JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for July 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2052 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Excuse me if this question has been asked and explained elsewhere, but what actually does the word Original mean when referring to certain songs? And what is the reason for having songs that are not part of our Song Book and not sung at the meetings?..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

20 minutes ago, Dove said:

Excuse me if this question has been asked and explained elsewhere, but what actually does the word Original mean when referring to certain songs? And what is the reason for having songs that are not part of our Song Book and not sung at the meetings?..

"Original" songs are those that are composed for the JW Broadcasting monthly programs. Also, some of the children's songs, such as "Journey With Jehovah’s Friends" could be considered as original songs. Or perhaps they are songs composed for some other special occasion. For example, the song "A Place That Will Bring You Praise" was composed especially for the opening and dedication of the new world headquarters in 2017. It has never been used since and perhaps never will be. Most of these "original" songs, such as the monthly programs music videos, may not have any part of our worship directly, but are there for our enjoyment (although some could be used in Family Worship if so desired). Others do have a certain "one-time" use in our worship. They may never be part of our songbook and will never be sung at our meetings.

It is similar with some talks. Public talks given at our meetings each week are from an outline. Various brothers can choose which outlines they could use as the basis of a talk. Those talks could be given many, many times, by different brothers, all over the world, repeatedly. They are given usually by many different brothers over the years, so you may hear the same talk many times over the course of the years without even noticing it was already given before. On the other hand there are what we could call "original" talks. They could be written for a specific purpose, and delivered just once. For example there is the special talk we hear following the memorial every year. Those talks are given once, and may never be heard again. Our Morning Worship segments on JW Broadcasting are, in a sense, talks. But there is no outline kept to be used on another occasion.

The songs are "original" in that they have been written by a team at the world headquarters, and have never been heard before. They may not be a direct part of our worship, such as in our songbook, but they do in some way benefit all of Jehovah's people.

5 minutes ago, Sheep said:

For example, the song "A Place That Will Bring You Praise" was composed especially for the opening and dedication of the new world headquarters in 2017. It has never been used since and perhaps never will be. 

Cameroon is now constructing their new Bethel branch as well.  Once the branch is completed the whole country will be tied-in for the dedication talk.  I believe this special song will more than likely be sung at this dedication. (And I'm sure we'll get an update on JWB in the near future!) :)

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

"Original" songs are those that are composed for the JW Broadcasting monthly programs. Also, some of the children's songs, such as "Journey With Jehovah’s Friends" could be considered as original songs. Or perhaps they are songs composed for some other special occasion. For example, the song "A Place That Will Bring You Praise" was composed especially for the opening and dedication of the new world headquarters in 2017. It has never been used since and perhaps never will be. Most of these "original" songs, such as the monthly programs music videos, may not have any part of our worship directly, but are there for our enjoyment (although some could be used in Family Worship if so desired). Others do have a certain "one-time" use in our worship. They may never be part of our songbook and will never be sung at our meetings.

It is similar with some talks. Public talks given at our meetings each week are from an outline. Various brothers can choose which outlines they could use as the basis of a talk. Those talks could be given many, many times, by different brothers, all over the world, repeatedly. They are given usually by many different brothers over the years, so you may hear the same talk many times over the course of the years without even noticing it was already given before. On the other hand there are what we could call "original" talks. They could be written for a specific purpose, and delivered just once. For example there is the special talk we hear following the memorial every year. Those talks are given once, and may never be heard again. Our Morning Worship segments on JW Broadcasting are, in a sense, talks. But there is no outline kept to be used on another occasion.

The songs are "original" in that they have been written by a team at the world headquarters, and have never been heard before. They may not be a direct part of our worship, such as in our songbook, but they do in some way benefit all of Jehovah's people.

Thank you for explaining this so well..it always confused me when I would see similar words on Netflix and Amazon for their Original Movies. When I read the explanation for them it was not what I thought would be meant by our Original songs, so this is so understandable now..😊

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

14 hours ago, Sheep said:

On the other hand there are what we could call "original" talks. They could be written for a specific purpose, and delivered just once. For example there is the special talk we hear following the memorial every year. Those talks are given once, and may never be heard again

Actually, the special talks are added to the list of outlines and are given again. My husband has had several over the years. 

I noticed last week, that the link (https://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201806&langwritten=e) is not working or showing anything like it did last week with the broadcast. 

Anyone have a new link?

1 hour ago, thunderl said:

I noticed last week, that the link (https://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201806&langwritten=e) is not working or showing anything like it did last week with the broadcast. 

Anyone have a new link?

You will find one possible answer on Page 3.

I was deeply touched by this month's broadcasting. It has been a real eye opener on how to really delve into the scriptures and make it come to life. I really liked how to use the 6 questions and how brothers n sisters used different colours to identify subject topics in the Bible. It was such a humbling experience that has made me see that I have a lot to learn.

As for the song...... Wooooww, i think i did share a tear and i looked round to see others wiping tears from their eyes too.:cry:

Such valuable gems from Jehovah's organization.!!! May He keep blessing us with more of these and help us to apply the things we learn.

11 minutes ago, Danni said:

i cant download the broadcast with subtitles... 🤔

you 'can' have subtitles?

Didn't know that.. my wife has problems hearing the words of some of the singers (usually the one off songs at the end of a broadcast) where the music is so dominant/loud compared to the singer, the words get lost on her.. I feel the same too sometimes. if there were subtitles it would help a great deal. Do you normally get subtitles then, Bro Danni?

8 minutes ago, Alan said:

you 'can' have subtitles?

Didn't know that.. my wife has problems hearing the words of some of the singers (usually the one off songs at the end of a broadcast) where the music is so dominant/loud compared to the singer, the words get lost on her.. I feel the same too sometimes. if there were subtitles it would help a great deal. Do you normally get subtitles then, Bro Danni?

Yes! Take a look at this April 2018 broadcast. this download link includes subtitles on it. 😄

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_broadcasting/07/jwb_s-Sub_E_201804_01_r720P.mp4

Just make sure the Display subtitles when available is checked on the tv.jw.org settings.

But now I can't download a broadcast with subtitles anymore. 

7 minutes ago, Danni said:

Yes! Take a look at this April 2018 broadcast. this download link includes subtitles on it. 😄

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_broadcasting/07/jwb_s-Sub_E_201804_01_r720P.mp4

Just make sure the Display subtitles when available is checked on the tv.jw.org settings.

But now I can't download a broadcast with subtitles anymore. 

that's very useful Danni. Thanks

sorry you can't get your's at all :(

5 hours ago, Danni said:

Br. Danilo, when you go to the JW.TV site to download the video, can you see the "subtitles" box on the line where you choose the resolution?  If you can see it, does it have a 'slash' bar across it?  If it does, click on it and remove the bar.  I just played the July broadcast and it worked both ways (I did not download it).

On 7/13/2018 at 11:33 AM, Paa Yaw said:

I was deeply touched by this month's broadcasting. It has been a real eye opener on how to really delve into the scriptures and make it come to life. I really liked how to use the 6 questions and how brothers n sisters used different colours to identify subject topics in the Bible. It was such a humbling experience that has made me see that I have a lot to learn.

As for the song...... Wooooww, i think i did share a tear and i looked round to see others wiping tears from their eyes too.:cry:

Such valuable gems from Jehovah's organization.!!! May He keep blessing us with more of these and help us to apply the things we learn.

The night we watched the Broadcast, my wife and I did our normal Bible reading routine, except that we tried to imitate the lessons we just learned. IT was a real eye opener in how effective a slow study of the material can be. 

That being said, as much as I like (love) this method of Bible reading, I also love reading through large sections quickly to get a sense of the over all themes and a sense of the action in books like Acts. You can read (or listen to) Acts in a day - just a few hours - and it can be a real perspective shift to see it all happening and get how it all connects. I get the feeling that anyone at Gilead would tell you that you need both, the slow zooming in "gleaning", and the broad perspectives. I would of course think that the slow "baking" method is of course more beneficial in most instances, however I think both have their place. 

I am studying for pioneer school currently, so this broadcast came at just the right time. I have applied the suggestions from the broadcast to my study, and I can honestly say it’s been life-changing for me. Personal application has never been so clear. Bible accounts have come alive like they never have before. I had done personal study before, but now it’s entirely different. 

I feel like Job, who said of Jehovah: “My ears have heard about you, but now I do see you with my eyes.” (Job 42:5) I am seeing Jehovah in a whole new, far more personal light, and the more I study, the closer I feel to him :) 

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Br. Danilo, when you go to the JW.TV site to download the video, can you see the "subtitles" box on the line where you choose the resolution?  If you can see it, does it have a 'slash' bar across it?  If it does, click on it and remove the bar.  I just played the July broadcast and it worked both ways (I did not download it).

If it downloaded it didnt show its better in some ways but i am grateful for transcripts :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

10 hours ago, Danni said:

10 hours ago, Danni said:

Magandang hapon, aking kapatid Danilo! :oops: This is an English website.

The organization used to provide two separate files for each broadcast, one with subtitles, the other without. However, now there is only one file, with subtitles embedded. That means the subtitles are in it, but are not visible by default. So, first of all, download the July broadcast (although it looks like you already did that).

I'm not sure how it works in Windows Media Player, but try VLC Media Player. I use that as my default program for playing music and videos. In that, play the monthly broadcast for July in VLC, and right-click on the screen. In the menu that appears, select Subtitle. From there, select Sub track, and then Track 1. Now you will see the subtitles.

Edited by Sheep

added details

8 hours ago, Sheep said:

Magandang hapon, aking kapatid Danilo! :oops: This is an English website.

The organization used to provide two separate files for each broadcast, one with subtitles, the other without. However, now there is only one file, with subtitles embedded. That means the subtitles are in it, but are not visible by default. So, first of all, download the July broadcast (although it looks like you already did that).

I'm not sure how it works in Windows Media Player, but try VLC Media Player. I use that as my default program for playing music and videos. In that, play the monthly broadcast for July in VLC, and right-click on the screen. In the menu that appears, select Subtitle. From there, select Sub track, and then Track 1. Now you will see the subtitles.

This is very helpful. Now I understand. I tried what you said on VLC and it worked perfectly! Thanks a lot brother.

And by the way, thanks for using my language to greet me. Very encouraging... 😄

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2018 at 8:22 PM, Tortuga said:

I can think of a lot of reasons why Joseph would be the perfect drama for next years RC.

Betrayed by family

Imprisoned by false accusation.

Remains loyal in prison for years.

Suddenly released and rewarded.

It will be interesting if the feature film is about Joseph..

Hmmmm.....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D