Do you like wine?

Do you like wine?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wine do you prefer?

• Red
    • White
    • Rosé

20 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

We already have a topic on that subject Guri. 

Red, definetly red. 

I live close to a wine region (Yarra Valley) 

I happen to be enjoying some nice Yellow Tail cabernet...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

I live close to a wine region (Yarra Valley) 

I'm not familiar with that area, are many wines exported from there?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The Yarra Valley is the name given to the region surrounding the Yarra River in Victoria, Australia. The river originates approximately 90 kilometres east of the Melbourne central business district and flows towards it and out into Port Phillip Bay. The name Yarra Valley is used in reference to the upper regions surrounding the Yarra River and generally does not encompass the lower regions including the city and suburban areas, where the topography flattens out, or the upper reaches which are in inaccessible bushland. Included in the Yarra Valley is the sub-region of Upper Yarra (or the Upper Yarra Valley) which encompasses the towns of the former Shire of Upper Yarra in the catchment area upstream of and including Woori Yallock. The Yarra Valley is a popular day-trip and tourist area, featuring a range of natural features and agricultural produce, as well as the Lilydale to Warburton Rail Trail.

The Yarra Valley is host to a thriving wine growing industry. The area's relatively cool climate makes it particularly suited to the production of high-quality chardonnay, pinot noir and sparkling wine.

image.jpeg.63e8d66b8c088ea3379dca99c49d927e.jpegimage.jpeg.d20985bfe8950720a32b1a70207b781f.jpegimage.jpeg.a8b5447bcaed5628d4853d7dc0315db1.jpegImage result for Yarra Valley

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

We frequent local wineries.  We like sweet and semi sweet wines, usually red or rose.  

Since they are local wines, I can't tell you if they are cabernet, merlot, or whatever.  Beyond my skill level. 

Our favorite is a nice pink catawba, made from the catawba grape. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catawba_(grape)

It's so very rare when I drink anything alcoholic. I abstain a lot, mostly for health reasons. But I do occasionally drink wine, and when I do, I like Rose. I like blush wines. Zinfandels, Moscatos, etc. I also enjoy Champagne every now and then. I like very bubbly wines.

21 minutes ago, Katty said:

It's so very rare when I drink anything alcoholic. I abstain a lot, mostly for health reasons. But I do occasionally drink wine, and when I do, I like Rose. I like blush wines. Zinfandels, Moscatos, etc. I also enjoy Champagne every now and then. I like very bubbly wines.

Moscatos for me too on the rare occasion - cold beers in Summer on the rare occasion as well.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

On 6/7/2018 at 5:46 PM, Tortuga said:

I happen to be enjoying some nice Yellow Tail cabernet...

Never saw the cabernet but the Yellow Tail Sweet Red Roo  is very nice...flavors: sweet red berries, vanilla and chocolate..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 4 years later...

I live in a wine region (Hunter Valley) and I do not drink wine. I like the smell of wine, and I can sense the various smells and aromas, but when it hits my mouth, it just doesn't go well with me. But I don't mind the occasional port or cognac though, but I rarely have these, only if they are offered to me.

But, my wife on the other hand, does likes her wine, and at times, whines when she has no wine (actually we call it medicine). She used to like Brown Brothers, but she mostly like a the Tasmanian and New Zealand white wines at the moment, but the reds can come from anywhere.

My step-daughter had worked at a couple of wineries in the cellar door, and has a exceptional sense of taste and smell (also being a chef working at some of the top restaurants in our area and worked the cellar doors when she needed a break from the kitchen). One day, having been away from a particular cellar door that she used to work at when she was working back at a restaurant, one of her former workmates who still worked there took a brand new release bottle of wine to have with a meal, and she ask my step-daughter what she thought what was in there. Her sense of taste was that fined tuned, that she picked up that they had used egg white in the wine, which her friend was dumbfounded, as said that only a couple of the worlds best sommeliers had too detected it at their official release of that vintage which they had invited.

The funny thing is, my wife and step daughter have me pick out the bottles of wine when we used to go out or buy from the bottle shop. Apparently, I just have a knack for picking out what they like to drink at that moment, but if they pick, they at times get disappointed with their choices. Yet I don't drink the stuff.

Edited by Pabo