JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I'll be giving my first non-English public talk next week!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2142 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Im visiting Berlin next week. I have friends in various parts of Germany and have been asked if i'd like to give the public talk on Sunday. Cant wait! Although i've given talks when i was in the Polish congregation (in Polish) this will be my first time speaking from the platform in German.

Lets see how this goes (i'll keep you posted).

14 hours ago, Brian Warner said:

Im visiting Berlin next week. I have friends in various parts of Germany and have been asked if i'd like to give the public talk on Sunday. Cant wait! Although i've given talks when i was in the Polish congregation (in Polish) this will be my first time speaking from the platform in German.

Lets see how this goes (i'll keep you posted).

I know there's an English congregation in Berlin. I visited that one in May or June of 2000. I'm half-German, but I only know two phrases of it: "Ich spreche kein Deutsch," and "Sprechen Sie Englisch?" (I'm also half-British, but I don't speak that language either.)

54 minutes ago, bohemian said:

My wife and I will be at one of the two English congregations in Berlin next week.  My German is not great (schoolboy German) but my wife has almost nothing of the language. We haven't decided which one we will attend as yet.

Hello Christopher,

if you can not decide - visit Potsdam-English in Stahnsdorf.

I am in Sweden the whole month and can not meet you.