JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2015 “Imitate Jesus” Convention-Music Video Presentations

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2075 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thanks, Michael. You're the one keeping me up to date on these. Without you they might have gone unnoticed.

It looks like back in 2015, the brothers were not producing the Music-Videos in stereo just yet. This one is only in mono. (Remember that term?) That means the music doesn't sound as good with headphones (or earphones; with earbuds). Anyway, I have converted this one also to mp3 format and have uploaded it to my collection of songs. I'll add more as they come along. Enjoy...

Thanks, Michael. You're the one keeping me up to date on these. Without you they might have gone unnoticed.

It looks like back in 2015, the brothers were not producing the Music-Videos in stereo just yet. This one is only in mono. (Remember that term?) That means the music doesn't sound as good with headphones (or earphones; with earbuds). Anyway, I have converted this one also to mp3 format and have uploaded it to my collection of songs. I'll add more as they come along. Enjoy...

Music produced for the Convention are usually in mono, I believe.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

11 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Music produced for the Convention are usually in mono, I believe.

2016 and 2017 music-videos were in stereo. Take a listen to any of them with headphones.

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

2016 and 2017 music-videos were in stereo. Take a listen to any of them with headphones.

Are they "real" stereo outputs with different voices coming from the right and left speakers (or music on one channel and voices on the opposite)?  Or did they imitate stereo by splitting the output in two directions?  How do they play stereo on auditorium sound systems?  Just asking...I don't Know or know how to find out.

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

Are they "real" stereo outputs with different voices coming from the right and left speakers (or music on one channel and voices on the opposite)?  Or did they imitate stereo by splitting the output in two directions?  How do they play stereo on auditorium sound systems?  Just asking...I don't Know or know how to find out.

I'm not sure of the technical stuff behind stereo either (except for what this Wikipedia article tells us about it). Once again, the best thing to do is to listen to the music-video presentations using headphones so you can hear both channels (not the new one from 2015). In fact, listen to any of the video dramas that have been played at conventions in the past few years. That will reveal they were recorded in stereo. With a drama, though, it's only apparent during musical portions, not necessarily dialog. (Listen to the opening ambulance sequence in "Hope for What We Do Not See.")

As far as playing stereo on auditorium sound systems, think of modern motion picture theaters. Movie theaters, unknown to most people, have the best sound systems in the world! And they play movies in, not just stereo with two channels, but even surround-sound playing multiple channels. However, whether or not a convention facility is equipped for stereo would depend on the place. I can't imagine a hockey arena being stereo-capable. But an Assembly Hall? Maybe. There must be some places able to play stereo sound, or Bethel wouldn't bother going through the effort.

Edited by Sheep

added video drama details

Yes, I believe they are edited for homes in stereo and for conventions in mono.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

A few more details, especially for @jwhess and @Thesauron... We had our Regional Convention this past weekend, and during lunch break today I dropped in to the video department. I know two of the brothers who were working in there.

DSCN2280.thumb.JPG.feb892de257360c614793595ba46e9c4.JPG

(...just to show you they look busy...)

I asked about the music videos played at the conventions, and indeed they are in stereo even though the stereo effect may not be all that evident in the auditorium of our Assembly Hall. The videos they play from here are in mp4 format, the same as the ones later released on JW Broadcasting (although they may go through some modifications in between). They weren't aware of the absence of stereo in the 2015 music videos though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Michael. You keep me up to date. Now the whole set of the six 2015 Music-Video Presentations are in mp3 format in my collection of songs. So where do we go next? 2014 Music-Videos?

Incidentally, I do have the the 2018 Music-Video Presentations in mp3 format already, but in a different place. Send me a PM if you'd like them, but only if you've already had your convention. (Other stuff from the convention is available too. See this post in the 2018 convention SPOILER topic.)