russia.org: Konstantin Matrashov - who is he?

Our brother supports his mother who introduced him to the truth...................Has a younger brother who does not share the views of Jehovah's Witnesses, but worries about Constantine and understands the injustice of criminal prosecution for believing in God.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:10 AM, humblebumblebee said:

jw-russia.org: Oblava and arrests in Tomsk

On the morning of June 3, 2018, a round-up of religious repressions was held in Tomsk. Interrogations lasted until 2 am. Arrested and sent to IVS 48-year-old Sergei Klimov.

On Sunday at about 10:00 am, law enforcement officers, including special forces soldiers, invaded a number of houses where believers live. About 30 people were gathered in a bus and taken for interrogation to the Center for Combating Extremism. Among the detainees was an 83-year-old woman. It is known that during the day several ambulances came to the building where the interrogation was conducted, one person was hospitalized.

Special forces to arrest 83 year old sister?

satan is definetly panicking ... hmm he can smell abyss I say. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Its really disgusting. They will come to their end in Jehovah's due time. We can sense that something is happening. Its like the world has turned sideways. Everyone in the world can sense something is wrong but they can't put their finger on it. Its like they see the picture and its out of focus. They can sense that the car is drifting off the road and can't grab the steering wheel. This Russian situation is one more thing to push it over the edge. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

jw-russia.org: Saratov: searches, throws and arrest of three believers

On June 12, 2018 in Saratov and the region law enforcement officers conducted mass searches in the homes of citizens suspected of professing the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Three were arrested and sent to jail:

43-year-old Konstantin Bazhenov,

35-year-old Alexei Budenchuk and

33-year-old Felix Makhammadiev. All 2-month detention (until August 12, 2018)

What is terrible that the special forces by mistake forced the door of neighbours that were not witnesses. Also they planted literature in children's coats and "discovered" two books, one of which was included in the Federal List of Extremist Materials.

More than 10 people were taken to the FSB for interrogation, some were interrogated until almost midnight. On the whole, during the interrogations, the believers followed the instructions from the Bible: "I will restrain my mouth, while the wicked are before me. I was dumb and mute, and I was silent even about the good. "(Bible, Psalm 38: 2, 3, The Synodal Translation).

So courageous!

jw-russia.org: Aidar Yulmetyev - who is he?

24-year-old Aidar Yulmetyev was arrested on May 29, 2018 in Naberezhnye Chelny (Tatarstan) after searches in apartments and arrests of local residents suspected of professing the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Aydar has younger brothers, a sister and his wife Albina

Address to write letters of support is included

On 6/6/2018 at 7:51 PM, Omoyeme said:

Agreed, we had a Eritrean sister get baptized at our convention this Saturday!  ❤️  

jw-russia.org: Ilham Karimov - who is he?

Since May 27, 2018 Ilham Karimov, a resident of Naberezhnye Chelny, is held for his faith in prison .

Once again this article about our brother points to the fact that

he is well known as a moral and law-abiding person who has nothing to do with extremism.

Address to write letters of support is included