JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Dilbert Contributor of the Day?

Ha! Scott Adams tweeted for ideas for his strip and added he would use a submitted one in an upcoming comic.

I tweeted: "Maybe play with the idea of the mission statement being written by someone who was binge-watching Mission Impossible. Hmm. Like: ‘If you are caught or killed by this product, our company will disavow any knowledge of your actions’"

He gave it a like. Let's see if it appears as a cartoon.

Who doesn't love Dilbert?

To another tweet suggesting a play on "our employees are our most valuable asset," I added a quote from 'Tom Irregardless and Me': "He knows it is all hogwash. He knows one can go from 'most valuable asset' to 'person non-grata' in a heartbeat. But the newbie from the hills drinks it all in and thinks his new boss is his best friend in the whole wide world."

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/686882         (for a few days, the code LF95H makes it free)

The line as written refers to Phillip Brumley, Bethel attorney who was plucked from regular Bethel work and put through law school. He said it altered his personality to the extent that his wife said he was like a different person. I sympathized with the remark, but then speculated that maybe it was just him. Maybe he was like the new employee that must sit through interminable drivel about how "our employees are our greatest assets" and then I continued with the bit that I tweeted to Scott's contributor.

Because that is just what Jehovah does. He starts with people who are low and he places them on high. The ones who are already high are too high to have responded to the good news to begin with.

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

Yes, I do like Dilbert

Since I do not tweet, I will give you one - do what you like with it:

He could have a worker pondering the company motto "Our employees are our best asset" and thinking/picturing "aren't ass-ets female donkeys?"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

15 hours ago, Qapla said:

Yes, I do like Dilbert

Since I do not tweet, I will give you one - do what you like with it:

He could have a worker pondering the company motto "Our employees are our best asset" and thinking/picturing "aren't ass-ets female donkeys?"

He might possibly use that one and put it in the mouth of one of the dopey employees 

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

• 3 months later...

All I could think of is some vague idea of how the IT people or people in the tech departments would be underappreciated somehow
image.png.193b8918ce82ddbf05b97f3364e28a9a.png

I love Dilbert, btw. I always enjoyed it on the Sunday funnies, and someone rather dear to me has prompted new appreciation for the comic in me.