Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum

Recommended Posts

Brilliant broadcast this month. Loved how it’s helping us to study deeply & not just skimming the surface. Helps us develop a closer relationship with Jehovah, & boy don’t we need that! There are hard times just ahead & we need that complete reliance on Jehovah. We can only rely on him if we have a specially close relationship with him. 

Also I loved the song, very moving.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That song.......😯 I need to learn this, powerful and motivating words, we know what is ahead of us, the FDS are preparing us. Take full advantage of the provisions whilst we can. And I really enjoy Bro Noumair (sorry for incorrect spelling), he has a lovely teaching manner, you don’t feel that you are being talked “at” but that you are being talked “to”……leaves a lot of room for self examination 😐😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ALC said:

That song.......😯 I need to learn this, powerful and motivating words, we know what is ahead of us, the FDS are preparing us. Take full advantage of the provisions whilst we can. And I really enjoy Bro Noumair (sorry for incorrect spelling), he has a lovely teaching manner, you don’t feel that you are being talked “at” but that you are being talked “to”……leaves a lot of room for self examination 😐😐

 

Noumair is on the Teaching Committee and one of the regular instructors for Gilead.  His "art of teaching" is very refined!  😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lyrics to the July JW Broadcast song: (compliments of Brother Chew)^_^

 

I'm Not Alone

 

Abandoned and betrayed, 
Forsaken and alone, 
Despair my one companion, 
My heart within me like a stone 
With no one here for me, 
No kindly word of care, 
Who’ll offer consolation?
My heavy burden, who can share?

 

I’m not alone; I never was. I’ll never be, 
And all because Jehovah knows; Jehovah sees.
He hears my prayer; He’s here with me.
Whatever comes my way, I’m never alone.

 

Whatever I may lose 
By sticking close to you, 
No matter who may fail me, 
I know you’ll never be untrue.
You’re close to me, O God, 
And never far away.
My faith, my hope, reliance?
— I know you never will betray.

 

I’m not alone; I never was. I’ll never be, 
And all because Jehovah knows; Jehovah sees.
He hears my prayer; He’s here with me.
Whatever comes my way, I’m never alone.

 

I never was. I’ll never be, 
And all because Jehovah knows; Jehovah sees.
He hears my prayer; He’s here with me.
Whatever comes my way, I’m never alone.

 

Lyrics to JW Broadcast Original Songs from October 2014 through July 2018 can be found here: 

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=45EB4F58006663B6!109&cid=45EB4F58006663B6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jothob said:

Brilliant broadcast this month. Loved how it’s helping us to study deeply & not just skimming the surface. Helps us develop a closer relationship with Jehovah, & boy don’t we need that! There are hard times just ahead & we need that complete reliance on Jehovah. We can only rely on him if we have a specially close relationship with him. 

Also I loved the song, very moving.....

Agreed. It was a great JWB. To me, it really demonstrates further our reliance on the Bible, and the ability to use critical thinking when reading the Bible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one sister who made the Truth her own despite her family putting her out... she said she intended to "be the sort of person she always needed" in order to help others.

 

That is a phrase I've said CONSTANTLY to my son thru the years when he'd been feeling low, like no one really cared for him, etc.  I say that to myself.  

 

It felt very strange to basically hear myself being quoted back to me on the Broadcast.  But rather affirming, as well!  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

They might need to jazz it up a little to sell the idea, perhaps give him a new wardrobe...:lol:

 

well.. maybe if they give it a REALLY specific title so people know what it's about... 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hope said:

 

well.. maybe if they give it a REALLY specific title so people know what it's about... 😏

Like "Joseph and his....mean brothers"....no, no...

Joseph and his....bosses wife.....no...no....

Joseph and his....life after prison...no...no..

I give up,  just Joseph and his something.....😉

Edited by jwhess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 18.5.26 by Robert Angle (changelog)