JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Eritrea's Human Rights Abuse: Newsweek

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2115 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.newsweek.com/not-just-russia-jehovahs-witnesses-eritrea-are-being-imprisoned-and-abused-954690

NOT JUST RUSSIA: JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES IN ERITREA ARE BEING IMPRISONED AND ABUSED, REPORTS REVEAL

U.S. State Department Report regarding Eritrea:  https://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/irf/religiousfreedom/index.htm?year=2017&dlid=280738#wrapper

Jehovah's Witnesses are mentioned in the executive summary as well as in Section I.

Prayers continue! :bible2:

Yes they are. Im considering an email to the editor to thank them for the widespread coverage. I kinda wonder if there isn't a few Brothers working there steering the articles LOL

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I had no idea life in Eretria was so harsh for our brothers, and this had been ongoing for decades. When I read such reports I know that Jehovah can do anything, that he can make us strong enough to face anything.

Jehovah’s Witnesses continued to report members were unable to obtain official identification documents, which meant they were generally unable to study in government institutions, find employment, or obtain an exit visa to leave the country. Authorities collectively stripped Jehovah’s Witnesses of citizenship in 1994 after their refusal to participate in the independence referendum. The government continued to withhold documents and entitlements such as passports, national identification cards (required for employment), and ration cards. The government also required all customers to present a national identification card in order to use computers at private internet cafes, where most individuals access the internet. This identification requirement rendered Jehovah’s Witness members generally unable to use the internet.

Do we have a twitter handle for this, like #StopJwBan

“Just as you want men to do to you, do the same way to them.”

:backflip: Luke 6:31:backflip:                                               

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)