JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Newsweek coverage continues

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2140 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

WIVES OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES IMPRISONED IN RUSSIA SEND LETTER TO PUTIN ADVISER BEGGING FOR AN END TO CAMPAIGN OF TERROR

In return for freedom and a quiet life, we are being invited to disown our faith. This is not just a figure of speech—investigators have directly invited us to sign documents in order to avoid punishment for 'extremism'...

I wonder if the branch — er, um ...

I wonder if they decided to do this on their own, or the fellowship recommended it first.

WIVES OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES IMPRISONED IN RUSSIA SEND LETTER TO PUTIN ADVISER BEGGING FOR AN END TO CAMPAIGN OF TERROR

In return for freedom and a quiet life, we are being invited to disown our faith. This is not just a figure of speech—investigators have directly invited us to sign documents in order to avoid punishment for 'extremism'...

I wonder if they decided to do this on their own, or the fellowship recommended it first.

What fellowship would have recommended what?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

There are several good questions in the letter, I hope it gets a lot of publicity.

We cannot find the answers to the questions of why we are being subjected to such harassment in our country, and which religion will be the next to fall victim after us?

The aforementioned decision of the Supreme Court did not ban the religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia. It only involved legal entities. So why are the law-enforcement agents acting in contravention of the will of the government of our country?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, cobaltbluetony said:

Sorry, I don't talk about illegal operations in public.

Yes, it's always best to discuss illegal things in secret.   :lol1:

edit: wait - didn't you start this topic?

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

6 hours ago, cobaltbluetony said:

The term fellowship sounds odd to English speaking Witness.  At least it seems odd to me. We don't typically use that term. 

8 hours ago, cobaltbluetony said:

investigators have directly invited us to sign documents in order to avoid punishment for 'extremism'...

Nazis tried this method before

It did not go well for them... Witnesses survived (as group)  Nazis got destroyed.

Satan does not learn from history?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

It did not go well for them... Witnesses survived (as group)  Nazis got destroyed.

That’s because he’s insane. He keeps doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

It's a test for our brothers and sisters their. As a worldwide fellowship, may we continually pray that they may maintain their integrity.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 6/8/2018 at 3:51 PM, Shawnster said:

The term fellowship sounds odd to English speaking Witness.  At least it seems odd to me. We don't typically use that term. 

I was deliberately trying to use an "off" word, so as to figuratively throw off any spying eyes. 😉

Wow....we’ve got em confused now! :lol2::lol1:🤔

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

On 6/9/2018 at 8:22 AM, Gregexplore said:

Satan has no loyalty to any particular government either. So one is destroyed? Fine, there's a million more where that came from. From his perspective, he's winning. There are people suffering, and there are billions more not caring. It's 2018. The number of people who hate everything has increased by two or three billion since WW2. More and more numbers, stacking up against JW's. From Satan's perspective, it's a tactic that just keeps working.