JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

all things star trek

https://www.lostateminor.com/2016/06/08/a-tent-that-looks-like-a-star-trek-shuttlecraft-for-all-your-camping-missions/#

A tent that looks like a Star Trek shuttlecraft for all your camping missions

this is a from im starting only star trek suff ok 

8 hours ago, Qapla said:

Thanks Bobby - I wish it were a real tent!

I agree - let's keep this thread STAR TREK

Oh a trekker! I love the Yorktown space habitat, it clearly depicts the realm of impossibilities.

6 hours ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

So when is the next "Star Trek" movie coming out?  :)

My bet is on 2019. Filming is ongoing for Star trek discovery 2.

I remember when Star Trek first hit the television. I took one look at them being transported, and decided it was supernatural. I don’t know what made me check it out later. 

Today? I record five shows at a time, and am choosy. No Borg, and I can’t stand Q. So, no Q! But, as I putter around the house, it’s something I can have one, and not have to sit down and watch! There are some that are dark, (to me) and, bye-bye. 

One of my favorite shows goes way back, and I haven’t seen it for a while, and the details are fuzzy. But it’s about a, “cloud entity”. (You couldn’t see it, but it talked, and female) Someone in the show fell in love, and, it was just sad. 

One of my grown kids has a triable! I wish I’d bought several. 

It’s  light entertainment for me. 

Edited by Miss Bea

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I remember when Star Trek TOS (we just called it Star Trek back then) first aired. It was all the talk at school. Then when they said they were going to cancel it because they had low Nielsen ratings - we wanted to know who the Nielsens were - because, as far as we could tell, the Nielsens were the ONLY people who did not watch Star Trek - and we couldn't understand how this one family could cause a popular show to be taken off TV

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Ah, now I am in the company of those 'operating within normal parameters'.

I watched Blake 7, Space 1999, along with Star Trek growing up.

As an adult I've no choice but to continue watching. No, I won't admit to owning every episode or movie ever made. But if I did my defense would be:

"Resistance was useless"

22 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

I remember when Star Trek first hit the television. I took one look at them being transported, and decided it was supernatural. I don’t know what made me check it out later. 

Today? I record five shows at a time, and am choosy. No Borg, and I can’t stand Q. So, no Q! But, as I putter around the house, it’s something I can have one, and not have to sit down and watch! There are some that are dark, (to me) and, bye-bye. 

One of my favorite shows goes way back, and I haven’t seen it for a while, and the details are fuzzy. But it’s about a, “cloud entity”. (You couldn’t see it, but it talked, and female) Someone in the show fell in love, and, it was just sad. 

One of my grown kids has a triable! I wish I’d bought several. 

It’s  light entertainment for me. 

Metamorphosis is the EP 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on a Star Trek discussion board (Trekbbs.com)  Someone suggested doing a weekly TOS rewatch and then commenting on the episodes.  One episode a week.  It's going to take 2 years to complete.  I'm commenting on the episodes as if it's my first time watching the episodes 😅  It's kinda fun/funny to do - act like I don't know what's coming next or who someone is.

28 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

I'm on a Star Trek discussion board (Trekbbs.com)

I tried checking out that forum but, since they require either paying or disabling my ad blocker - I was unable to check the site out   :nope:    what a shame, it looked like it might be OK ..... but, I do not like being forced to change the way I use my own PC

21 hours ago, Qapla said:

I tried checking out that forum but, since they require either paying or disabling my ad blocker - I was unable to check the site out   :nope:    what a shame, it looked like it might be OK ..... but, I do not like being forced to change the way I use my own PC

I it's a wretched hive of scum and villainy. 

Oh wait, wrong franchise. 

Yeah, I disabled my ad blocker on the site. It's not a problem on a desktop computer, but sometimes gives me fits on mobile.  Ad takes over whole screen and can't go back.  

Sigh. 

It's a worldly site full of worldly people. Morals, opinions, politics, etc...  Makes me appreciate here. 

On 7/10/2018 at 8:13 PM, bobby said:

did any one hear that they my bring other ST to TV 

https://trekmovie.com/2018/06/26/rumor-patrick-stewart-close-to-signing-deal-to-return-to-star-trek/

Rumor: Patrick Stewart Close To Signing Deal To Return To Star Trek

That would be awesome, his professionalism is what made TNG the show that it was. 

On 6/12/2018 at 9:50 AM, Mini said:

Ah, now I am in the company of those 'operating within normal parameters'.

As an adult I've no choice but to continue watching. No, I won't admit to owning every episode or movie ever made. But if I did my defense would be:

"Resistance was useless"

Ah, Blakes 7. Now there's a blast from the past. My favourite Star Trek was The Trouble with Tribbles. Absolute classic😂

Ah, Blakes 7. Now there's a blast from the past. My favourite Star Trek was The Trouble with Tribbles. Absolute classic😂

Let's not forget Star Cops